San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    djohn2oo8 bringing up old takes as if he didnt say parsons > kawhi
    forgot about det

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    djohn2oo8 bringing up old takes as if he didnt say parsons > kawhi
    During that time Kawhi hadn't developed his offensive game yet. So yes at the time Parsons was better, offensively.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    i know exactly what you said and no it still isn't closer.
    Yes, it is. Have you watched Aldridge play at any time in the last five years?

You said that so the original comment wouldn't seem so ing stupid (which it is) about Kawhi being better.
    I don't give a rat's ass about the original comment. Your Aldridge > Kawhi take is one of the dumbest in SpursTalk history, which is why you keep deflecting so hard whenever it's brought up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But see you left room for them to be at least a little better. He left no room.
    I'm actually saying the Spurs will be worse off despite amare clearly being the better player of the two.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Wow, talk about an overstatement...but if you're talking about baseball you might be on to something there.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Yes, it is. Have you watched Aldridge play at any time in the last five years?

I don't give a rat's ass about the original comment. Your Aldridge > Kawhi take is one of the dumbest in SpursTalk history, which is why you keep deflecting so hard whenever it's brought up.
    No. Kawhi is no where close near LeBron. Nor Mj. Two dumb ing takes from Spurfan and a fake ass knock off wannabe spurfan. Neither LeBron nor MJ would get their assholes torn apart by Matt Barnes in a game 7

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron is the best. Kawhi, KD, WB, Curry, Harden can all argued as 2. Fans just gonna plug in their guy tbh. I know y'all are just spewing agenda but that's the truth

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No. Kawhi is no where close near LeBron. Nor Mj. Two dumb ing takes from Spurfan and a fake ass knock off wannabe spurfan. Neither LeBron nor MJ would get their assholes torn apart by Matt Barnes in a game 7
    I love kiwi he is the no doubt most consistently great two way player ...
    but the take Spurs wouldn't be better off with the all time great play making SF in NBA history is one of the dumbest takes in a forum known for them. I get that Amb and others are arguing about what Kiwi brings (better defense) and a great fit ...
    But we talking about near his prime LeBron James.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    but the take Spurs wouldn't be better off with the all time great play making SF in NBA history is one of the dumbest takes in a forum known for them. I get that Amb and others are arguing about what Kiwi brings (better defense) and a great fit ...
    This.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dunno about lebron vs kawhi

but ever since the finals loss, kawhi has improve his h2h record against lebron...hence they aren't even empty stats like compared other players who played against lebron but continue to loss games

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    i dunno about lebron vs kawhi

but ever since the finals loss, kawhi has improve his h2h record against lebron...hence they aren't even empty stats like compared other players who played against lebron but continue to loss games
    Hecpmays him better than anyone but LeBron has to do more for Cavs on offense than Kiwi does with SAS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron got shut out my an ancient Shawn Marion for an entire final series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's the frustrating part, no one is arguing kawhi is better or anywhere as good as lebron, the argument is that the Spurs wouldn't have been better last year with lebron or KD instead of kawhi. I don't necessarily agree with it as I think lebron would have brought a championship to the Spurs last year but I can see the argument.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That's the frustrating part, no one is arguing kawhi is better or anywhere as good as lebron, the argument is that the Spurs wouldn't have been better last year with lebron or KD instead of kawhi. I don't necessarily agree with it as I think lebron would have brought a championship to the Spurs last year but I can see the argument.
    I understood all that. But you give pop LeBron and add him to TOSB version of Tim and rest of big 3 with Aldridge Green etc.
    That's a championship...
    Did people forget the games he put up down 3-1 in the Finals?
    Smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you think the Spurs would have done much better than 67 wins with Lebron instead of Kawhi?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not dumb at all. The Spurs are elite as is. LeBron is undoubtedly the better player, but the offense would need to change drastically to allow him to have the ball in his hands the large majority of the time. The defense would see a drop off. It's not just plug and play.

The Spurs would still be elite with LeBron obviously, but when they're already winning 65 games a year with Kawhi as the guy there's not much more room to get better, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs wouldn't have won the Championship with Lebron last year. Lebron needs three pt shooters around him, the Spurs had close to none. On top of that, Lebron had one of his worst 3pt shooting seasons last year, a lineup of Tony, Green, Lebron, Aldridge and Tim would have struggle a lot on offense.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's not dumb at all. The Spurs are elite as is. LeBron is undoubtedly the better player, but the offense would need to change drastically to allow him to have the ball in his hands the large majority of the time. The defense would see a drop off. It's not just plug and play.

The Spurs would still be elite with LeBron obviously, but when they're already winning 65 games a year with Kawhi as the guy there's not much more room to get better, tbh.
    65 games does not equal championship or even making the Finals LeBron has been the best player in the Finals at least 5 of the last 7 years and a case can be made for 7 for 7 ...despite losing 3 of them.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The Spurs wouldn't have won the Championship with Lebron last year. Lebron needs three pt shooters around him, the Spurs had close to none. On top of that, Lebron had one of his worst 3pt shooting seasons last year, a lineup of Tony, Green, Lebron, Aldridge and Tim would have struggle a lot on offense.
    So LeBron and Pop couldn't adjust?
    With LeBron feeding Patty, green for wide open 3s they don't make more shots?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So LeBron and Pop couldn't adjust?
    With LeBron feeding Patty, green for wide open 3s they don't make more shots?
    No.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    How many times has the definitive best player and best Coach with another legit all star as the #2 (Aldridge) not at least make the Finals?!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This forum been sucking off James for years ...now all of a sudden they wouldn't have advanced further with LeBron..they beat OKC ..last year with James no way he blows the same series lead Kiwi did last year ..that is why he worked on his iso game ...he doesn't want to stumble this year ...
    If the argument is he has narrowed the gap on offense this year so his defense is more valuable ...
    but last year I would take LeBron 10 out of 10 ...
    And I was one of the loudest critics of how James failed to dominate kiwi head to head . .but
    Last year James was still head and shoulders the better player overall

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This forum been sucking off James for years ...now all of a sudden they wouldn't have advanced further with LeBron..they beat OKC ..last year with James no way he blows the same series lead Kiwi did last year ..that is why he worked on his iso game ...he doesn't want to stumble this year ...
    If the argument is he has narrowed the gap on offense this year so his defense is more valuable ...
    but last year I would take LeBron 10 out of 10 ...
    And I was one of the loudest critics of how James failed to dominate kiwi head to head . .but
    Last year James was still head and shoulders the better player overall
    Nobody is saying Lebron isn't better than Kawhi but the Spurs last year weren't built in a way that would suit Lebron, so no, they wouldn't have fared better than they did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, take the game that is currently going on. How much more do you want Kawhi to do? He has overrated garbage around him, including Popovich.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I mean, take the game that is currently going on. How much more do you want Kawhi to do? He has overrated garbage around him, including Popovich.
    More playmaking ...which is what LeBron is the best SF of all time at ...

Thread Information