Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sign Oubre already.
    He isn’t taking $10mm per year, and no teams have cap space anymore

At this point he’s going to play out the $5mm-ish QO unless the Suns give him something he likes. Otherwise, will be a UFA in a crappy FA class.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know nothing about his mental state, but do you agree that one thing is being a head case when you are twenty, another when you are grown up?...and you can be an headcase how much you want but this could be his last chance to have a career or at least make some money...being a headcase is one thing, being stupid another...I'm sure he's freaking scared to lose all his chances to ba a well paid nba player (or a nba player at all) and could realize this is a lst chance opportunity.
    I don't get your point on Bender...ha has already three years of experience and the structure of the contract I proposed for both (one year guarantee, next three years at team option) give the chance to PATFO to evaluate the learning process year by year...and decide year by year if he's progressing enough to be with the team again. So no risk in the sense you are wrinting about...
    I don't think you can structure a contract as a 4 year deal with each year a team option, and no one would sign one if you could. The best you could do is 3 years, year 3 a team option, and he'd probably leave then. Why invest the time?

Chriss is a nut case, and while he's not 20, he's only 22, and probably hasn't done much growing up yet. The same things apply to him, contract wise. If you invest in developing him, he's going to leave at the end of his deal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think you can structure a contract as a 4 year deal with each year a team option, and no one would sign one if you could. The best you could do is 3 years, year 3 a team option, and he'd probably leave then. Why invest the time?

Chriss is a nut case, and while he's not 20, he's only 22, and probably hasn't done much growing up yet. The same things apply to him, contract wise. If you invest in developing him, he's going to leave at the end of his deal.
    I think a similar deal was made with Blair...but maybe the rules were different at that time so I can't say...I'm not that expert in the current cba. That said, one sure thing is that if a player signs a three years contract you have his bird rights...so you have an easier way to sign him again and decide to exploit or not the assumed development he had thanks to you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you invest in developing him, he's going to leave at the end of his deal.
    I love how this is a repeating theme in Today's NBA

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bender for a 3 year team friendly deal ( team option 3 year ).

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will take a flyer on Bender and Faried

I'm not high on Lyles but why not.
    Spurs can take a chance and waive a player now and take two player using MLE.
    I like Faried as a defender and rebounder. Spurs doesn't have an athletic player like Faried in the bench.
    The second player could be a failed PF project from another team with a developed body. (Bender, Yabusele, Diallo etc...)

Or try to convince OKC to buyout Gallo at half salary with the promise that they will give him full MLE.
    Is a win win for both teams. OKC does have to pay 11M and Spurs get the player they need.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs can take a chance and waive a player now and take two player using MLE.
    I like Faried as a defender and rebounder. Spurs doesn't have an athletic player like Faried in the bench.
    The second player could be a failed PF project from another team with a developed body. (Bender, Yabusele, Diallo etc...)

Or try to convince OKC to buyout Gallo at half salary with the promise that they will give him full MLE.
    Is a win win for both teams. OKC does have to pay 11M and Spurs get the player they need.
    I like the Spurs new flexibility now that Morris is gone!

Thread Information