Page 437 of 491 FirstFirst ... 337387427433434435436437438439440441447487 ... LastLast
Results 10,901 to 10,925 of 12267
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why you all hate kawhi so much? Just stop. The man is the best in the world.
    Why do you pretend to be a Spurs fan? Just admit you are a player fan and cheer for the Clippers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    comparing iggy to kawhi is disingenuous.

also, i’m not a raptors fan now that kawhi isn’t on the team.

with that being said, raps are as relevant as the spurs. as least the raps have siakam.
    The Spurs have a better young crop of players than Toronto. It is Siakam and a bunch of vets past their prime on Toronto. Gonna take a huge leap from Pascal (Nephew - esque) for them to even sniff the 2nd round. They should make the playoffs with how weak the east is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    delusional homers ITT. kawhi has gotten better every year he’s played, last year included
    Wrong. He showed further consistency in being the #1 scoring option (at an elite/HOF level) but by any measure his defense (especially help defense) took a huge, huge hit. His rebound percentage was up, but his steal %, assist %, block %, WS, DBPM & VORP were all down from his last healthy season in San Antonio ('16 - '17).

Some of that can be blamed on (self imposed) rust, pacing himself and needing to exert more energy on offense. Another factor could be he isn't the same athletically with the chronic quad issue and he's lost some explosiveness. He still uses his wingspan, anticipation and smarts to be a plus on - ball defender and has learned to use bully ball (ala Prime LeBron & Carmelo) on offense (which compensates for his loss of hops).

He's also lucky LeBron is aging out of his prime, Durant suffered a career altering injury and Giannis still needs to add a reliable perimeter shot otherwise he wouldn't be in the conversation for "best player in the NBA." Anthony Davis could also take another step forward and quickly surpass Nephew. His grasp on the "best player" mantle is tenuous at best and likely short lived.

This is a great breakdown of Nephew (although I wish it was more in - depth on him): (Nephew's part is from 10:30 - 13:05)
    Last edited by J_Paco; 08-07-2019 at 01:15 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wrong. He showed further consistency in being the #1 scoring option (at an elite/HOF level) but by any measure his defense (especially help defense) took a huge, huge hit. His rebound percentage was up, but his steal %, assist %, block %, WS, DBPM & VORP were all down from his last healthy season in San Antonio ('16 - '17).

Some of that can be blamed on (self imposed) rust, pacing himself and needing to exert more energy on offense. Another factor could be he isn't the same athletically with the chronic quad issue and he's lost some explosiveness. He still uses his wingspan, anticipation and smarts to be a plus on - ball defender and has learned to use bully ball (ala Prime LeBron & Carmelo) on offense (which compensates for his loss of hops).

He's also lucky LeBron is aging out of his prime, Durant suffered a career altering injury and Giannis still needs to add a reliable perimeter shot otherwise he wouldn't be in the conversation for "best player in the NBA." Anthony Davis could also take another step forward and quickly surpass Nephew. His grasp on the "best player" mantle is tenuous at best and likely short lived.

This is a great breakdown of Nephew (although I wish it was more in - depth on him): (Nephew's part is from 10:30 - 13:05)

While nice, that video has a drastic extrapolation (disregarding a lot of ADs season after the trade demand), and didn’t age well due to the injury to KD and the playoff explosion of Kawhi. Westbrook may be on the radar there at some point too, given he will be on a super duo team himself this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

tl;dr bull advanced stats and if my aunt had a she’d be my uncle-level hypotheticals. anthony davis has won one playoff series as a freak of nature big (Dwight Howard went to the finals), is injury prone, and is going to have to carry a terrible lakers team once ledecline is in full effect.

kawhi is the best player in the league now and will be for at least the next three years. he will win at least two more rings in his career and have at least another finals MVP. feel free to screencap/tag/whatever this post for future reference.
    Last edited by Genovaswitness; 08-07-2019 at 09:41 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In 2015 most Spurs fans "best defender? who knows. Bruce deserved it more than him"

In 2019 the same fans. "best player? selected on 1st team of the decade? nah...Lebron KD blah blah blah"

Two years and I still wonder why most Spurs fans got mad after he left.

Granted, no one liked "how" he left but after all...only a few guys really liked his game in San Antonio.

On Spurstalk I can remember only 3-4 fans that really loved his game before the Unclegate.

I have no time now but I should post some vids about his series vs Bucks esp games 3 and 5. I doubt other player in this league can do the things that Kawhi did on both ends in those games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In 2015 most Spurs fans "best defender? who knows. Bruce deserved it more than him"

In 2019 the same fans. "best player? selected on 1st team of the decade? nah...Lebron KD blah blah blah"

Granted, no one liked "how" he left but after all...only a few guys really liked his game in San Antonio.

On Spurstalk I can remember only 3-4 fans that really loved his game before the Unclegate.

I have no time now but I should post some vids about his series vs Bucks esp games 3 and 5. I doubt other player in this league can do the things that Kawhi did on both ends in those games.
    b-but he can’t jump like he did on a wide open putback dunk in the 2014 finals
    Last edited by Genovaswitness; 08-07-2019 at 03:32 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Granted, no one liked "how" he left.
    You answered your own question right there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

while i would argue there were more than a handful of those who thought of leonard as the next franchise player, i would agree that the general assessment of him was the he wasn't a top five player and would likely never be one. there were many who scoffed at his ball handling, his passing and his play in crunch time. but, there was also a pretty decent sized faction in here that thought he had not yet hit his ceiling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

People werent huge fans of him because we had legends on the roster. Kawhi, while great, was and will never be a Parker, Manu or Duncan to SA.

