Page 43 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1624
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was hoping Landale would be better. I like his 3P shooting. For that alone, he has some perhaps minimal role. But if we get actual power forwards, he would be on the outside looking in.
    It’s his first year😳 I’d like to keep him , Wieskamp, Langford, kbd. Trade Doug to a contender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s his first year�� I’d like to keep him , Wieskamp, Langford, kbd. Trade Doug to a contender.
    Landale is straight trash. Like him as a good guy, but he can't finish at the rim or defend it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Langford? Got nothing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Langford? Got nothing
    He's been hobbled by a hamstring and only played 4 games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's been hobbled by a hamstring and only played 4 games.
    Sure

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our LOTTO pick has been eh
    No. He's been a disappointment. At best now, we're hoping for a 3 and D guy that occasionally has the best game on the team. He is shockingly poor at scoring inside and is a turnover machine. He may correct the turnover aspect but he will likely not get easy points inside consistently.

That's a disappointment from my perspective given PATFOs history of doing more with lower, much lower draft picks. We still need our stud to ever be worth a .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know if he's been a disappointment. Well I guess there are probably people who are disappointed by him, but I for one am surprised Pop started a 19 year old project player this much late in the year. It was pretty telling that he barely played in the 2nd half of tonight's game when hit the fan.

There are reasons to be excited about Primo. He played mostly good defense, had good athleticism, and has pretty damn good court vision and overall understanding of the game. But I think anyone who thought that them drafting a mostly unknown 18 year old expected more out of him right now than we got was probably unrealistic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo was OK, I’m not sure if he’ll ever finish at the rim at a good rate but if he can tighten his handles and the 3pt shot he’ll have a long career. He should soak in everything he sees from JRich.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get less worried about him the more I see of him. The NBA is a marginal league. A lot of the things he's trying to do on the court right now just need a bit more refinement. Hopefully there's a normal summer league where we get to see Primo as a featured player. With a couple of months of heavy gym work and against lesser compe ion, I have no doubt he'll look good. I'm not saying he's going to be a steal or anything, but I do think he'll be one of the better individual scorers on the team by the end of next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get less worried about him the more I see of him. The NBA is a marginal league. A lot of the things he's trying to do on the court right now just need a bit more refinement. Hopefully there's a normal summer league where we get to see Primo as a featured player. With a couple of months of heavy gym work and against lesser compe ion, I have no doubt he'll look good. I'm not saying he's going to be a steal or anything, but I do think he'll be one of the better individual scorers on the team by the end of next season.
    I hope so. I'm not sure I see the scoring ability that you do. His shot seemed good at the beginning of the season, but by the end his shooting percentage was pretty bad. That being said, I am pretty happy with him on the defensive end and I do think he could be a good facilitator/passer. Scorer I'm more skeptical.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know if he's been a disappointment. Well I guess there are probably people who are disappointed by him, but I for one am surprised Pop started a 19 year old project player this much late in the year. It was pretty telling that he barely played in the 2nd half of tonight's game when hit the fan.

There are reasons to be excited about Primo. He played mostly good defense, had good athleticism, and has pretty damn good court vision and overall understanding of the game. But I think anyone who thought that them drafting a mostly unknown 18 year old expected more out of him right now than we got was probably unrealistic.
    Good athleticism? pretty damn good court vision? da ?

we are watching different players

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good athleticism? da ?
    Just to be clear, you don't think Primo has good athleticism? I just want to make sure on this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just to be clear, you don't think Primo has good athleticism? I just want to make sure on this.
    Sometimes combine stats mean when translated to actual game play. Not sure what you've seen from him that demonstrates this. have you seen him beat even 1 person on the drive, when the opponent is not in transition defense? Or when they haven't boxed him out? He's 19. That's the kind of thing he should be showing now until he learns the game better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope so. I'm not sure I see the scoring ability that you do. His shot seemed good at the beginning of the season, but by the end his shooting percentage was pretty bad. That being said, I am pretty happy with him on the defensive end and I do think he could be a good facilitator/passer. Scorer I'm more skeptical.
    I don't think he's used to NBA physicality right now, so a lot of the attempts he takes are missing badly. As he continues to refine his mechanics and body to an NBA level, I think a lot of those wild shots will go in. It's like how a player's percentage can take a dip when they change their shooting motion. Walker underwent a similar transition where he couldn't make anything near the rim for years because he hadn't learned to control his body. He got much better at that over the last two seasons. Hopefully Primo learns faster, because I think it's mostly a mental thing with him just having to calibrate his motions to the increased force from contests and smaller windows to get his shots off. It still won't be instant, but I think we'll see marked improvement soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d say Vassell has good not great athleticism, Primo is average from what I’ve seen in terms of the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d say Vassell has good not great athleticism, Primo is average from what I’ve seen in terms of the NBA.
    Thank you. It seems some don't see this on this forum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think he's used to NBA physicality right now, so a lot of the attempts he takes are missing badly. As he continues to refine his mechanics and body to an NBA level, I think a lot of those wild shots will go in. It's like how a player's percentage can take a dip when they change their shooting motion. Walker underwent a similar transition where he couldn't make anything near the rim for years because he hadn't learned to control his body. He got much better at that over the last two seasons. Hopefully Primo learns faster, because I think it's mostly a mental thing with him just having to calibrate his motions to the increased force from contests and smaller windows to get his shots off. It still won't be instant, but I think we'll see marked improvement soon.
    I generally appreciate your takes Chinook, but honestly this is just a bunch of gobbledygook here.

