Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Spurs culture" was Tim Duncan and Manu Ginóbili.
    Don't forget Dave.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    WTF is up with your gif? Unless I'm reading that wrong, that's virulent racism.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haha. Do tell how it's racist? You know the other person is a representation of the fic ious Grim Reaper that comes for all souls, black, white, brown, yellow, and red.

At best it's ableist but it's not because the dude is in a wheelchair so it's just an accurate representation of his disabled state.

Get smarter, if that's possible for you.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with those who point out that scouting for character is highly unreliable, all the more so with 18-year-olds.

“Spurs culture” was Tim Duncan and Manu Ginóbili. This conceit about how the organization is the reason for winning comes from the exact same hubris Jerry Krause had in Chicago back in the day. What have the Bulls accomplished since 1998?
    Meh, I remember the coaching carousel of the early to mid 90s and the ty front office moves that torpedoed David Robinson's prime. I think that organization probably would have lost Tim to Orlando while Pop was able to get him to stay.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey rascal, your boy Sharpe looking good!
    Sharpe is going to be a superstar. Most on this site didn't even want to draft him if he fell to the Spurs. I wanted the Spurs to trade up and target him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ people weren’t unjustified in their takes man. Dude played like 3 minutes in college, had two grainy high school videos, and was hiding for most of the pre-draft workouts.

Sounds like you had some inside track we didn’t, but I don’t blame folks for be skeptical at the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t have a problem with trying to hit home runs in the draft. But Primo was like swinging at a pitch a foot and a half off the plate. He never showed that much to begin with. His being waived probably because of character issues doesn’t sting because it seems like a potential All-Star down the drain. It stings because it makes it look like the Spurs’ front office has no idea what it’s doing.

On the other hand, Keldon Johnson. And Devin Vassell. And Jeremy Sochan. And maybe Blake Wesley.
    I mean there's a huge disconnect between the two paragraphs in your post. Does it look like the Spurs front office doesn't know what they're doing or does it look like Spurs fans have no idea what the flame out rate of lottery picks is? Probably a bit of both, honestly, but the Spurs draft history is much better than anything Krause ever did in Chicago. Yeah, the Spurs front office is not making the best moves and they've had missteps, but so has almsot every single other front office in the NBA. There are a few that are currently doing really well like Memphis, but even teams who have had continued success have ed up a lot. And even teams who have everything going for them like the Lakers up great situations.

I think people here complain way too much about our front office because they really don't know what an actual bad front office is. And thats not to say that our front office doesn't make mistakes, but let me know when we draft a Fultz instead of Primo or Samanich.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins, when we signed him, took the place of Luka regardless. And Collins was a lottery Pick appointment for the Blazers. It’s a wash.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sharpe is going to be a superstar. Most on this site didn't even want to draft him if he fell to the Spurs. I wanted the Spurs to trade up and target him.
    His moniker “lil’ shine” instantly precluded him from being a Spur.

Yet we were okay reaching for another Canadian who had little track record because he was a supposed high character person.

Can’t tell me PATFO actually know what the fk they are doing at this point.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ people weren’t unjustified in their takes man. Dude played like 3 minutes in college, had two grainy high school videos, and was hiding for most of the pre-draft workouts.

Sounds like you had some inside track we didn’t, but I don’t blame folks for be skeptical at the time.
    His high school tape jumped out to me as he had star upside skills. Other scouts for nba teams (Portland) also had Sharpe high
    that's why he was a top ten draft pick. If the spurs didn't want sharpe as many in the forum, it shows they were not right in assesing his talent and made the other nonsense why not to draft him too important.

Poor judgment call by the front office.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's obviously a zone where exposing oneself becomes a form of assault, but it's become increasingly muddied in recent years.

For example, is this protestor exposing themself at Putin?

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...-topless-women

Are these naked bikers "exposing themselves"?

https://www.timeout.com/newyork/thin...ike-ride-guide

Is this drag queen exposing herself or just teaching these children the Black dance art known as "twerking"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VA72t7o24I

What is the line between exposure and sex education?

https://www.sott.net/article/465293-...motes-sex-work

The strange thing to me is that Primo could have whipped his blank-a-doodle-doo out at a children's drag show or anti-fascism protest and both Pop and Buford would be driving home sloshed and laughing about it. But he does it in front of a grown woman in private and he's off the team?

Hopefully further details reveal that the Spurs reacted rationally and fairly.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's obviously a zone where exposing oneself becomes a form of assault, but it's become increasingly muddied in recent years.

For example, is this protestor exposing themself at Putin?

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...-topless-women

Are these naked bikers "exposing themselves"?

https://www.timeout.com/newyork/thin...ike-ride-guide

Is this drag queen exposing herself or just teaching these children the Black dance art known as "twerking"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VA72t7o24I

What is the line between exposure and sex education?

https://www.sott.net/article/465293-...motes-sex-work

The strange thing to me is that Primo could have whipped his blank-a-doodle-doo out at a children's drag show or anti-fascism protest and both Pop and Buford would be driving home sloshed and laughing about it. But he does it in front of a grown woman in private and he's off the team?

Hopefully further details reveal that the Spurs reacted rationally and fairly.
    the apologists are hard at work

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His high school tape jumped out to me as he had star upside skills. Other scouts for nba teams (Portland) also had Sharpe high
    that's why he was a top ten draft pick. If the spurs didn't want sharpe as many in the forum, it shows they were not right in assesing his talent and made the other nonsense why not to draft him too important.

Poor judgment call by the front office.
    I mean the president of basketball operations literally picked Mason Plumlee over Bam Adebayo and told Bam "you ain't ready". Nothing new here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You can never tell with HS guys. I remember when Austin Rivers looked like he was going to be a star coming out of HS but as soon as he started playing half decent compe ion at Duke he looked pretty average.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes you are quite strange to think that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only people coming out on top in this matter are going to be the victim's lawyers and Primo's agent who has probably received his cut of Primo's current and next years salary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo stepping away from basketball purely because of mental health is bull . Damn near the entire team posted on their instagram stories last night and not one of them was like "come back stronger" "Praying for my guy Primo" "wish you the best" literally nothing from anyone wishing him well.
    Good point but you forgot the emojis tbh

Thread Information