Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love how he mentions the perception that the "suns are becoming vulnerable". Last I saw they never won a championship so they were always "vulnerable".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's a plan:

Projected Playoffs -

1.Spurs
    2.Lakers
    3.Jazz
    4.Mavs
    5.Hornets
    6.Suns
    7.Warriors
    8.Nuggets

Spurs/Nuggets - Spurs

Mavs/Hornets- Hornets

Spurs/Hornets - Spurs

Lakers/Warriors - Lakers

Jazz/Suns - Jazz

Jazz/Lakers - Jazz

Spurs/Jazz - SPURS (WC Champs)

Spurs/whoever - SPURS (NBA Champs)

hmmm.... i like that plan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This was the guy you Suns fans were bragging about because you finally found a player on your roster that could guard Tony Parker. I never heard anything about him being so overrated until the day you traded him.
    Marion forced to guard TP for Nash is worthless on defense was maybe the best thing that happened to the Spurs.
    Marion is a decent defender at any position... but he should never guard an ultra quick PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marion forced to guard TP for Nash is worthless on defense was maybe the best thing that happened to the Spurs.
    Marion is a decent defender at any position... but he should never guard an ultra quick PG.
    That's precisely my point. Their defenders are SO bad that they have to revert to guarding him with their SF/PF?

Well, now what? Marion has been traded. Who the heck are they going to slow down Parker with? It's already been demonstrated that Bell cannot guard him. Are they just planning to let Tony penetrate whenever he wants? If so, the Suns better rotate quickly on defe-HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, sorry, I couldn't keep that going there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or he realized his team sucked ass, had no players, had no cap room, and had an aging center with a big contract who he didnt want to see go out like that.

I concur.

The frustration of losing constantly with no light at the end of the tunnel obviously caused friction between Riley and Shaq. There have been reports of their relationship deteriorating but I feel it had more to do with the teams current freel fall more than anything personal between the two.

The arrival of Shaq two years ago plus the superlative play of D. Wade and the supporting cast of 15 strong is the reason why the Heat won their first championship. Miami will be grateful for what Shaq was able to bring for many years.

But it was a faustian bargain, and the Heat were paying the price for it this year.

Yet somehow, the moon and the stars and the Phoenix Suns aligned, and the Heat pulled a Houdini.

It's remarkable how things have played out. They bought Shaq's services for 2 and half years, won a championship, then get a one of a kind talent in Marion back while slipping Shaq's albatross contract from their neck.

And even though this was a masterful stroke by Riley he did Shaq right. He sent him to a team where he could be succesful. Where he has one more chance to be the guy that pushes a team to a le.

I'm hearing a lot of chatter about what the were they thinking, this trade will never work etc etc. when what they need to do is appreciate that is going down this year trade wise, sit back and enjoy.

We watch basketball to be entertained. And are you not entertained/elated/excited/intrigued etc?? After all the preseason scandal/off the court issues with players (damn night clubs).. We start the year off with the Celtics scorching start with Garnett/Pierce/Allen making a run at the Bulls record of wins, the Magic's hot start and Dwight Howards nasty manifesting, the Blazers going off despite losing Oden before he even plays one regular season game.. Chris Paul and the Hornets, Lebron, Miami's descent, Detriot's rebirth, the Spur's repeat?

And then an innocent, albeit shrewd trade... the Jazz pick up Kyle Korver.. and the arms race in the West erupts. The Lakers get Pau Gasol for table scraps, the Suns unplug from the Matrix and toss the die with Shaq. Lol.. The Spurs pick up Mighty Mouse. This feels so weird, and maybe a little orchestrated. Like some plot twist thrown at us to set up a suprise ending.. this flurry of high profile players being dealt.. and I still have the nagging su ion Dallas will pull the trigger on a trade before long.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I concur.

The frustration of losing constantly with no light at the end of the tunnel obviously caused friction between Riley and Shaq. There have been reports of their relationship deteriorating but I feel it had more to do with the teams current freel fall more than anything personal between the two.

The arrival of Shaq two years ago plus the superlative play of D. Wade and the supporting cast of 15 strong is the reason why the Heat won their first championship. Miami will be grateful for what Shaq was able to bring for many years.

But it was a faustian bargain, and the Heat were paying the price for it this year.

Yet somehow, the moon and the stars and the Phoenix Suns aligned, and the Heat pulled a Houdini.

It's remarkable how things have played out. They bought Shaq's services for 2 and half years, won a championship, then get a one of a kind talent in Marion back while slipping Shaq's albatross contract from their neck.

And even though this was a masterful stroke by Riley he did Shaq right. He sent him to a team where he could be succesful. Where he has one more chance to be the guy that pushes a team to a le.

I'm hearing a lot of chatter about what the were they thinking, this trade will never work etc etc. when what they need to do is appreciate that is going down this year trade wise, sit back and enjoy.

We watch basketball to be entertained. And are you not entertained/elated/excited/intrigued etc?? After all the preseason scandal/off the court issues with players (damn night clubs).. We start the year off with the Celtics scorching start with Garnett/Pierce/Allen making a run at the Bulls record of wins, the Magic's hot start and Dwight Howards nasty manifesting[?], the Blazers going off despite losing Oden before he even plays one regular season game.. Chris Paul and the Hornets, Lebron, Miami's descent, Detriot's rebirth, the Spur's repeat?

And then an innocent, albeit shrewd trade... the Jazz pick up Kyle Korver.. and the arms race in the West erupts. The Lakers get Pau Gasol for table scraps, the Suns unplug from the Matrix and toss the die with Shaq. Lol.. The Spurs pick up Mighty Mouse. This feels so weird, and maybe a little orchestrated. Like some plot twist thrown at us to set up a suprise ending.. this flurry of high profile players being dealt.. and I still have the nagging su ion Dallas will pull the trigger on a trade before long.
    Jesus, I don't think I've ever read so many cliches in one post in my entire life. *It's like I'm drowning in a sea of cliches!*

Are you, like, trying to be a bard or something?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I did get a little indulgent there. I have a love affair with the english language.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why the did Shaq not play tonight?

they destroyed our will to play td4mvp3's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    maybe they're convinced that parker won't be the same this year, so why not go for it? hobbled parker doesn't cause as many issues so nash can hang with him a bit more? maybe?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    maybe they're convinced that parker won't be the same this year, so why not go for it? hobbled parker doesn't cause as many issues so nash can hang with him a bit more? maybe?

I know that scares the out of me. Spurs really need Parker to be 100%, and penetrating at will. Even if Parker isn't fully healthy, he could still make Nash look silly though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why the did Shaq not play tonight?
    I heard that he got into it with Nash before the game about who's going to be the MVP on the Suns for the rest of the season.

Thread Information