Page 40 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1846
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As pundits continue to shout to the heavens that Obamacare is a political disaster, a new poll is telling a very different story.

According to a Bloomberg News poll released Tuesday, 64 percent of Americans support keeping the Affordable Care Act in place. Of that group, 13 percent would keep the law completely intact, while 52 percent would keep it with “small modifications.” Just 36 percent want to repeal the law.

The results represent the highest level of acceptance of the law that a Bloomberg poll has ever found.

http://www.nationalmemo.com/poll-big-majority-wants-keep-obamacare/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rachel Maddow showed Ike, Tricky , St Ronnie, all doing comedy skits on TV.
    video:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/1...e+Raw+Story%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    more red states, following economic rationality, are set to expand Medicare: http://www.nationaljournal.com/polit...crack-20140321

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    more red states, following economic rationality, are set to expand Medicare: http://www.nationaljournal.com/polit...crack-20140321
    not Medicare, but Medicaid.

Canadian female doc DESTROYS US macho, supercilious, asshole male politician:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYOf6hXGx6M

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that is correct.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    maybe Obama should have called it Nixon-Care: http://www.kaiserhealthnews.org/stor...-proposal.aspx

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    individual mandate was originally proposed by Repugs in the HillaryCare era, by the Heritage stink tank, IIRC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yep. similarities with the Nixon proposal are striking too.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Young insuranceless adults love Obamacare so much they aren't signing up for it!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Young insuranceless adults love Obamacare so much they aren't signing up for it!
    they will as the penalty increases

no rush, the word will get around.

In spite of your lying and red states screwing their poor out of Medicaid and blocking navigators (to the advantage of for-profit insurance agents), Obamacare is doing fine. GFY

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

they will as the penalty increases

no rush, the word will get around.

Wow, that's an awesome selling point, botox.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, that's an awesome selling point, botox.
    penalties are great, the penalties pay for the insured, without having to deliver medical care.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Younger Americans Warm Somewhat To Obamacare, Poll Shows

As the deadline approaches for enrolling in Obamacare health coverage this year, younger Americans have warmed somewhat to the president’s health care law, but Latinos remain closely split over it.

Those findings from a large-scale Pew Research Center survey provide a glimpse at two groups that are major targets of the Obama administration’s push to get people to sign up before the March 31 deadline.

The administration had originally hoped to get about 7 million people to sign up for coverage in the first year but lowered its expectations after the disastrous rollout last fall of the HealthCare.gov website. Enrollments now appear to be on track to end up somewhat more than 6 million.

Opinion about the Affordable Care Act soured among Latinos during the fall and has not recovered, the new Pew poll found. Latinos in the current survey were evenly divided, with 47 percent approving of the law and 47 percent disapproving.

By contrast, Americans younger than 30, who also grew more negative during the fall, now appear to have grown somewhat more accepting of the law. Among Americans ages 18 through 29, 50 percent say they approve of it and 47 percent oppose.

By contrast, among all Americans, disapproval still prevails, with 41 percent favoring the law and 53 percent opposed.

Overall feelings toward the law have not changed in many months, but the public’s sense of what political figures should do about it have shifted. Now that the law has taken effect, a majority of those who dislike it want to see public officials do what they can to make it work.

Fewer than 1 in 5 Americans say they want public officials to try to make the law fail — down from about 1 in 4 in September.

The exception is among Republicans who identify with the tea party. Among that group, 60 percent want elected officials to try to make the law fail. By contrast, among

Republicans who do not identify with the tea party, most say they want politicians to figure out how to make the law work as well as possible. Only about one-quarter want officials to try to make it fail.

Repug/VRWC/ALEX LYING propaganda failed

That sharp divide among Republicans has been a major complication for GOP elected officials for most of the last year. The party remains united so long as debate focuses on Obamacare, which the vast majority of Republicans oppose. But that unity dissolves when discussions move toward what to do about it.

Although the country leans against the Affordable Care Act, more support exists for the general principle that government should guarantee that all Americans have health coverage. On that question, the public divides almost equally, with 50 percent saying no and 47 percent yes, the poll found.

http://www.nationalmemo.com/younger-...re-poll-shows/

As always, among the 53% opposed, it's because they want it improved or replaced with public option, NOT repealed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Americans struggling to afford food are also skipping medications

A new study in The American Journal of Medicine investigates to what extent chronically ill adults who are struggling financially are taking less medication than they are prescribed or no medication at all.

The study acknowledges that there is renewed optimism in the economy at present, but it finds that many Americans are still having trouble meeting basic needs. In a 2012 survey, 1 in 5 reported that they were struggling to pay for basic necessities, while 1 in 6 admitted they had no form of health insurance.

"For the chronically ill," The American Journal of Medicine says in a related news release, "the difference between paying rent or putting food on the table may be the cost of their medication."

