Page 41 of 474 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 11850
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

You should probably just stick to the NFL forum and discuss fantasy football, oh wait

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's falling apart on them.

Week in review. It's bribery just wait until you see the transcript, oh well you have to read between the lines and a brief claim it cons uted a campaign finance violation. Then it was just wait until you see the whistle blower report but now that it's clear this person doesn't even qualify as a whistle blower they are moving onto the "cover up" angle. Let's see how long it takes to find out who the leaker is and if the rumors that Schiff was involved in writing the phony whistle blower report are true.
    What bat conservative news bubble have you been spending the last week living in?
    Sauces

Whistleblower contacted Schiff's committee before filing complaint: report
    https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...ling-complaint

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sauces

I don't see anything in that article suggesting Schiff wrote the complaint himself. The article says the whistleblower never even met Schiff.

My "bat " comment was related more to the rest of your post insinuating that the call memo and report were all big nothingburgers that completely fizzled in the news cycle over lack of substance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump melting down at another presser.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FAIL: Rosie O’Donnell Deletes Twitter Poll After 57% Say No To Trump Impeachment

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damm New York Times is saying this even
    NYT: Whistleblower Sought House Intel Advice Before Complaint

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Schiff earlier this week told MSNBC his committee had "not spoken directly with the whistleblower."

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Delicious meltdown

scrumptious unraveling

GOP in hiding

the cult will be forced to watch in horror as they grapple with the slamming of reality against
    their brainwashing

now the reckoning begins

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Sauces

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

urgent
    boom

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Delicious meltdown

scrumptious unraveling

GOP in hiding

the cult will be forced to watch in horror as they grapple with the slamming of reality against
    their brainwashing

now the reckoning begins
    Are you sure the reckoning is really beginning or is this going to be like the other 30 times it was beginning and ended up being a dud?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash admitted his crime, ing VERIFIED the incriminating wb report, and Pompeo, Barr, etc were in on it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'Warning sign' for Biden on Ukraine controversy, as poll shows plurality of voters believes Trump allegations

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Trash admitted his crime, ing VERIFIED the incriminating wb report, and Pompeo, Barr, etc were in on it.
    crime

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump melting down at another presser.
    Dude is off the deep end man.

His former COS used to keep some of the crazy right-wing nutosphere news from him. The new one, does not.

Trump thinks he can handle it himself by inside accounts.

The last weekend talkshow massacre was a symptom of that. No coherent strategy for handling the inquiry. No new bodies to throw at what is, in essence, an information war. Unstaffed, and detached from reality.

He has surrounded himself with sycophants at the expense of talent or ability, as he has always done, and this is the result.

First few polls show slipping of support, increases in disapproval, and increasing support for impeachment. The momentum is for it at the moment.

Barring (HA) something dramatically changing in his approach, that momentum will continue. Give it a few weeks or months and at some point, the wavering herd of sycophants will smell the predator and the grass and bolt. Once that stampede for the exits starts it will happen shockingly quickly. I think Graham probably has some dirt on him, and he will stay to die on the hill for that reason. I expect that dirt to come out at some point.

Trump will continue to talk of coups, treason, and executions, encouraging stochastic violence. I give it better than even odds of bloodshed at that point.

Hard to predict anything, but I would give the odds of impeachment as much better than even. Prediction markets put it at 70% at the moment.

Once Trump is out of office, we will face real possibility of the spectacle of Trump being actively prosecuted for obstruction of justice. President Pence will not have the time to pardon him.

This will continue to haunt the Republican party for years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you sure the reckoning is really beginning or is this going to be like the other 30 times it was beginning and ended up being a dud?
    Still no vote for formal inquiry. I wonder why.

The impeachment proceedings against both Presidents Nixon and Clinton began with a vote by the full House of Representatives directing the judiciary committee “to investigate fully and completely whether sufficient grounds exist for the House of Representatives to exercise its cons utional power to impeach” the president in question. In both cases, the resolution granted several specific powers to the committee for it to use in the course of completing the investigation with which it was charged by the full House. First, the authorizing resolutions outlined procedures for issuing subpoenas. Second, the measures laid out a process for taking staff depositions.

Specifically, the Nixon and Clinton resolutions allowed subpoenas to be issued by the chairman and the ranking minority member “acting jointly.” If either declined to act, the individual proposing the subpoena could issue it alone unless the other requested the issue be referred to the full committee for a vote. (Alternatively, the full committee vote could be the first step in the process.) As described in the 1998 report from the judiciary committee accompanying the authorizing resolution, this approach balances “maximum flexibility and bipartisanship.”
    Can't have the GOP issuing subpoenas can we

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.predic .org/markets/de...his-first-term 70%

https://www.sportsbettingdime.com/po...eachment-odds/ 75%

Both markets are up sharply.

If you think he won't be impeached and/or removed, you should really put your money where your mouth is.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CNN’s Jeffrey Toobin explains why Team Trump’s usual stonewalling tactics won’t work on impeachment

Their standard playbook for blocking House Democrats from investigating the administration are not going to work against an impeachment inquiry.

“You know, one of the broader questions about an impeachment investigation in its entirety is,

will the Trump administration allow anyone from any party of government, from the White House, Justice Department, State Department, to testify?” said Toobin.

“Because as the oversight committees have been going forward, basically they haven’t.

They have stonewalled almost everything.”

the one thing that’s different from the oversight problems versus impeachment is that

the members of the — particularly the Intelligence Committee, have said,

if we get no access, we are not going to court.

We are going to list this obstruction from the committee as part of the impeachment investigation,

that they will basically say,

‘Look, your stonewalling is evidence of why the president should be impeached.'”

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/10/cnns-jeffrey-toobin-explains-why-team-trumps-usual-stonewalling-tactics-wont-work-on-impeachment/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

My guess is the Trash/Barr don't care about the House impeachment,

because they know MoscowMitch will not convict, if he even bothers to conduct a Senate trial.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still no vote for formal inquiry. I wonder why.

Can't have the GOP issuing subpoenas can we
    Brought to you by the party that brought you such hits as "Benghazi" and "Uranium One".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do Americans Support Impeaching President Trump?

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...esident-trump/

Currently up in all categories, Democrats, Independents, and Republicans. with the total supporting exceeding that opposing for the first time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SENATOR KING SUGGESTS AT LEAST 20 MINUTES ARE MISSING FROM TRUMP UKRAINE CALL TRANSCRIPT
    Independent Senator Angus King has claimed that some 20 minutes of the phone call between President Donald Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky are missing from the White House memo detailing the conversation.

King told CNN host Anderson Cooper Tuesday that he and his staff had reconstructed the call using the memo, determining that more than two thirds of the call time was unaccounted for.

The full transcript of the now-infamous call between the two leaders has not been released. Though the do ent makes clear that the read out has been edited, it is not clear exactly how much has been cut, and what those sections may contain.
    https://www.newsweek.com/senator-kin...script-1462622

My guess is simply a lot of Not-my-President Trump "sundown"-ing, but is anyone going to give President Sharpie a free pass on what is missing?

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Thread Information