View Poll Results: is PG a legit Superstar?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Top 10 player for the next few years

12 37.50%
  • Perennial All Star at best

10 31.25%
  • About to blow up, Top 3 player

10 31.25%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Goodwill Ambassador spurs_fan_in_exile's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably is but given his age and incredible athleticism it's possible that he might be one of Shawn Kemp's early ones.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what youre saying is that I should be afraid of the guy sitting behind a pc...typing... cool story bro
    Yeah he gets carried away a little bit with the role playing online.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Well, PG is definitely blowing up. I was trying to be conservative on his potential but it definitely looks like he's a legit early season MVP candidate. There's no holding him back now. I never expected him to improve his offense so much. He's not the same George from last year.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    DMC knows at least 10 different ways to kill you through the PC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    up

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    While I do believe George is an excellent all around player, he's severely overrated nowadays. With Indiana's strong early season run, George is being placed on a pedestal as the next big thing when clearly he's not. Not yet ready IMO at least.

When Granger comes back, expect his numbers to drop and when teams starts designing plays to contain him, then expect him to struggle. I see George as an All Star for many years to come, but a player that can lead his team to championships, he's not. He's no Paul Pierce, can never reach Kobe or Wade level, and obviously will never be in the same league as Lebron or even Durant for that matter. That offensive game of his has way too many flaws. Infinitely better than Harden though, fwiw.
    Saw it a mile away tbh.

Backup Goddess, tbh. Gummi Clutch's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saw it a mile away tbh.
    Yea it was a good post, but the big "wtf?" was saved for the last bit...
    Infinitely better than Harden though, fwiw.

I don't know if there is anybody stupid enough to take George over Hard-on.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Yea it was a good post, but the big "wtf?" was saved for the last bit...

I don't know if there is anybody stupid enough to take George over Hard-on.
    There are people who preferred, still prefers Harden over George for the simple fact that Harden can close games.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    There are people who preferred, still prefers Harden over George for the simple fact that Harden can close games.
    Have you been watching Harden lately ( he was off the first two months of the season, so anything since then..)? the dude is playing out of his mind. If you think that its simply about closing games, you are severely mistaken. I made the comparison the other day, Harden's offensive game is on a whole level above George. George's defense is likewise, a whole lot better also. Which is more important in gauging a player though? Do you take a Tony Allen over a Stephen Curry?

The pacers are literally crying for George to take more shots and score as they are so offensively challeneged, and he still struggles to score in the double digits some nights. On the other hand, you have Harden who has periodically been putting up 17+ point quarters for a while now, with high assist numbers when need be (he had 10 points and 9 assists in the first quarter yesterday) and has been scoring at such a pace that he would have 40+ just the last couple of games had he not elected to sit in the 4th. It really isn't even a question at this point about who is the better player, and offensively it would be a joke to compare the two. That doesn't even begin to come close to what other people were doing earlier (you and I are on the same side on this) about how some people compared him to Durant and Lebron.

I like him because he is a good defender, it is also why I criticized Harden pretty harshly earlier, but to say that is a reason for putting him ahead of James is pretty short sighted. Again, the Curry < Tony Allen comparison speaks to its fallacies. Had he had a better offensive game I would concede, but like you said, he doesn't have the skill set and probably never will get to that level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think there is a lot more to it than that, Harden's offensive game is far superior to George's. People wouldn't even bring it up if George didn't have that gimmick stretch the first month or two.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Paul George shot a staggering 6/22 tonight in a blowout loss to WSH

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's honestly a joke how Paul George is even on the MVP ladder for the NBA. In fact, he recently moved up to the 6th spot, likely because the Pacers beat the Heat yesterday.

He might be the most overrated player in the last decade. He only shot above 40% once in his last 7 games, and that was a 42% shooting performance.

I don't think anyone gets away with playing poorly as much as PG.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Well, PG is definitely blowing up. I was trying to be conservative on his potential but it definitely looks like he's a legit early season MVP candidate. There's no holding him back now. I never expected him to improve his offense so much. He's not the same George from last year.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    StrengthAndHonor with the mighty goods though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its ok. We're all wrong sometimes. Very wrong sometimes.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Its ok. We're all wrong sometimes. Very wrong sometimes.
    I like this guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like this guy. No .

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Paul George is Legitimately... a farce.

Impregnating a stripper
    Catfished

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Paul George is Legitimately... a farce.

Impregnating a stripper
    Catfished

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I really guess not

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Paul George
    toothless against LeBron
    manufactured superstar
    being legit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bump..

He is not even a top 10 player in the league right now, tbh..I think his game has plateaued and players like Jimmy Butler and even Giannis have surpassed him..He might not make it to All-Star team this season..
    Last edited by spursistan; 12-16-2016 at 12:19 AM.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Bump..

He is not even a top 10 player in the league right now, tbh..I think his game has plateaued and players like Jimmy Butler and even Giannis have surpassed him..He might not make it to All-Star team this season..
    He needs to get out of Indy, they had George Hill playing as a spot-up shooter.

Thibs should probably offer Wiggins/Lavine/Pek for George since he's losing hair dealing w/ a bunch of 21 year olds. (Just ship Rubio to the Kings for Collison/Affalo)

Towns
    Dieng
    PG
    Affalo
    Collison

.....that looks eerily similar to the Kings roster.
    Last edited by Kawhitstorm; 12-16-2016 at 12:58 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He needs to get out of Indy, they had George Hill playing as a spot-up shooter.

Thibs should probably offer Wiggins/Lavine/Pek for George since he's losing hair dealing w/ a bunch of 21 year olds. (Just ship Rubio to the Kings for Collison/Affalo)

Towns
    Dieng
    PG
    Affalo
    Collison

.....that looks eerily similar to the Kings roster.
    They shouldn't offer Lavine tbh; that's giving up too much.

Thread Information