Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    At first i was hoping chuck would run over rampage. After watching All Access last night Im about even. Im kind of with Leonard. Change might be good in the Light-Heavyweights

Dirk Administers THE SHOCKER LEONARD's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    No, you're right I'm just a very casual fan.

Since UFC 70 was on regular cable, I thought they might do it again, what the do I know.
    I wouldn't expect that again anytime soon...

June 12th and June 23rd are the upcoming free events on e (UFN 10 and TUF 5 finale).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah it would be nice, but with the draw that UFC is getting these days, there is no reason NOT to have ppv. Man I need somewhere to watch the fight...anyone in Austin getting it , ill bring the beer.

"I'm gonna whoop Chucks ass" : Rampage Jackson aka(or as I like to call him) Clubber Lane.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Man I need somewhere to watch the fight...anyone in Austin getting it , ill bring the beer.
    List of bars, restaurants, etc showing UFC 71...900 locations...
    http://ufcjunkie.com/2007/05/16/ufc-...er-view-event/
    http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=Even...tsBars&eid=547

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

hahah why am I not surprised .....You the man Leonard. Actually I know of several places here in Austin to go to, but you have to fight the crowd and get there early and pay outrageous prices for beer. I guess it will be Hooters, nice view and like the wings .

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    hahah why am I not surprised .....You the man Leonard. Actually I know of several places here in Austin to go to, but you have to fight the crowd and get there early and pay outrageous prices for beer. I guess it will be Hooters, nice view and like the wings .
    check your pm's man...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has anyone ever watched a UFC fight at a bar, gotten drunk, and felt like they were a UFC fighter? hahah I did that after Liddell vs Couture 2, good times. It wasnt my fault either, someone else started it .

Keep The Balance IX_Equilibrium's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has anyone ever watched a UFC fight at a bar, gotten drunk, and felt like they were a UFC fighter? hahah I did that after Liddell vs Couture 2, good times. It wasnt my fault either, someone else started it .

WHat was the outcome?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WHat was the outcome?

hahaha Well it was in Austin's "gay" district. There is this cool sports bar called Ringer (flat panels in the bathroom mirror) and me and some friend were walking(or trying too) walk down to 6th street. I am friends to all race, sexual preference etc... but these guys were staring at us. Don't know if they were gay or not but I yelled at them asking them what they were looking at and if they had a problem. Freemad Dan (another poster here)was with me that night and he turned around yelling at them too. They just kept walking and were talking trash while walking. It wasnt a big deal, but yeah we were wasted and outnumbered. We would have gotten beat worse than Griffen vs Bonner 1.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Why the UFC needs Chuck Liddell to lose at UFC 71

Chuck Liddell has consistently fought some of the best in Mixed Martial Arts since his last loss 4 years ago winning against Randy Couture, Renato Sobral and Jeremy Horn to name a few. Now he faces the man who handed him his last loss which was in PRIDE at Final Conflict 2003 at UFC 71. Since that meeting Chuck has amassed an amazing 7-0 record and picked up the UFC light heavyweight belt along the way. Quinton “Rampage” Jackson has been busier but not as successful amassing up a 7-3 record.

UFC 71 is the single most important fight the UFC has ever had as the outcome has drastic ramifications on the future of the UFC regardless of who wins. If Chuck wins it brings back some stability to the recent flood of continuous upsets that have rocked the MMA universe since Anderson Silva plastered Rich Franklin’s nose on the other side of his face with his knees on October at UFC 64. Since Franklin lost his middle weight belt other greats such as Tim Sylvia, Matt Hughes, Wanderlei Silva, Georges St Pierre, and Mirko Cro Cop have taken losses that were chalked in as wins by fans before the fight even began. Upsets can be great for sports and exciting for fans but too many upsets in such a short time can bring on an age of parity that brings down the level of excitement for cards. And let’s face it, its harder to market fighters when nobody is sure they will still hold the belt after their next fight so while the UFC will never admit it, they would almost always chose for the bigger star to always win, almost.

