Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    Michigan Wolverines
    Post Count
    the beavs got hosed by the rose bowl not wanting pac 10 vs pac 10.

huh? the beavs have 4 losses and didn't even finish in the top 25 in any of the polls. how did they get hosed?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Well considering that Ohio State is a team full of 4&5 star players, and future NFLer, I don't think they will be undermanned. Ohio State is a Triple A to nobody. Year in and Year out they get some of the best prospects this country has to offer. Half of their roster was recruited by SEC schools including LSU. There is no talent difference, the difference is the coaches...which one will have his team the most prepared.

FYI, Ohio State has 2nd the most players in the NFL behind only USC...and they still hold the most 1st round draft picks in the NFL Draft with 66.

All very valid points.

but I am still picking LSU to win.

Well considering that Ohio State is a team full of 4&5 star players, and future NFLer, I don't think they will be undermanned. Ohio State is a Triple A to nobody. Year in and Year out they get some of the best prospects this country has to offer. Half of their roster was recruited by SEC schools including LSU. There is no talent difference, the difference is the coaches...which one will have his team the most prepared.

FYI, Ohio State has 2nd the most players in the NFL behind only USC...and they still hold the most 1st round draft picks in the NFL Draft with 66.
    I don't doubt the recruits statement at all. tOSU is a great program, with a lot of history.
    I recently watched the OSU-Michigan Rivarly do entry on HBO and it was awesome.

I'm just saying, Zook just went in to the Big Ten, with a very average team and turned them into a BCS contender in a year by running a SEC style offense.

LSU has more speed. tOSU has more power.

After a month off, teams tend to be a little slower to react. Therefore I think Speed > Power in a game 50 days from now.

Example....Last year. 41-14

Keep in mind that tOSU is 0-8 vs SEC teams in bowl games.

GTL: Gym, Tan, Laundry Thunder Dan's Avatar
    My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    I don't doubt the recruits statement at all. tOSU is a great program, with a lot of history.
    I recently watched the OSU-Michigan Rivarly do entry on HBO and it was awesome.

I'm just saying, Zook just went in to the Big Ten, with a very average team and turned them into a BCS contender in a year by running a SEC style offense.

LSU has more speed. tOSU has more power.

After a month off, teams tend to be a little slower to react. Therefore I think Speed > Power in a game 50 days from now.

Example....Last year. 41-14

Keep in mind that tOSU is 0-8 vs SEC teams in bowl games.
    I know but your generalizing. LSU doesn't run a spread like Florida. They are a power football team that has speed. For instance their RB is actually a fullback. Georgia doesn't run a spread, or SEC Style offense either. I just don't buy it. The Big Ten was 3-1 against the SEC last year, which if they had such a problem with a 'SEC Style' offense wouldn't it be 0-4?

LSU may very well win the game; but it won't be because of this mythical lack of speed. If you have watched LSU at all this year, you would see they don't run an offense that is even close to Florida's. Heck, just look at Tebow's stats.

I'm not going to argue that LSU won't win, because they easily could. The only thing I take offense with is people thinking tOSU will get blown out. Neither team has played the kind of football to expect a blowout in either team's favor.

Unsigned #1 Draft Pick RonMexico's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    tOSU about to be destroyed, but at least their fans will travel well... and their conference commissioner has single-handedly kept the BCS alive.

My Team
    Oregon State Beavers
    Post Count
    LSU is just lucky they don't have to play USC. USC would pulverize them. USC is just being penalized for losing to Stanford when they had a lot of injuries. I don't get that at all. They still won the Pac-10 which is the best football conference in the country. (Sorry SEC!)

Thunder Dan just devastated PeterBurns. Remind me, which one of you works in sports media again?

Pssst Peter... that's Jacob Hester playing for LSU, not Devin Hester.

Well I guess Trindon Holliday, the fastest man in NCAA football doesn't count as speed. Both teams have great athletes. I get that. But I believe the game is played on a faster speed in the SEC.

Jacob Hester is a man's man. I'd like to see him become a Mike Alstott type guy if he could put on some size.

Honestly, I think the 2006 LSU team was a good deal better than this team. I saw this team in person for the Virginia Tech game. That team was unbeatable. The LSU teams that showed up the other 9 games, was good, not amazing.

But, with Ryan P. at QB....I'm not sure if Ohio State can play with a mobile QB.
    Juice lit them up at home....

But ...who knows. I'm sure Thunder Dan, and I can have a friendly Sig bet.

BTW, LSU opened up as a 5 point favorite

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    Well I guess Trindon Holliday, the fastest man in NCAA football doesn't count as speed. Both teams have great athletes. I get that. But I believe the game is played on a faster speed in the SEC.

Jacob Hester is a man's man. I'd like to see him become a Mike Alstott type guy if he could put on some size.

Honestly, I think the 2006 LSU team was a good deal better than this team. I saw this team in person for the Virginia Tech game. That team was unbeatable. The LSU teams that showed up the other 9 games, was good, not amazing.

But, with Ryan P. at QB....I'm not sure if Ohio State can play with a mobile QB.
    Juice lit them up at home....

But ...who knows. I'm sure Thunder Dan, and I can have a friendly Sig bet.

BTW, LSU opened up as a 5 point favorite
    Brandon Saine runs a similar 40 to Holliday (both around 4.2 seconds), but one guys doesn't matter; case-in-point:Ted Ginn Jr. was faster than every player on Florida's team last year. Saine beat 2 of Ginn's high school track records.

