Page 46 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1898
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shooters. Lots of shooters. Secondary ball handlers, too.
    yeah. basically look at how the bucks built around giannis

obviously giannis is a different level but they have similar strengths and weaknesses

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    76ers starters 3pt percentage last season:
    Harris 39.4% on 3.4 attempts per game
    Embiid 37.7% on 3.0 attempts per game
    Seth Curry 45.0% on 4.9 attempts per game
    Green 40.5% on 6.3 attempts per game

Are we better?
    This is exactly why I’m not interested in Simmons. Almost our entire roster would need to be traded. If you’re not shooting above 38% for threes, you’re gone.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    76ers starters 3pt percentage last season:
    Harris 39.4% on 3.4 attempts per game
    Embiid 37.7% on 3.0 attempts per game
    Seth Curry 45.0% on 4.9 attempts per game
    Green 40.5% on 6.3 attempts per game

Are we better?
    Not only are we NOT better you can hardly find any other team better.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah. basically look at how the bucks built around giannis

obviously giannis is a different level but they have similar strengths and weaknesses
    only giannis a champ and ben had the worst playoff line for a player of his caliber, like............., ever.

he ain't got heart man. i mean after that flame out he may have it now but as it stands... hit the fan for him and is still hitting the fan months later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giannis is what Ben would be without a dominating post player with a 35% usage rate.

Ben is 6th on the team, for players who played 50 games, in USG, and 3rd in WS. He’s badly underutilized, because he’s a bad fit with Embiid. They both need the same things: shooters, and the ball in the paint. Trouble is, there’s only one ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    only giannis a champ and ben had the worst playoff line for a player of his caliber, like............., ever.

he ain't got heart man. i mean after that flame out he may have it now but as it stands... hit the fan for him and is still hitting the fan months later.
    i literally said giannis is on a different level

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His passes have been most effective when he is playing in a full-court offense. Simmons averaged 2.7 assists per game in transition this past season, per Synergy, the second-best among all players in the NBA.Since his first active season in 2017, according to our research, he leads all players with 743 assists recorded while in the open floor. For comparison: Only Russell Westbrook, LeBron James, James Harden and Kyle Lowry have even recorded 500 transition assists during this span.
    Meanwhile, though he has his well-do ented shortcomings as a shooter, Simmons is still someone who can help his team hit the outside shot.
    Overall, Simmons has recorded 996 assists to three-pointers since coming into the league, per PBP Stats. That ranks as the second-best mark among all players in this span. Only Westbrook and Chris Paul have also assisted at least 900 three-pointers over the course of the last four seasons.
    Further, no one has assisted on non-corner three-pointers more often. Since turning pro, according to PBP Stats, Simmons has assisted on a league-best 4.07 above the arc three-pointers per 100 possessions.
    Philadelphia was 4.3 percentage points better from beyond the arc when Simmons was on the floor compared to when he was off in 2020-21. That differential ranked Simmons in the 92nd percentile, via Cleaning the Glass.
    With significant credit to his vast skill set as a facilitator, his teams have played at a faster pace and have scored more points per possession when he is on the floor compared to when he is not.
    Simmons is undeniably one of the most willing and able playmakers in the NBA. He is someone who can make a difference even when he is not the one scoring the ball himself.
    https://hoopshype.com/lists/ben-simm...tats-analysis/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is exactly why I’m not interested in Simmons. Almost our entire roster would need to be traded. If you’re not shooting above 38% for threes, you’re gone.
    Almost our entire roster needs to be traded anyways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Philadelphia was 4.3 percentage points better from beyond the arc when Simmons was on the floor compared to when he was off in 2020-21.
    Knock 4.3% off all of those 3G%s in Philly. He won’t be there to dish the dimes, especially above the break.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giannis is what Ben would be without a dominating post player with a 35% usage rate.

Ben is 6th on the team, for players who played 50 games, in USG, and 3rd in WS. He’s badly underutilized, because he’s a bad fit with Embiid. They both need the same things: shooters, and the ball in the paint. Trouble is, there’s only one ball.

Lmao, no.

Ben Simmons is a mental midget who cares about how the media and the fans perceive him more than developing his game.

