Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1247
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    the next step is to get rid of rankings, or at least wait until 6-7 games have been played before ranking teams. that way when you have the inevitable top 10 preseason ranking for a team like Aggie who ends up being 6-6, a team doesn't get some big undeserved jump in the rankings for beating said crappy team early in the season.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    or we can just expand the playoffs. which is exactly what is happening.
    And also make more specific criteria to get in or else there will still be controversy. There's never controversy in any other sport over who's in the playoffs.

....lol except for college basketball but there's 64 teams so not much complaining and conference champs get auto in

Post Count
    And also make more specific criteria to get in or else there will still be controversy. There's never controversy in any other sport over who's in the playoffs.

....lol except for college basketball but there's 64 teams so not much complaining and conference champs get auto in
    You can make specific criteria and there will still be controversy one way or another.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

tbh allowing over 120 teams to be a part of this level of compe ion (when it's clear only about 30 of them are actually quality teams) is another issue. get rid of the abundance of cupcake compe ion. having undefeated or one-loss teams shouldn't happen as easily and frequently as it does. that will make W-L records much easier to accept at face value.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    You can make specific criteria and there will still be controversy one way or another.
    What other sport has controversy about who's in?

So YOU now interject common opponent and how much a team beats them by? While griping about the committee which I agree did the wrong thing.
    Thats every bit as bad as the committee. One team might have a common opponent they slaughter but put in the 3rd team so the score does not get horribly disfigured.
    Figures for you. Go away.
    And if you seriously think FSUs third team QB is the same caliber as a 3rd string NFL qb... stop. Journey men NFL ers can be great for a game. Problem is teams eventually figure them out after multiple games. But they are still critical to get you by a game or two in the NFL. Maybe more if they can run a very different offense.
    lmao,,,what a moron,,,you longhorns fans are saying since we beat Bama and Bama beat Georgia then by proxy we are better than Georgia,,,,hahahaha. Go away, simpleton. Georgia would be favored against Texas and Alabama on a neutral field right now even after bama beat them,,,,

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    lmao,,,what a moron,,,you longhorns fans are saying since we beat Bama and Bama beat Georgia then by proxy we are better than Georgia,,,,hahahaha. Go away, simpleton. Georgia would be favored against Texas and Alabama on a neutral field right now even after bama beat them,,,,
    So what do you say?
    Alabama is better than UT without beating them?
    AFTER they got lucky to beat Auburn?

You Damn Trumpsters just can’t handle what reasonable is.

Texas beat Alabama at night in Bama up by 10 pts and rammed the ball down their throat for the last 7 minutes of the game ball in hand.
    They could have scored again FG maybe TD. This is what actually happened. Both teams have improved. But UT MUST be worse than Bama because YOU say so?

gf yourself old deep southern inbred. Those liberal UT guys? Fkn idiot…

The committee values head to head compe ion. So just forget that Bama beat Georgia and put Georgia as better. Make it easy for yourself by throwing out what has already been established because it did not go your way. Pure Trump. Bama did not really beat Georgia. Get a group together to storm the Committee offices. The team that got screwed was FSU. Going by the committee rules. Undefeated power 5 conf winners get the nod. Decide amongst them first. Under that scenario UT STILL gets in. Unless you want to completely crack up all guidelines. Just put in ole Piss old boi.
    Last edited by pgardn; 12-11-2023 at 11:39 AM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Just make sure UT never plays SEC teams again, ever.

Oh snap?…. wtf has happened….

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    "Just expand"

Enjoy 2-loss "champions"

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    "Just expand"

Enjoy 2-loss "champions"
    fsu playing the woe is me victims.......fsu with 1 loss got into the national championship in 93 over 2 undefeated power 5 teams.........hypocrites..........ur ad voted to postpone the 12 team playoff until 2024 because he was whiny that texas/ou left for the sec..........fsu deserves the karma..........

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    "Just expand"

Enjoy 2-loss "champions"
    Not a fan of this possibility either.

Post Count
    "Just expand"

Enjoy 2-loss "champions"
    Good point. I'm not a fan of that either.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    "Just expand"

Enjoy 2-loss "champions"
    kinda like 7 loss champs in the NFL

but who has a problem with that?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

I think it totally sux.
    For college football.
    Its one of the differences imo that makes college football interesting Imo.
    College football is patently unfair. No draft and the richest schools with the largest fanbases and a bit of history are at a huge advantage.
    So imo you gotta be close to perfect in play. That only seems fair. Unless you make a super conference maybe WITH a hs draft. Then you become even more semi NFL. Also Hold the schools to max NIL money and max roster expenditures.