Quit the minutia here. Take the 30,000 ft view. What do you see? Is his athleticism or speed impressive to you? That's ultimately where the meat will be on the bone for this kid.

I see a 3 and D guy that's probably better than LDN eventually but that has the same inside scoring abilities.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd say generally he looks like a below average NBA athlete. I think he shows good instincts at times, even on defense, but too often he gets scored on and his occasional block and steal seem to have vanished. Something is off. I suppose it's possible that Pop has given him some specific instructions like to just focus on defensive rotations or something, but his impact on the game has been fairly invisible for a while. His best plays were earlier in the season as far as I can tell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's the NBA. Everyone gets scored on. And they get scored on a lot. Primo shows bursts of above average athleticism but not consistently. I agree it's more adapting to the speed and physicality of the league.

Every young player on the spurs goes through a horrible shooting slump as they adapt to coach chips adjustments. They all show a better shot down the road. This is a very common thread with spurs shooting. Not sure how people don't grasp development phases. This happens in every sport at every level when you move up to a new coaching staff that actually adjusts you. Changing your shot from what you've done thousands of times naturally takes times and lots of effort. I have no doubt his shot will be much better next year as the game slows down and he thinks less and gets used to the new mechanics.

He did good. Looks like a smart player, with good awareness and feel for the game for his age. Atleast an average athlete who shows signs of being a knock down shooter at times. It's easier for other rookies to stand out when they have legit stars on their teams. Murray is the closest to a star and he's not a No.1 option. Arguably not a No.2 he also does not make his teammates better at a high rate like other PGs such as trey, Paul, lonzo etc.

I love Murray, but if he's the main scorer, defender, and distributor, your team is likely going to struggle against a team that's prepared to play you.

Primo did well with what he had. Which was a team way too green for the playoffs.

I look forward to his development. In hindsight its always easy to say we should have chose the guy who became an all defense or all star caliber their first year. Everyone outside of the top 3 usually wishes they had that hindsight most years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I generally appreciate your takes Chinook, but honestly this is just a bunch of gobbledygook here.

Quit the minutia here. Take the 30,000 ft view. What do you see? Is his athleticism or speed impressive to you? That's ultimately where the meat will be on the bone for this kid.

I see a 3 and D guy that's probably better than LDN eventually but that has the same inside scoring abilities.
    Primo isn't Walker. He wasn't drafted to be Walker. I don't think there was any reason to measure him by his physical tools. That was something the Spurs definitely knew about when they took him, seeing how much they paid attention to the combine. I don't think you should expect him to be this physically dominant player lest his ceiling goes way down. I would say very few of the best one-on-one scorers have the elite burst you seem to consider a prerequisite. It's about positioning and getting to your spot, and I do think he'll be able to do that just fine. Primo is basically a small-forward, not a combo-guard.

Also, Danny Green would be a top-10 pick in the 2009 redraft. That was one of the best drafts of the modern era, and he's still one of the top 10 guys. If Primo is just a better version of prime Green, he'd have a good chance of being the best player in his draft class. An elite three-point shooter and defender who can get his inside the arc and score in the high-teens would be the best player on this team for sure. I think it's much more likely for Primo to develop into an iso-heavy 23ppg scorer than for him to reach that level of two-way prowess.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That strength will come in a year or two. Vassell had the same problem last year getting bumped off his spot a lot. He would look much different when that comes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo isn't Walker. He wasn't drafted to be Walker. I don't think there was any reason to measure him by his physical tools. That was something the Spurs definitely knew about when they took him, seeing how much they paid attention to the combine. I don't think you should expect him to be this physically dominant player lest his ceiling goes way down. I would say very few of the best one-on-one scorers have the elite burst you seem to consider a prerequisite. It's about positioning and getting to your spot, and I do think he'll be able to do that just fine. Primo is basically a small-forward, not a combo-guard.

Also, Danny Green would be a top-10 pick in the 2009 redraft. That was one of the best drafts of the modern era, and he's still one of the top 10 guys. If Primo is just a better version of prime Green, he'd have a good chance of being the best player in his draft class. An elite three-point shooter and defender who can get his inside the arc and score in the high-teens would be the best player on this team for sure. I think it's much more likely for Primo to develop into an iso-heavy 23ppg scorer than for him to reach that level of two-way prowess.
    Well we agree that he is a much more natural fit at the 3 at least. And that might be because he's grown since being drafted but I simply do not understand the quite evident game plan from PATFO to fit him into the ball handler role where not only does he lack the consistent ability to breakdown his defender with the dribble (aka CP3 or Trey Young, or even Luka), nor make the efficient pass when trapped, he also lacks the ability to beat them athletically (aka Kobe, Booker, Dame, TP, etc. etc. etc.)

And we agree that if he turned into a Danny Green clone, that would be a positive. I'm just not sure he ever matches Greens efficiency from his peak.

We disagree that dismissing his physical tools matters. Imo, that's what separates the wheat from the chaff and why he's unlikely to be a perennial All-Star. Unless he figures out how to 'dribble it like Luka'.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s no way the Spurs are letting this guy go. I think J-Rich just earned a permanent gig with the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo for ROY

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cant wait to see "well, hes only 20" next year and then same until he turns 23 and is still .

Thread Information