How many times have we seen Giannis airball a shot or even a free throw? And what happened next? He just kept playing as if nothing happened and took the same shot again.
    Simmons on the other hand just doesn't care.

How many Sixers games did you actually watch? His usage is low because he has nothing to offer if the defense is set.
    He doesn't need a 3pt shot, but he has absolutely no range outside the restricted area. No post moves or at least semi-reliable midrange. Nothing.

He just brings the ball up and then passes it away because he can't do .

If anything, Embiid is the one who suffers. He spends way too many possessions on the perimeter as if he was some stretch big because Simmons is completely useless if he's not in the paint, even without the ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    every time i read a report about what philly is asking other teams i'm that much more convinced that the spurs have very little that interests the 76ers. and whatever deal could exist would most definitely leave the spurs bereft of draft picks for many years to come.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BREAKING NEWS: The same thing that we have all heard every day for the last 2 months.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The latest chatter is the Pacers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    every time i read a report about what philly is asking other teams i'm that much more convinced that the spurs have very little that interests the 76ers. and whatever deal could exist would most definitely leave the spurs bereft of draft picks for many years to come.
    You're reading it wrong. Morey has asked for these huge packages since the beginning because he's trying to make it seem as if Simmons is coveted. No one is actually giving those picks and swaps for Simmons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point, Morey is just trying to get Simmons back to play. So this functions, too, as a way of saying "This is how much we value you for, so just actually fulfill your contract for now."

Simmons' camp is doing the same thing, indicating they're willing to come back at least for a little bit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point, Morey is just trying to get Simmons back to play. So this functions, too, as a way of saying "This is how much we value you for, so just actually fulfill your contract for now."

Simmons' camp is doing the same thing, indicating they're willing to come back at least for a little bit.
    Rich Paul will do whatever Ben wants, and that seems to be ensuring his exit from Philly. There has been ZERO indication that Ben is willing to return.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rich Paul will do whatever Ben wants, and that seems to be ensuring his exit from Philly. There has been ZERO indication that Ben is willing to return.
    No, you're out of date. He's indicating now that he'd return only if it were for "short-term intentions." So he's starting to change his tune.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, you're out of date. He's indicating now that he'd return only if it were for "short-term intentions." So he's starting to change his tune.
    Sauces?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miami bragging that we are playing our starters against their bench. My how we have fallen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miami bragging that we are playing our starters against their bench. My how we have fallen.
    Thread placement fail…

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shooters. Lots of shooters. Secondary ball handlers, too.
    He has shooters lots of shooters on his team. I also said give me specific examples. I am also more talking about bigs since you said Embid was not a good fit for him. But the rest of the team is made up of shooters to make it work better for him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After last night's game it feels like white + dj isn't an overpay... that may be recency bias on my part but even with all Ben's flaws he's closer to being someone to build around than anything we've got (maybe with the exception of Primo, who I think could fit well with Ben). I still wouldn't load them up with picks but I might put whit + dj on the table... they just don't fit together..

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After last night's game it feels like white + dj isn't an overpay... that may be recency bias on my part but even with all Ben's flaws he's closer to being someone to build around than anything we've got (maybe with the exception of Primo, who I think could fit well with Ben). I still wouldn't load them up with picks but I might put whit + dj on the table... they just don't fit together..
    The thing I've been thinking about Ben and to his defense is that he has had the shooters around him but with Embiid with him how much has he ever been the focal point? I believe that first year when Embiid was recovering etc he did really well.

As a focal point he may be far better then we know at this stage of his career. With that being said, I'd trade for him as long as we kept Primo and KJ. Anyone else is varying tiers depending on what the return is. Preferably like to keep White with Ben, but if he had to go that's fine. Murray wouldn't fit with Ben at all but... it is what it is.

Ben Simmons
    Josh Primo
    Keldon Johnson
    Doug McDermott
    Yak Poetl

This definitely looks like a playoff team at least on paper. At the very least ben is a potential DPOY candidate and amazing at orchestrating an offense. Defensively he is ELITE. He is much better then Derozan as he's not a liability on Defense. Then you argue offensively Ben is a liability but then again in a meaningful game so is Demarr. lol
    Last edited by raybies; 10-09-2021 at 06:42 PM.

Thread Information