And getting into the actual school part of college football is also a mess.

I guess if you want to become basically pre NFL in all aspects you can. Lower the roster numbers, cut players, move the hash marks…

Note: NFL is a bore for me personally. Still satisfies a huge betting public though. So I’m very biased in this discussion. And part of my interest in college football now is just the fact it is changing so rapidly. That could wane.
    Last edited by pgardn; 12-13-2023 at 03:20 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    OU has now lost its ENTIRE starting offensive line to the NFL draft and portal. (This includes a true freshman starting OG)
    damn… That’s not ideal entering the SEC with a valuable RS freshman QB.
    (Dillion Gabriel is off to Oregon)

Im not complaining.

edit: I completely forgot OU has a bowl game. Good luck. Get the backup QB ready.

Post Count
    Texas backup QB Maalik Murphy to enter transfer portal

Huge respect for him and wish him the best.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Texas backup QB Maalik Murphy to enter transfer portal

Huge respect for him and wish him the best.
    Was not impressed but small sample.
    Later

My Team
    LSU Tigers
    Post Count
    OU has now lost its ENTIRE starting offensive line to the NFL draft and portal. (This includes a true freshman starting OG)
    damn… That’s not ideal entering the SEC with a valuable RS freshman QB.
    (Dillion Gabriel is off to Oregon)

Im not complaining.

edit: I completely forgot OU has a bowl game. Good luck. Get the backup QB ready.
    Saturday, Nov 23: OU vs. Alabama
    Saturday, Nov 30: OU at LSU

We’ll see what they’re made of.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Saturday, Nov 23: OU vs. Alabama
    Saturday, Nov 30: OU at LSU

We’ll see what they’re made of.
    We also will see what the LSU defense is made of next season.
    It was absolutely abysmal this season. Horrifyingly bad.
    A waste for such a dynamic offense.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Was not impressed but small sample.
    Later
    Sark is not easy on QBs. He expects a of a lot. The playbook grew this year with such potent WRs and TE. And also specialized RBs that can catch and run. (Kielan Robinson & Jayldon Blue) Also Sark did a complete overhaul of Malik’s throwing motion. The QB experts think Malik reverted back to his older long throwing motion specifically while under pressure during games. I hope he does well because Malik spent a lot of time learning and UT spent a lot of time teaching. Malik needs the right landing spot. I hope Sark helped with that.

Arch Manning is a much much better athlete than Ewers or Murphy. With a super quick motion. Arch is, imo, a much better backup. It would really be weird if Quinn got injured yet again and Manning knocked it out of the park in multiple big games. Sark might feel duty bound to get Quinn into the high rounds of the draft and play him upon recovering. QB is a very sensitive position because it’s so important in the NFL. You better have a good backup in the NFL. So much $ for that position now. Ability and brains required.
    Last edited by pgardn; 12-14-2023 at 10:58 AM.

Post Count

I kind of had a problem with it.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    As a reminder, Texas women’s volleyball plays for the national championship against Nebraska after disposing of the Wisconsin Badgers.

https://x.com/TexasVolleyball/status...664491882?s=20

^ turn the sound up.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    As a reminder, Texas women’s volleyball plays for the national championship against Nebraska after disposing of the Wisconsin Badgers.

https://x.com/TexasVolleyball/status...664491882?s=20

^ turn the sound up.
    turrible turnout for texas fans for a team that is playing for repeat championship.......nebraska fans outnumber texas fans 20 to 1........

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Texas stomped em
    Natty champs in Vball

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    turrible turnout for texas fans for a team that is playing for repeat championship.......nebraska fans outnumber texas fans 20 to 1........
    Nebraska only lost 1 game all year ranked top among the 1 seeds.
    They Bought the tickets early as the #1 ranked team cruising to the semifinals AT HOME.
    Texas went in as a mid 2 seed and even lost a set to the Aggies first round.
    Lost 2 sets to Tenn.
    Not considered a semifinal team, especially having to beat Stanford AT Stanford to even get into the semifinals .

Play Blair had UT in the finals of course; PB knows him some volleyball and anus licking. Bought all his tickets early to sell to Nebraska fans at an elevated price. Not…

They got hot and crushed the best 3 teams in the nation one after the other. Nebraska did not get close in ANY SET
    3-0. They beat Nebraska worse than any other team they played in the tournament! PB so jealous of dem woohman sports…
    Last edited by pgardn; 12-17-2023 at 10:18 PM.

Thread Information