Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1898
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If LeVert is the centerpiece of an indy trade then I'd imagine Morey will have another discussion with us before they do that deal. . The price might get low enough to pull the trigger..

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how many people after last night would rather have Simmons then Primo? I am asking more the people that really want Simmons. Someone had mentioned earlier that before long he could be traded and Philly had interest in him.

I know this could not be doen straight up do to Salary but I wonder how people have switched after a day.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how many people after last night would rather have Simmons then Primo? I am asking more the people that really want Simmons. Someone had mentioned earlier that before long he could be traded and Philly had interest in him.

I know this could not be doen straight up do to Salary but I wonder how people have switched after a day.
    F that.

I’ve consistently maintained that a Simmons trade is no more than a package built around Murray or White + Lonnie + Thad or other Filler + protected pick. Not interested in moving on from the “next 3” of Keldon, Vassel, or Primo any time soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    F that.

I’ve consistently maintained that a Simmons trade is no more than a package built around Murray or White + Lonnie + Thad or other Filler + protected pick. Not interested in moving on from the “next 3” of Keldon, Vassel, or Primo any time soon.
    Exactly. Especially primo and vassel compliment simmons.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, I typed up a long reply and it got eaten. I'll just sum up.

1. I don't think having Simmons would make it more likely to land that #1 guy, Simmons would just enhance the impact of that #1 guy imo.
    2. Durant chose to join Irving, so a FA teaming up with a known toxic locker room guy isn't unprecedented.
    3. What Ben is doing to the Sixers is pretty bad, but it's why he's available to begin with. I don't think it's quite as bad as what Number Two did but that's not saying much. He also hasn't missed any games yet, so until he does I'm viewing this as an NFL-style holdout. It's still bull behavior on his part because his contract is guaranteed.
    4. I don't think Simmons would be subject to nearly the media criticism in San Antonio. It's possible that a personality like his is just a bad fit for a toxic sports media market like Philly. (Admittedly I don't have a lot of first-hand experience reading/listening to Philly sports media, only second-hand accounts, so my mind could change here)
    5. You're right that Simmons is hard to build around on offense as a non-shooting PG. Ironically, someone like Forbes (though ideally one that can play at least a little D) is ideal next to him. You'd also need a shooting 5.

I appreciate the discussion: we have differing opinions of course, but we might not be all that far apart. You think getting Simmons wouldn't be worth any cost, while I think the Spurs probably can't make their offer high enough to trump other teams' offers and low enough to make the risk worthwhile. I think my line right now is Murray/Young/Aminu/one lottery protected 1st.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'd like Simmons in certain scenarios but, in none of those would I include Primo at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If contracts weren't an issue I'd take Simmons over Primo 100 out of 100 times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Ben Simmons rumors are marching on as Simmons continues to sit out and the 76ers continue to look for a trade.
    As we wrote last week, the Cavaliers, Timberwolves, Pistons, Spurs, Raptors and Pacers are still exploring a Simmons trade.
    But potential trade partners are seemingly holding their ground while the 76ers are seemingly seeking the stars, the sun and the moon in return.
    With all that in mind, sources have repeatedly told Hoops Wire that a trade of Simmons is likely to involve multiple teams — as opposed to a straight-up deal.
    https://hoopswire.com/latest-on-ben-...erwolves-cavs/

near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But a really good player is available. I would say it'll be hard to find 30 better players though.
    A really good player doesn't make things harder for his teammates by making them play 4 on 5. The NBA for the last 2 decades (and probably before that I just don't have reference) a point guard has to have some ability to shoot and score. Simmons doesn't need a team to actively guard him to stop him from scoring which makes things way worse for the rest of the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A really good player doesn't make things harder for his teammates by making them play 4 on 5. The NBA for the last 2 decades (and probably before that I just don't have reference) a point guard has to have some ability to shoot and score. Simmons doesn't need a team to actively guard him to stop him from scoring which makes things way worse for the rest of the team.
    He and Embiid are a terrible fit, like LMA/DeRozan bad. He also doesn’t leave his team 4/5 on offense. He has a shaky jumper, everyone knows this. He still manages to get 54% of hisFGs from 0-3 feet, and finish them at 71% FGM. They know he’s going to drive, he does it anyway, and finishes at the rim at about the same % as Embiid. He needs the ball in his hands, and space, and he can’t get those things in Philly.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m glad the sixers are playing hardball. The Spurs should have done the same thing rather than hand Toronto a championship in exchange for their trash.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m glad the sixers are playing hardball. The Spurs should have done the same thing rather than hand Toronto a championship in exchange for their trash.
    Nephew wasn’t doing an open holdout, he was faking debilitating injury, and that’s much harder to take the hardline on. He did and does have a chronic injury.

