Page 44 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1522
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 290x is roughly the equivalent card and likely will have better future proofing as it ages.
    And now the Wall Street Journal just published an article hinting at 390x performance for $199. That's pretty amazing. Buy two of them for the cost of a 1070 to get the performance of a 1080.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/amd-pric...ket-1464725394

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have to say AMD looks officially ed

The compe ion between AMD and nVidia was a good thing thouogh. Without AMD or at least a major compe or, GTX1000 series probably wouldn't be what it is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The compe ion between AMD and nVidia was a good thing thouogh. Without AMD or at least a major compe or, GTX1000 series probably wouldn't be what it is.
    The GTX 1000 series is priced the way it is precisely because AMD is effectively dead right now, with only 20% of marketshare. I hope this $199 Polaris 10 really hurts Nvidia badly. This class of Nvidia gpu that the GTX 1080 is from (fully enabled midrange die) at $600-$700 was $250 just five years ago when it was in the GTX 560 Ti.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm preased to wercome everyone here to our press conference

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just watch it, is that 480x2? for under 500 => 1080gtx performance and price... talk about taking a on compe or

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They just finished the Polaris presentation and the only bench they showed was two 8 GB RX 480 in Crossfire edging out the GTX 1080 in Ashes of the Singularity DX12. This is the absolute strongest game for AMD vs Nvidia, and the fact they're only showing benches for that game makes it seem like they don't have a lot to show off with this card sadly. Now they have brought another speaker on who is talking about their cpus, so I guess the gpu presentation is over?

SMH at AMD

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont think hardcore games really care about energy or power efficiency when they can afford a that price point for the card and energy bills

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They just finished the Polaris presentation and the only bench they showed was two 8 GB RX 480 in Crossfire edging out the GTX 1080 in Ashes of the Singularity DX12. This is the absolute strongest game for AMD vs Nvidia, and the fact they're only showing benches for that game makes it seem like they don't have a lot to show off with this card sadly. Now they have brought another speaker on who is talking about their cpus, so I guess the gpu presentation is over?

SMH at AMD
    480 in crossfire>1080 price and performance? .... very tempting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    480 in crossfire>1080 price and performance? .... very tempting
    I guess if you only play that one piece of game Ashes. This presentation was horrible and makes it look like this gpu is going to suck. Not even Raja looked like he gave a about the card. I think it's $200 because it's probably a hugely disappointing card. It can't be any good if they're not going to show off what it does in any other game besides Ashes, which is Nvidia's absolute worst game.

Sorry Cry Havoc, gotta post that pic of DJR210 dancing on AMD's grave.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess if you only play that one piece of game Ashes. This presentation was horrible and makes it look like this gpu is going to suck. Not even Raja looked like he gave a about the card. I think it's $200 because it's probably a hugely disappointing card. It can't be any good if they're not going to show off what it does in any other game besides Ashes, which is Nvidia's absolute worst game.

Sorry Cry Havoc, gotta post that pic of DJR210 dancing on AMD's grave.

targeting where the main money is, not the high end gamer 1%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    targeting where the main money is, not the high end gamer 1%
    Yeah who needs to make high end products with big margins?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://wccftech.com/radeon-rx-480-msrp-199/

im sold on a crossfire 480 => 1080gtx card performance and price would be dirt cheaper then a 1080 ...

then why couldnt they build a 480x2 on one card?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, this presentation killed all the interest I had in AMD's GPUs. If what they had with Polaris 10 was any good they would have shown it off. I think I'm upgrading to the 1070 if this Christmas season of games starts raping my 970, or I'll wait for Volta if not. The disappointing OC results mean I'm not springing $650 for a 1080 with a strong PCB.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here is the full presentation. This is cringeworthy when they talk about Polaris. They're not proud of this card at all.

Presentation starts around the 17 minute mark. This is epic fail territory for a gpu reveal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    150 tdp, someone is going to be expose once real world figures testing of power consumption of the card comes out...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    have u guys notice a gsync monitors>freesync in terms of price? why the premium $?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    have u guys notice a gsync monitors>freesync in terms of price? why the premium $?
    Because gsync is proprietary NVidia technology. Companies have to work with them to develop it. Freesync is open source and available to all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because gsync is proprietary NVidia technology. Companies have to work with them to develop it. Freesync is open source and available to all.
    GSync also requires monitors to support 144 Hz.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RandomGuy, it appears that EVGA will launch their GTX 1070 SC on June 10 along with the Founders Edition cards, so check the EVGA store.

http://www.evga.com/Products/Product...08G-P4-6170-KR

Right now they're only showing the Founders Edition, which definitely isn't the card you want since it has the worst cooler and the highest price of all of them at $450. The SC card will look like this:

I would guess this card will be somewhere around $420 plus or minus $10. Usually I'd suggest getting a card with better power delivery than the SC has, but all the cards seem to overclock to 2.0 GHz to 2.1 GHz regardless of the power design. For example this MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 only gets to 2GHz even though it has an extremely strong 10 phase VRM according to a review from guru3d.com (I just read the review 15 minutes ago and they pulled it for some reason, so I can't link it).

I know it's pretty expensive but it gives the performance of their $650 and $1000 cards (GTX 980 Ti and GTX an X) while using a lot less power and also being A LOT better if you ever plan to add a VR headset later on. One big plus of EVGA cards is the company is known for having awesome customer support if anything goes wrong. I have two of their cards and have never had to send one in, but if something does go wrong they offer cross shipping: eg, they'll send you the replacement card at the same time you mail them the faulty one, so you're not without a gpu for a week or two if something goes wrong.

The SC cards command a price premium because of an overclock out the box (eg, you don't have to touch anything to get it), and are often slightly better binned chips. I imagine they'll also have a standard ACX 3.0 card which will look exactly the same but have maybe a 100 MHz or so slower clock for $380-$400.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 06-08-2016 at 07:32 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The MSI Gaming cards are usually very good as well. They made one of the absolute best 970s last generation. No idea on the price or launch date though.

https://www.msi.com/Graphics-card/GE...#hero-overview

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://wccftech.com/radeon-rx-480-msrp-199/

im sold on a crossfire 480 => 1080gtx card performance and price would be dirt cheaper then a 1080 ...

then why couldnt they build a 480x2 on one card?
    Because this is the first model. And they're going to sell a LOT more GPUs at $199 than they will 2 of them at $399. After all, if you want 2 of them, you can just buy 2 of them. If you only want one, a 480x2 isn't going to be your solution.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves. We don't know if the 480x2 will really be better than the 1080 until we see the benchmarks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

SMH at AMD
    Must have missed this comment.

Even if the 480x2 isn't stronger than the 1080... does it need to be at $199? For $400 you're getting a setup that might go h2h with the 1080 and will almost certainly be stronger than the 1070 which is going to start at $450.

That's a huge win for AMD. I guess they could have presented it better, but does it matter if the specs that are being shown prove true? They have a monster on their hands right now.

If the 480x2 is within even 10% of the $600 1080, it's going to be by far the best deal on the market. Near elite echelon GPU performance for $400. That's insane.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What games are actually worth playing these days that need this kind of gtx1080 power?

Thread Information