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/274347.php

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GOP State Rep Smacks Down Scott Brown for Calling Obamacare a Monstrosity

Former Massachusetts Senator and NH Senate hopeful Scott Brown called Obamacare a “monstrosity” while visiting the home of NH State Representative Herb Richardson. Bashing Obamacare is pretty standard Boilerplate GOP campaign strategy, but poor Scott Brown made his argument in the wrong home. Richardson and his wife had to correct Scott Brown, because under the new health care exchanges made available because of Obamacare the Republican couple is paying a staggering 88 percent less for health insurance costs.

Richardson’s wife exclaimed “thank God for Obamacare” as she and her husband described how Herb had been injured on the job and forced to live off of workman’s compensation. The couple had to pay over half of their income, 1100 dollars a month, out of pocket to maintain their health insurance under the old federal COBRA law. Obamacare enabled them to qualify for a healthcare subsidy which lowered their costs almost a thousand dollars a month to an affordable 136 dollars a month instead. The Richardsons have reason to be grateful for the implementation of the Affordable Care Act.

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/03/...iticus+USA+%29

a repeat, but worth repeating

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obamacare Momentum Spreads as Even a Georgia Republican Argues For Medicaid Expansion

Georgia state Sen. Chuck Hufstetler has broken with his party by admitting the truth. The Republican refusal to expand Medicaid in places like Georgia is hurting their states.

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/03/...iticus+USA+%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With health law, workers ponder the I-Quit option

"It definitely freed up my thinking when I thought, 'Do I want to give this a go?'"

The average annual premium paid by an employee is $999, according to a recent Kaiser Family Foundation survey. In the new markets, the average annual premium is $5,558 for a 50-year-old and $8,435 for a 60-year-old, according to an analysis run for The Associated Press by HealthPocket.
    But some employers are cutting back on their contributions, narrowing the gap.
    At this point, Americans over age 50 are most likely to take advantage of the new freedom, Garthwaite said. They're ready for a career change and may have enough savings to take a risk.
    http://news.yahoo.com/health-law-workers-ponder-quit-option-060047469.html

Freedom!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and, no change, the health care well-sucking will continue, simply because they can and they will

Insurers see double-digit Obamacare price rises in many states next year

U.S. consumers eligible for Obamacare health plans could see double-digit price hikes next year in states that fail to draw large numbers of enrollees for 2014, including some states that have been hostile to the healthcare law, according to insurance industry officials and analysts.

The early estimates come as insurance companies set out to design plans they intend to sell in 2015 through the state-based health insurance marketplaces that are a centerpiece of the Affordable Care Act, President Barack Obama's signature domestic policy achievement that is widely referred to as Obamacare.

WellPoint Inc, which sells plans on 14 Obamacare exchanges, expects health insurance rates nationwide to be higher. Increases for the Obamacare market that has signed up about 5 million people to date is expected to outpace those in the employer-sponsored market, which serves about 170 million people.

"Looking at the rate increases on a year-over-year basis on our exchanges, and it will vary by carrier, but all of them will probably be in double digit plus," Ken Goulet, president of WellPoint's commercial business, told investors in New York on Friday.

The cost of health insurance is already a political hot potato in this year's election campaign for control of Congress, with Republicans warning of the potential for sky-rocketing rates in their attempt to turn the ballot into a referendum on Obamacare.

http://news.yahoo.com/health-law-wor...060047469.html

it's why the health insurers paid Baucus and his health-insurance executive/lobbyist to kill the public option.

99% America is ED in every orifice by multiple ers and is UN ABLE.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kock puppet/Kock sucker news:

Anti-Obamacare Governor Now Encouraging Residents To Enroll Under Health Law

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R), an ardent Affordable Care Act critic, is now encouraging residents to transition into new health plans under the very reform law that he once refused to help implement.

Walker told the Washington Examiner’s Philip A. Klein that he has instructed state agencies to work with individuals who are transitioning into plans offered on Wisconsin’s Obamacare marketplace. That includes both the previously uninsured and poor residents just above the poverty level who are being siphoned out of the state’s Medicaid program, BadgerCare, and into private ACA plans under Walker’s conservative alternative to Obamacare’s optional Medicaid expansion.

Just two years ago, Walker was singing a very different tune. He had refused to create a statewide ACA marketplace — thereby also forgoing significant federal funding for Obamacare outreach efforts — and said he wouldn’t lift a finger to help implement the law until the Supreme Court decided the law’s fate. In fact,

Wisconsin’s spending on ACA outreach is the lowest in the nation at
    just 46 cents per capita.

Walker eventually went even further than that. He said that he wouldn’t do anything about the health law at all until after the 2012 November elections, in the hopes that Mitt Romney would win and repeal the law, making implementation efforts moot.

But now that Obama has been re-elected and the ACA is actually going into effect, Walker is admitting that it could provide a boost for many Wisconsinites. “I don’t want people to fall between the cracks,” said Walker in his Examiner interview. “[U]ntil we can change and come up with something better to replace the law, we still care about our cons uents, we still want people to do well.”

