Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn’t Tyler Johnson serviceable at one point? Did his game fall off a cliff?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is ridiculous. That new strain is everywhere and is unstoppable. Just need to let it take its course and build immunity.

How shocking is it that Pop hasn't had it right?
    Pretty much

covid is here to stay. the faster we just accept it the better the quality of life for all.
    life is vulnerable, it was already vulnerable even before this. imagine living in fear every time you are in a car due to the idiot drivers that surround you. sometimes you just can't avoid the idiots, but thats no reason to live in fear. use the protection provided and live on.

and like someone said before, it's hilarious seeing pop mask up ALL game only to pull it down when he's 2 inches away from the opposing coach after the game. seriously dude, think about what you're doing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just to preface I’m not some face antivax . I’m pro vax. Pro booster. I have no issue with masks either.

However it’s hard to understand nearly a year into vaccinations and the recent reduction of severe cases/hospitalizations we should be at the point where it’s time to move away with these isolation periods. Especially for asymptomatic people. If all we’re doing is wrecking the season to protect next to no one from a mild 2-3 day flu then it’s time to reevaluate on a bigger scale. Mission accomplished if we’ve neutered this virus to a mild flu.
    The thing is there is a reduction in hospitalization rates, but the volume is so high with this wave that hospitals are strained none the less. I encourage you to talk to ICU and Hospital nurses and staff in general. They are universally burnt out after the past few years. This virus is going to be an endemic fact of life going forward but I don't think many people know how bad our hospitals are right now. There's still reason to try to keep this wave as slow as possible.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NPCs never question the narrative they just go along to get along
    It's been obvious from day one that trusting big pharma with it's reputation for outright lies, murder and corruption is pretty dumb but they will be taking their 6th and 7th boosters, still wearing masks, locking down and licking boots to the end even as the effectiveness of the injections are obviously far far less than initially promised.
    Imagine taking something the manufacturer has no liability for.
    LOL trusting Republicans instead of science. Trump s accusing anyone else of licking boots is pretty hilarious though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie rejoining Spurs, and may play tonight. McD still in protocols, and still in Detroit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much

covid is here to stay. the faster we just accept it the better the quality of life for all.
    life is vulnerable, it was already vulnerable even before this. imagine living in fear every time you are in a car due to the idiot drivers that surround you. sometimes you just can't avoid the idiots, but thats no reason to live in fear. use the protection provided and live on.

and like someone said before, it's hilarious seeing pop mask up ALL game only to pull it down when he's 2 inches away from the opposing coach after the game. seriously dude, think about what you're doing.
    yeh covid is here to stay, and u must live alongside it... problem is if your a healthy person/athelet, why would u want anything to do with covid, even if you recover from slight symptoms you still dont want it, who knows what it does long term to your health especially lungs...since ur a athlete and ur sporting life is limited to cash in as much money as possible, you dont want to decline your career quicker then the norm....

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing is there is a reduction in hospitalization rates, but the volume is so high with this wave that hospitals are strained none the less. I encourage you to talk to ICU and Hospital nurses and staff in general. They are universally burnt out after the past few years. This virus is going to be an endemic fact of life going forward but I don't think many people know how bad our hospitals are right now. There's still reason to try to keep this wave as slow as possible.
    I work closely within the pandemic so I’m definitely not being dismissive of your point. The burnout is real but this wave will come and go at at much faster clip than say delta.

I’m not sold that isolating asymptomatic NBA athletes will slow the strain on hospitals or even save lives. These players are largely going about their lives off the court anyway. Maybe not arbitrary but the rules at this point are optics at best. I don’t believe they serve a measurable difference at the big picture level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL trusting Republicans instead of science. Trump s accusing anyone else of licking boots is pretty hilarious though.
    You mean the same republicans who rushed through the without following normal testing protocols so they could try to claim credit? The warp speed republicans who tell everyone to take it every chance they get.
    Muh science!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean the same republicans who rushed through the without following normal testing protocols so they could try to claim credit? The warp speed republicans who tell everyone to take it every chance they get.
    Muh science!!
    LOL conspiri trusts Republicans like Tucker Carlson instead of science

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I work closely within the pandemic so I’m definitely not being dismissive of your point. The burnout is real but this wave will come and go at at much faster clip than say delta.
    We're like a month into the omicron wave and it still keeps shooting up. I remember when delta was supposed to peak and be over quickly too.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're like a month into the omicron wave and it still keeps shooting up. I remember when delta was supposed to peak and be over quickly too.
    I’m not going to get into splitting hairs. I’m all for saving lives and doing the right thing but all indications point to lower hospitalizations and way lower deaths as this has nearly peaked out without sniffing delta’s level of damage.