Sixers won’t win. They won’t get what they want, and they won’t get him back, so this is really all sound and fury, signifying nothing. This isn’t happening in a vacuum. It’s going to be a HUGE team distraction for as long as it goes on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A really good player doesn't make things harder for his teammates by making them play 4 on 5. .
    There's 4 years of data that disagrees with you here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People who don’t want Ben making up to justify their position.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd put a package of White/Murray, Luka, Thad, and two firsts on the table. I'm sure you can extract more with more teams. But to me that would be final offer.

The Chicago first would definitely be a late first and ours I think, and with Ben and what we can do with our kids, should be end of the lottery or mid first. That wouldn't be bad at all imo. We have enough kids on the roster tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the best the spurs offer is White, Thad, maybe Lonnie and one 1st

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Passing guard for Flat Earth straight up?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He and Embiid are a terrible fit, like LMA/DeRozan bad. He also doesn’t leave his team 4/5 on offense. He has a shaky jumper, everyone knows this. He still manages to get 54% of hisFGs from 0-3 feet, and finish them at 71% FGM. They know he’s going to drive, he does it anyway, and finishes at the rim at about the same % as Embiid. He needs the ball in his hands, and space, and he can’t get those things in Philly.
    who would he be a good fit? That is the problem he does not fit with anyone. He is not good enough to lead a team but gets top money to do it. dont tell me what type of player he would work well with give me some examples.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Passing guard for Flat Earth straight up?
    Flat Earth said he'd retire if Brooklyn traded him so he has no value on the market. He's stupid enough to follow through with his threat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who would he be a good fit? That is the problem he does not fit with anyone. He is not good enough to lead a team but gets top money to do it. dont tell me what type of player he would work well with give me some examples.
    I wouldn’t even go any far, but Simmons would be a better PG than Murray. The guy is a 14/7/7 3 times All-Star and a perennial All-Defensive Team. Don’t make your hate for Simmons discredit his accomplishments. Yes, he wants out but from the team who pretty much threw him under the bus, admittedly ddeservingly so, he was a big reason for losing the EC Semi-Finals. But which other All-Star didn’t ask to leave? With the exception of Giannis? San Anton is not really a haven for FA’s, much less UFA’s. Nobody is perfect or he wouldn’t be in the trade discussion. And after watching two Pre-Season games, this team desperately need a Star caliber guy who can will himself to the rim, 71% PGM inside the paint! Spurs have a very good supporting cast imo. And I think they’re just missing a Simmons to build around. He’s only 25, locked in at 4 years contract. With all his skills, if Chip could fix his 3pt to high 30’s and FT to mid-70’s, we might just have nailed an MVP. Not bad on a bargain price of Murray, Walker, Tgad and maybe Bulls’ 1st pick.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn’t even go any far, but Simmons would be a better PG than Murray. The guy is a 14/7/7 3 times All-Star and a perennial All-Defensive Team. Don’t make your hate for Simmons discredit his accomplishments. Yes, he wants out but from the team who pretty much threw him under the bus, admittedly ddeservingly so, he was a big reason for losing the EC Semi-Finals. But which other All-Star didn’t ask to leave? With the exception of Giannis? San Anton is not really a haven for FA’s, much less UFA’s. Nobody is perfect or he wouldn’t be in the trade discussion. And after watching two Pre-Season games, this team desperately need a Star caliber guy who can will himself to the rim, 71% PGM inside the paint! Spurs have a very good supporting cast imo. And I think they’re just missing a Simmons to build around. He’s only 25, locked in at 4 years contract. With all his skills, if Chip could fix his 3pt to high 30’s and FT to mid-70’s, we might just have nailed an MVP. Not bad on a bargain price of Murray, Walker, Tgad and maybe Bulls’ 1st pick.
    You missed the whole point of the question which was who would he be a good fit with?

To your other point I dont think he would be better then DJM. DJM counting stats are close sometimes better then Ben and His % other then FG% (because Ben shoots nothing but close shots). Ben is also vastly overated. Once he goes to a bad team people will see that he is not as good as people want to think he is. You also are talking about large improvements for a player that has shown continuously he is not that type of player. Also the cost of him is not just the players given up but also his max salary. he cost a lot for what he brings. You talk about not letting my hate for simmons discredit his accomplishments but yet people constantly do it to Murray.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shooters. Lots of shooters. Secondary ball handlers, too.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shooters. Lots of shooters. Secondary ball handlers, too.
    76ers starters 3pt percentage last season:
    Harris 39.4% on 3.4 attempts per game
    Embiid 37.7% on 3.0 attempts per game
    Seth Curry 45.0% on 4.9 attempts per game
    Green 40.5% on 6.3 attempts per game

Are we better?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons would be a better PG than Murray.
    im flabbergasted that this has to be said lmao

Thread Information