Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol nash and stockton easily better than curry. Easily.
    You wouldn't think that if Nash and Stockton were a little darker, though

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you think nash or stockton during their best seasons on the current warrior teams would be worse? Both better playmakers. Both better court vision and passers. Curry wouldnt have even been on the floor in the 90s. His game is only effective in this offense only league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks. I take pride in being able to type one key at a time instead of matching six keys together with one keystroke.
    All those rice and beans we dropped on your village seems to have paid off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You wouldn’t think Bird is Chandler Parsons in modern NBA if he was a little darker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All those rice and beans we dropped on your village seems to have paid off.
    It would have paid off if it was the other way.

Think about it. The cholesterol is clogging your brain.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Well Nash has the same personal achievements without having Durant/Klay/Donkey/Iggy to win him the rings. And Nash clearly hasn't separated himself from the rest. Infact he is not even mentioned alongside the top players of his generation, even Iverson gets more recognition somehow.
    tbh Nash wouldn’t have been able to lead the Warriors to the Finals in 15 and 16 before Durant got there imo. Nash has also been surrounded by plenty of talent throughout his career but never even made the Finals

I would hve Curry over Nash simply due to the fact that he is a unique player who changed the way defenses were played. Nash was a really good player who didn’t have any offensive holes, yet Curry took that skill set and added a lightning quick jumper that teams have to respect 30 feet away from the basket. That’s something the game had never seen before. He strikes much more fear into a defense than Nash did

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    tbh Nash wouldn’t have been able to lead the Warriors to the Finals in 15 and 16 before Durant got there imo. Nash has also been surrounded by plenty of talent throughout his career but never even made the Finals

I would hve Curry over Nash simply due to the fact that he is a unique player who changed the way defenses were played. Nash was a really good player who didn’t have any offensive holes, yet Curry took that skill set and added a lightning quick jumper that teams have to respect 30 feet away from the basket. That’s something the game had never seen before. He strikes much more fear into a defense than Nash did
    this. nash has better vision but steph is better at pretty much everything else:shooting, ball handling even rebounding and defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we all agree that Curry > Nash (except like one guy). The more interesting debate is Stockton vs Nash.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope, he is an overrated chucker.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we all agree that Curry > Nash (except like one guy). The more interesting debate is Stockton vs Nash.
    Lol dumb

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    chef curry with the pot and the shot ...bang!!!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Ahem:

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I think being a back to back MVP (unanimous for second), best 3PT shooter in the history of NBA, and probably 4-5 rings clearly separates himself from the rest of the PGs.
    And Finals MVP

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Ahem:

He's way better than Kobe, that's for sure.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He's way better than Kobe, that's for sure.
    K

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's no longer the best person on his own team, and was never better than lebron James. I don't know, with the current rules its going to be interesting how close someone will come to him. There will never be another shaq, lebron, or duncan . There could be a curry, kobe, harden. Whether you care about these things will influence your decision . But in a draft for existing players he's outside the top 5. Lebron, durant, ad, kawhi, then maybe curry \ harden, Westbrook, gobert, Kat.

Go Lakers/Giants/Yankees David Stern's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I think being a back to back MVP (unanimous for second), best 3PT shooter in the history of NBA, and probably 4-5 rings clearly separates himself from the rest of the PGs.
    He isn’t winning 4-5 rings, dumb . This will be his last championship. This is the 2001-2002 Lakers/2012-2013 Miami Heat. The Warriors were already quite vulnerable this year facing elimination and being down double digits quite a bit. One more offseason and somebody will knock them off.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Imagine how many rings Curry would have won with Prime Shaq

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Imagine how many rings Curry would have won with Prime Shaq
    None. He's Mike Bibby in the 90s

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ahem:

Nash is better than curry.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Nash is better than curry.
    not sure I agree.
    Steph is the better shooter rebounder and even defender (both are not very good but Steph works at it at least)
    Nash has the superior vison as a passer and drives to dish, not score so that is nash all day ...
    both are great, steph is the better of the two-time MVP's

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    But but but LBJ don't have no help:

He's not nearly THAT player playing 2nd fiddle

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    not sure I agree.
    Steph is the better shooter rebounder and even defender (both are not very good but Steph works at it at least)
    Nash has the superior vison as a passer and drives to dish, not score so that is nash all day ...
    both are great, steph is the better of the two-time MVP's
    This. Steph also has some dog in him. I saw him willingly mixing it up with the Cav bigs and even jawing at that scrub Perkins.

I suppose Nash would be just as good in "today's NBA " but we'll never know.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I think Steph is better than Nash, clearly so at this point, due to his incredible scoring prowess which just sets him apart. And if he does get this Finals MVP, no matter the stacked teams he played with, he will have an argument regarding the Top 15. Kobe should feel a bit threatened IMO.

My argument was more on how someone like Nash, a Curry-light, never gets mentioned in the same breath.

Thread Information