But if Rampage does win, all is not lost since if there is to be another upset, it needs to be Rampage as there is so much to gain. Rampage is what the UFC and every sport needs. A charismatic spokesman who will go on talks shows, do radio interviews and everything in between to sell the sport and being able to win at an elite level while he does it. o Ortiz would have been perfect for this role but its becoming obvious he is simply not an elite fighter and this has been proven time and time again with losses to Randy Couture and Chuck Liddell. Defeating a broken down post 40’s fighter in Ken Shamrock a couple times impresses nobody. He’s a great fighter and has the media tools to charm, but likely never a le holder. Chuck and Randy are as nice and humble an athlete as you will ever see but they simply don’t do well on camera. Other elite fighters like Mirko Cro Cop hate the media and the pomp that surrounds fights, Fedor Emelianenko just smiles and gives 2 word answers never making eye contact and like Anderson Silva, none of them speak English very well. Politically incorrect or not, the UFC needs an English speaking hero who oozes charisma and can work the media. Imagine Rampages infectious grin on HBO’s Inside Sports with a LHW belt hanging in the background and you can see the UFC taken to a new level. A minority of humble beginnings who has turned his life around from street crime to body slams, Bryan Gumbel would just gush over him. After the NHL playoffs this weekend got relegated to obscurity on the Versus network during over time for a horse racing pre-game show and with the success of NASCAR, we now know its possible for a fast dramatic shift in sports by the mainstream media in what it covers. Rampage who walks into the octagon howling like a werewolf bringing the fans to their feet and wears a thick metal chain for good luck that is big enough to secure Fort Knox recently stated to the Orange County register,

“”I’ve been howling since I was a little kid. I’ve been wearing a chain ever since I started wrestling in high school. Why not be myself? I’m already stupid, make fun of everybody, laugh and joke around. I just brought it with me. Be myself. This is what I do. When I fight, my main objective is to excite the fans. If it weren’t for them, we wouldn’t have this sport.”

As much as the UFC needs more stability right now, they need Rampage even more.

Keep The Balance IX_Equilibrium's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you write this Leonard?

If not, can you provide the link to it's source?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he did write it.......damn good job hahaha.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    nice article. you leo check out my new avi.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Did you write this Leonard?

If not, can you provide the link to it's source?
    LOL...nope...it's from here:
    http://www.mmahaven.com/

which seems to be a little sketchy...
    http://www.mmahaven.com/2007/05/22/s...ght-at-ufc-71/

Evan Tanner?? Gonzaga??

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Evan Tanner?? Gonzaga??

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Shogun to fight at UFC 71:

It looks like the UFC will will add one of the most talented Light Heavyweights in MMA to its ranks as it was made clear Shogun officially signed with the UFC and may fight at UFC 71 which heavily bolsters a pretty weak card. The former PRIDE star will make every UFC LHW look over their shoulders as he should get a le fight pretty quick as he is an instant contender.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Yea, he typo'd 71 instead of 72 on top of the CB list with some odd entries...

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    leo like my NOG avvitarrr

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    ?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    bad-arse

I need a new one since the Mavs season is over (Dirk DID administer THE SHOCKER this season!)...

Damn thing won't let me change it (says it's too big when it's really not).

Last edited by LEONARD; 05-23-2007 at 05:33 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    bad-arse

I need a new one since the Mavs season is over (Dirk DID administer THE SHOCKER this season!)...

Damn thing won't let me change it (says it's too big when it's really not).

if you have an avi you want tell me the deminsions you want and i can resize it. any specific fighter?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    LOL...nope...it's from here:
    http://www.mmahaven.com/

Evan Tanner?? Gonzaga??
    Thanks for linking my blog guys!

Evan Tanner is re-entering the UFC and training with Chute Boxe - Surprising as it may sound!

"Evan Tanner is back in Los Angeles with Coach Roberto Piccinini. He is determined to take back the UFC le from Anderson Silva and will be fighting under the Chute Boxe USA banner."

And Gonzaga is a former member.

This Saturday, Gabriel "Napao" Gonzaga (Chute Boxe) will fight world superstar Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic at UFC 70 which will be held in England. The winner of this fight will take on Randy Couture for the heavyweight belt. This is going to be an exciting bout so don't miss out. The fight will air for free on e TV at 9:00 p.m. ET.

Source

http://www.chuteboxe-usa.com/

Last edited by Evan; 05-23-2007 at 08:40 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Yea, he typo'd 71 instead of 72 on top of the CB list with some odd entries...
    Yeah I typod UFC 71....

I caught that today...

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    leonard...

that will work.

if you want me to resize anything else or want a mma sig or avatar tell me.

Thread Information