RP is not the same kind of QB as Juice Williams. Perriloux is a BIG guy, and is not as fast a Williams.. he is a couple shades faster than Jamarcus Russell if you are looking to compare similar QB's. There is a difference between mobile QB's and running QB's, RP is a mobile QB. The offense Illinois runs runs through the legs of Juice Williams, the same can't be said for LSU with either of thier QBs. They ARE a Big 10 style team, run by a Big 10 guy in Les Miles. They win games by playing defense first and being opportunistic on offense. These teams are mirror images of eachother. Like I said, LSU wins this game 60% of the time because they are a more veteran team, but this game will not be a blow out by any means. I think it will be close no matter what the outcome is, and anyone that says otherwise is foolish.
    Last edited by Thunder Dan; 12-03-2007 at 07:48 PM.

My Team
    Michigan Wolverines
    Post Count
    I believe Ohio State will be outmatched. I think LSU is really, really good. And, Dorsey and Flynn should be much healthier than they've been last few weeks. But, after last year when I thought Florida would not be able to keep up with the Buckeyes, I won't say it's definitely going to go LSU's way. Even though I'm a Michigan alum and fan, the Buckeyes are generally well prepared and do have great athletes. Not quite sure Ohio State has played against a defense like LSU this year. Boeckman will really be tested. I'd bet on LSU but you just never know.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    ways in which jacob hester is like mike alstott

1. white

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count

1. white
    they were both listed as fullbacks that get the majority of their team's carries, most being inside the tackles. Alstott is much bigger (if I remember correctly).

Post Count
    What a ing joke the BCS has become! The Big-12 gets 3 teams in BCS Bowl games??? WTF??? Right now USC is the best team in the country and they will be playing Illinois??? Arizona State got hosed by being shut out of a BCS Bowl game. The Beavers got hosed by the Sun Bowl after they chose Oregon (whom the Beavs beat!) over OSU. OSU should be in the Holiday Bowl vs Texas if everything worked as it should.
    Go Buckeyes!!

My Team
    Oregon State Beavers
    Post Count
    LSU will win big. tOSU isn't even a top 5 team. Anybody that thinks otherwise is in for a rude awakening.

Post Count
    LSU will win big. tOSU isn't even a top 5 team. Anybody that thinks otherwise is in for a rude awakening.
    LSU couldn't beat 4 loss Arkansas and they couldn't beat 5 loss Kentucky.

Quite a pedigree there. I'm sure the OSU players are paralyzed with fear...

1. white

2. The both play hard nosed football and can put a lick on someone trying to tackle them

LSU couldn't beat 4 loss Arkansas and they couldn't beat 5 loss Kentucky.

Quite a pedigree there. I'm sure the OSU players are paralyzed with fear...

You are right, I guess they shouldn't fear a team that beat the #3 BCS team by 41 points.

Or a team that beat 4 other Final Top 25 Teams.....

Ohio State played one top 25 team this year....And lost.

I'm not saying they are scared. They shouldn't be, It's not their fault, the played who they had on their schedule. I'm just pointing out that they skated through another easy Big 10 schedule this year. And have a very big chance of embarrassing the Big 10 for the second year in a row.

If LSU puts a Florida-like 2006 Ass-Whipping on them, it will pretty much solidify the fact that the Big Ten is a Minor League conference compared to the SEC.

But then again, throw everything out of the window, when you realize that the game is over a month away, which is a really ty way to determine the championship.

Pretty much like finishing the NFC-AFC Championship in Late January and playing the Super Bowl 50 days later in March.....WTF?

Honestly, after this crazy season as an LSU fan...I would love to see a close game. Overtime would pretty much summarize this season for us.

But then again, if it's in OT....We don't fare too well in those..lol.

You can't handle The Truth TheTruth's Avatar
    My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Illinois? In the Rose Bowl?? Man the Big 10 sucks. ILLINOIS!??!?

Che cazzo stai dicendo? DisgruntledLionFan#54,927's Avatar
    Post Count

If LSU puts a Florida-like 2006 Ass-Whipping on them, it will pretty much solidify the fact that the Big Ten is a Minor League conference compared to the SEC.
    Based on what?

I've heard this argument before and it has no basis. B10 won 2 out of 3 games against the powerhouse SEC in 2006. In fact, the minor league B10 is 8-9 versus the SEC since 2000.

B10 teams usually have travel to SEC backyards to play in those games as well.

Simply put, the SEC is overrated.

I haven't posted in a while but my $ is on LSU and I don't let loose of my $ on a whim
    Born in OHIO, raised on the border, stationed in LA before retirement, 2 sons live in Monroe LA

Based on what?

I've heard this argument before and it has no basis. B10 won 2 out of 3 games against the powerhouse SEC in 2006. In fact, the minor league B10 is 8-9 versus the SEC since 2000.

B10 teams usually have travel to SEC backyards to play in those games as well.

Simply put, the SEC is overrated.
    I think top to bottom the SEC is a stronger conference.

If it's another blowout, that would be fodder to consider that a Big Ten record is softer than a SEC record...IMHO

My Team
    Oregon State Beavers
    Post Count
    Everybody is forgetting that the real crime in all of this is that USC is not in the le game. Both the Big 10 and the SEC are minor league compared to the BRUTAL Pac-10!

Everybody is forgetting that the real crime in all of this is that USC is not in the le game. Both the Big 10 and the SEC are minor league compared to the BRUTAL Pac-10!

Stanford

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    "Brutal" as in Stanford at home?! Stanford beat Notre Dame.
    Last edited by Thunder Dan; 12-04-2007 at 12:43 AM.

Thread Information