It’s a tacit acknowledgment that Obamacare is actually a good deal for the more than half million uninsured state residents. Some of the poorer Wisconsin localities, such as Racine County, suffer from disproportionate numbers of early deaths and STDs and have higher rates of infant mortality.

“A lot of people think that Republicans like me would want to sabotage the law by making it hard or difficult for people to sign up,” said Walker. “I think that’s somewhat shortsighted by our critics, because what we care about more than anything are the people we represent.”

More than 71,000 Wisconsinites signed up for private plans through the state marketplace between October 1 and March 1, according to the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2014...acare-signups/

this bull , with one week left to sign up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Little-Known "Zero-Deductible" Policies

One reason so many under-insured and uninsured consumers are choosing platinum, gold or silver is that in these tiers some carriers offer "zero-deductible plans."

That's right—the patient may have a co-pay when seeing a doctor, filling a prescription, or going for an MRI, but his insurer covers the rest. There is no deductible to "pay down," even if he is hospitalized.

A recent HealthPocket survey of Exchange coverage in 34 states reveals that

come with a $0 deductible.

HealthPocket, came out with an excellent, updated report showing average deductibles for all four tiers of Exchange insurance.

This survey discloses that:

But Can Most People Afford Silver, Gold or Platinum Premiums?

Yes. The average silver plan premium is only 8% higher than the average cost of a bronze policy.

In 36 states, a 27-year-old will find that the a typical bronze plan costs $163 a month, while silver coverage is available for $203—before tax credits. After applying the credits, the vast majority of 20-somethings will be able to buy bronze for less than $100 a moth.

Keep in mind that so far, 82 percent of those who have signed up the Exchanges are receiving premium tax credits, making silver and gold plans far more affordable for millions

In those same 36 states, the average 40-year-old will pay $262.29 for bronze coverage, $284.02 for silver. At age 50, premiums rise to $295.51 and $319.42– before applying premium tax credits.(Under the ACA, insurers can charge older Americans up to three times as much as they would charge a 20-something for the same policy. Pre-Obamacare they could demand that a 60-year-old pay five times at much.)

http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/2...bout-obamacare

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most People Don't Know The Health Insurance Deadline Looms

The survey, conducted between March 11 and 17th, found that 39 percent of the uninsured between ages 18 and 64 did know that March 31 is the deadline to sign up for individual health insurance this year. Forty-three percent didn't know that date, and 18 percent thought the deadline was later or had already passed.

Possibly even more ominous for those supporting the law, half of those uninsured people surveyed said they are likely to remain uninsured this year, even though that could leave them subject to a fine. Forty percent said they planned to get coverage.

Adding to the confusion, on Tuesday night the Obama administration announced that people will be able to sign up for insurance after March 31, if they say they had problems enrolling by the deadline.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2014...deadline-looms

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Rick Scott Guilty of Murder?

Florida Governor Rick Scott is now officially a killer, and Charlene Dill is one of his victims.

Charlene fell into what's called the "Red State Doughnut Hole," created by Republican lawmakers like Rick Scott.

It says that if you make over $5,400 and less than $11,400, you get no health insurance.

Below the $5,400, Charlene would have qualified for Florida's pretty pathetic Medicaid program.

Over $11,400, she would have qualified for free health insurance under Obamacare because of the subsidies for low-income people.

But because she only earned $11,000, she made too little to qualify for Obamacare, but too much to qualify for Florida Medicaid.

Twenty-three states which are either controlled by a Republican governor or a Republican legislature have refused to expand Medicaid coverage to their citizens under Obamacare.

This is pure politics, an effort to sabotage Obamacare by cutting the working poor out of the program.

These states are literally playing politics with people's lives, and Charlene is one of the people they've now killed.

Around 5 million Americans won't have access to healthcare in 2014, because they fall into the "Red State Donut Hole," just like Charlene.

Since she didn't have insurance, Charlene couldn't afford a regular doctor or regular treatment.

Rick Scott was willing to let her to die so he could score political points against President Obama.

Back in December, Charlene again went to the emergency room, this time because of abscesses in her legs.

Shortly after that trip to the ER, Charlene picked up another job as a vacuum cleaner saleswoman, on top of babysitting and house cleaning, to help provide for her family and to pay for her ER bills, which weren't covered because Rick Scott and the Florida Republicans refused to let the federal government pay for her Medicare.

This past Friday, Charlene was supposed to go see one of her close friends, so their children could play together.

Charlene never made it to her friend's house.

Charlene died during one of her vacuum cleaner sales appointments that day.

The hardworking and loving single mother of three young children was just 32-years-young.

http://truth-out.org/news/item/22696...ilty-of-murder

Electing Repugs has consequences: poor dead people.

Thread Information