They can say it’s a less deadly strain etc but it’s no coincidence that the lack of severe cases and deaths are likely attributed to higher vaccination rates as well. Especially with so many people taking less precautions like masking and distancing.

Not to back peddle but all I’m saying is that if we’ve reached a point where it’s simply a matter of 2-3 day flu for most people then it’s probably time to explore dialing back the isolations etc. We’re gonna need to reach that point anyway. Right?

I haven’t dived into SA’s numbers but here in corpus active cases are nearing deltas level but hospitalizations and ICU numbers aren’t anywhere near delta or the first wave. That’s a strong indicator that we’re at least nearing an endgame.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not going to get into splitting hairs. I’m all for saving lives and doing the right thing but all indications point to lower hospitalizations and way lower deaths as this has nearly peaked out without sniffing delta’s level of damage.

They can say it’s a less deadly strain etc but it’s no coincidence that the lack of severe cases and deaths are likely attributed to higher vaccination rates as well. Especially with so many people taking less precautions like masking and distancing.

Not to back peddle but all I’m saying is that if we’ve reached a point where it’s simply a matter of 2-3 day flu for most people then it’s probably time to explore dialing back the isolations etc. We’re gonna need to reach that point anyway. Right?

I haven’t dived into SA’s numbers but here in corpus active cases are nearing deltas level but hospitalizations and ICU numbers aren’t anywhere near delta or the first wave. That’s a strong indicator that we’re at least nearing an endgame.
    I hope it's like you say but I see a ton of hospitals nationwide saying they're expecting to go on triage standards in the next week or so and many already have. Caseload nationwide still seems to be increasing rapidly. I will say everyone I know who has gotten COVID in this wave has responded pretty well to it so I'm hopeful, though they all have had the two shots at the least. While batting average for people I know/knew who got COVID and had nasty symptoms, including long COVID and death, before the vaccines were readily available is pretty bad. Thankfully I don't have any antivaxx s in my friend circle nor family.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vaccines are helpful but they need to bring better treatments to the market ASAP.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurtacular look at all the Chumpettes who believe in the hoax.

Look at all the Spurs players going along with the hoax.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie rejoining Spurs, and may play tonight. McD still in protocols, and still in Detroit.
    I was pleasantly surprised seeing Lonnie joining the team last night. I don’t know NBA’s Covid protocol, but that was quick.

In hindsight, I think this is an opportunity for Pop to see players like KBD, Primo, Weiskamp and Landale more. As I said, I’m liking KBD at starting PF and Primo as future starting SG next to DJM. If Weiskamp can prove to shoot the lights out, then bye Brynn, and with much better defense and rebounding.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurtacular look at all the Chumpettes who believe in the hoax.

Look at all the Spurs players going along with the hoax.
    Not sure what you're saying, are you talking about the players being out so that the Spurs can tank? What are you referring to when you say "hoax"?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If u don't get it just go back to sleep

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thad is cleared to play now. Will he, who knows???

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did Doug catch delta varient or not coping catching covid like the rest of his teammates. Should of been back by now? His team undermanned and needs a shooter not named Bryn out there playing.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn’t Tyler Johnson serviceable at one point? Did his game fall off a cliff?
    He useless out there . Not sure what spurs saw in him but not a liability like bryn on D i guess. If you want a positive.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He useless out there . Not sure what spurs saw in him but not a liability like bryn on D i guess. If you want a positive.
    No kidding. Once upon a time though, he was a commodity. So it goes I guess…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    COVID's a disease, not a vacation. There's no "Shoulda been back"s when it comes to recovery. After millions of people dying around the world, you'd think that would be obvious. Yes, most of the people who get it are okay. But a lot of them aren't, especially immediately, and despite what some outlets like to say, it's not just the pre-conditioned that end up suffering. Let Doug take the time he needs to heal.

Also, he's not actually on the H&S list as far as I've seen. He was in reconditioning before the last game, though Bally Sports just lumped everyone together (which they did with Murray and Walker too when they were reconditioning).

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did Doug catch delta varient or not coping catching covid like the rest of his teammates. Should of been back by now? His team undermanned and needs a shooter not named Bryn out there playing.
    Probably should of finished with a question mark but wouldnt be asking if I thought Dough was on vacation.

Everyone handles it differently and variants is a thing. Why not so obvious.

Cant find any prgress reports on Doug either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's also important to know that an injury list is just that; it's not as if the NBA or Spurs are going to commit HIPAA violations and release medical records to the public. so as to which player takes longer to recover, it is just what that is.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doug is expected back against cavs. Pop cant help himself when it comes to overplaying that designated shooters role especially when they hot. I'd rather it be Doug. Hopefully this means less of Bryn.

yes!
    Last edited by Slippy; 01-13-2022 at 08:12 PM.

Thread Information