He also had/has the personality of a tomato and was not that likeable of a dude. And that was before his uncle bull .

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    People werent huge fans of him because we had legends on the roster. Kawhi, while great, was and will never be a Parker, Manu or Duncan to SA.

He also had/has the personality of a tomato and was not that likeable of a dude. And that was before his uncle bull .
    such total bull .

spurs fan would've easily put him over tony if he had stayed in sa. and no, nobody complained about his personality. people thought he was td 2.0 in terms of not caring about the press, not caring about being social, and only wanting to put work in. "not that likeable of a dude", gtfo, such revisionist history. we were enamored with him, and rightfully so, until things went south.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    such total bull .

spurs fan would've easily put him over tony if he had stayed in sa. and no, nobody complained about his personality. people thought he was td 2.0 in terms of not caring about the press, not caring about being social, and only wanting to put work in. "not that likeable of a dude", gtfo, such revisionist history. we were enamored with him, and rightfully so, until things went south.
    this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi was my favorite player in the league. I legit thought he was the next TD for us.

I've never been more wrong about a player or a person.

I was over it last year and was rooting for him, I'd rather him win the next 4 les if it means Lakers won't get one. And that's 100% honesty. Dude is super autistic and let his piece of uncle start handling affairs, he wanted to go home. It is what it is.

On the flipside, I don't think Spurs are quite as irrelevant and some of the crybaby posters say around here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    such total bull .

But while both showed quiet demeanor, they stem from totally different behavior. Timmy genuinely despises the attention and let his actions speak for his work. He sacrificed fame and fortune to elevate the team. Kawhi is just the opposite. He is plain anti-social who cannot express himself emotionally without his uncle scripting his every word, while displaying his true a-hole side along the way, driven by money, despite their denials. He was banking on the big market to make-up for the lost salary and sales from Nike’s logo. A complete passive aggressive jackass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timmy's a real one. No one can say the same about Kawhitter. Not even his former teammates, Kyle and Serge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While nice, that video has a drastic extrapolation (disregarding a lot of ADs season after the trade demand), and didn’t age well due to the injury to KD and the playoff explosion of Kawhi. Westbrook may be on the radar there at some point too, given he will be on a super duo team himself this year.
    I meant as a breakdown of Kawhi last season and that he had his "best year ever" nothing more. Clearly, he proved (like the video stated) he's all - time great ISO scorer and on - ball defender but his game slipped in a lot of key areas (including help defense).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tl;dr bull advanced stats and if my aunt had a she’d be my uncle-level hypotheticals. anthony davis has won one playoff series as a freak of nature big (Dwight Howard went to the finals), is injury prone, and is going to have to carry a terrible lakers team once ledecline is in full effect.

kawhi is the best player in the league now and will be for at least the next three years. he will win at least two more rings in his career and have at least another finals MVP. feel free to screencap/tag/whatever this post for future reference.
    You are beyond delusion, man. Giannis is 3 or 4 years younger, less injury prone and only needs to improve his shooting range to be the unquestioned best player in the league. Nephew and George aren't guaranteed good health and the Bucks & 76ers have a much, much easier route to the Finals.

Nephew is enjoying his moment on top, but that could easily end as soon as this season. But, no I'll let you continue to ride the traitor......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are beyond delusion, man. Giannis is 3 or 4 years younger, less injury prone and only needs to improve his shooting range to be the unquestioned best player in the league. Nephew and George aren't guaranteed good health and the Bucks & 76ers have a much, much easier route to the Finals.

Nephew is enjoying his moment on top, but that could easily end as soon as this season. But, no I'll let you continue to ride the traitor......
    “All Giannis has to do is change a massive part of his game at age 25” Yeah ok lol. Have fun in hypothetical land

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t feed the apo trolls

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t feed the apo trolls
    Its been confirmed by mods that I have two total account. One account has like 30 posts or something and that was when I forgot my password on my email.

Apo doesnt troll.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its been confirmed by mods that I have two total account. One account has like 30 posts or something and that was when I forgot my password on my email.

Apo doesnt troll.
    R demure
    Genovaswitness

(Likely) Other people that basically post the same drivel
    Kawhitstorm
    Ygwhi

Others fee free to add more to blacklist

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    R demure
    Genovaswitness

(Likely) Other people that basically post the same drivel
    Kawhitstorm
    Ygwhi

Others fee free to add more to blacklist
    YNGWHI is Jabari Young.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “All Giannis has to do is change a massive part of his game at age 25” Yeah ok lol. Have fun in hypothetical land
    Jason Kidd, 3G% ages 26-30: .337 .297 .321 .341 .321

Jason Kidd, 3G% ages 34-36 .461 .406 .425

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    YNGWHI is Jabari Young.
    Right.

Apo also had another alt while his main was pinked, forgot what that one was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How much you willing to bet on troll accounts?

300 dollars for each account you claim i owe. Payout is 500 dollars.

The 100 dollars goes to website managment.

Maybe timvp can allow it.

Thread Information