Page 46 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 2371
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some perspective on Hawks news

As Nate McMillan has gotten the hawks playing better ball and as the FO has come to believe they will Not be able to keep Collins, Tony Nessler (owner) is really advocating acquiring a player that would allow them to make a small playoff push this year. The GM is trying to push back and prefers a more patient approach. There is a connection in their FO to Spurs, Magic, & DDR which all ties back to Toronto. I was told a certain person reached out to Weltman in Orlando because he is a mentor of sorts and wanted to discuss DDR and how to navigate the current situation. This person has strong connection to DDR and is more aligned with Hawks owner but the GM (forget name came over from Golden State) has been able to bring Nessler around to his way of thinking up to this point. So this person is trying to carefully have options in place to move on for owner while not being seen as not in agreement with GM. Anyway this person is very strong advocate for DDR if Hawks choose to make a bigger move and sounds like he has at least had unofficial discussion with someone in Spurs org. It sounded that there was interest from Spurs and the devil would be in the details of who is getting what picks/prospects, for the right package was told Hawks would consider moving one of Reddish, Huerter, or Okungwu. Also mentioned the Hawks would prefer to move Rondo over Snell (or move both) and while Rondo is not a big salary could kill a potential deal if real talks were to begin
    Real or not, but you're bringing the goods here. Thanks, champ! We need more posters like you around!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SAN ANTONIO - According to a report from the Miami Herald, trade talks between the San Antonio Spurs and Miami Heat for LaMarcus Aldridge went nowhere.

The Miami Herald reports that trade discussions for the Spurs forward did not have any movement.
    Trade conversations involving the Spurs’ LaMarcus Aldridge also went nowhere.
    In addition, the Spurs reportedly wanted more from Miami in exchange for Rudy Gay. This made the Heat move to trade for Trevor Ariza.

According to a source in touch with the Heat, one reason the Heat jumped on the Trevor Ariza trade — instead of waiting until closer to the deadline to make a move — was because of an inability to agree on trade compensation for San Antonio’s Rudy Gay or P.J. Tucker, who was dealt from Houston to Milwaukee on Wednesday.
    The Spurs asked for more than what the Heat was willing to give for Gay, who was the preferred choice of some internally, the source said.
    The NBA Trade Deadline is on March 25.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...250021354.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
    7m
    The Woj Pod with ESPN's @TimBontemps on the NBA Trade Deadline and @CassidyHubbarth on the race for MVP. Full audio: es.pn/3r8JEpz

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Real or not, but you're bringing the goods here. Thanks, champ! We need more posters like you around!
    Seems like Reddish has been better this year but I’m not sold Huerter and Reddish for DDR is that great of a move vs. letting our vets walk and outright signing a better fit via FA this summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God damn guys supposedly the heat wanted Rudy Gay but the spurs were asking for to much, idk how to copy the article over otherwise I would

also said spurs trade talks with the heat about LMA went nowhere, what the are the spurs doing!!!!
    I’d rather see the FO do that instead of giving their players for free.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So spurs really want to resign gay if they are asking for soo much to let him go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miami sent out a player they were likely going to waive if no one bought on a trade and a 2027 2nd for Trevor Ariza

I'd much rather have Rudy Gay- but pretty clear they aren't willing to give up anything along the lines of KZ Okpala or Precious unless they really have a hole burning in their pocket at the deadline.

Swapping expiring contracts is not going to be an upgrade for this spurs team. They're going to let it ride into FA and at this point who cares. I'll reiterate my take that LA has no value to anyone outside of a team who needs to shed a contract and is willing to give up a 21 first rounder, and that is a limited market.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So spurs really want to resign gay if they are asking for soo much to let him go.
    I don't think so but they are probably just asking more than a 2027 secound round pick like the ariza deal. And that's normal imo.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Spurs probably value Rudy as a player/person more than a future 2nd rounder. It's obvious the young guys love him and he has been solid for us, no reason to just trade him for anything if the offer is like what the heat gave up for Ariza

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The report a few pages back on the magic has me wanting the Spurs to be buyers rather than sellers even more.

If the Magic are willing to trade Vooch, it means they are really in tank mode and don't want to admit it. LMA + two first rounders + a young guy if necessary for Vooch. Let's go. DDR + Vooch + continually developing young guys that we have sounds like a team that could develop into a contender* with 3 years and it is in the Spurs mold.

*Could develop into a contender meaning that our young guys develop into what everyone hopes they can. DDR + Vooch and our youngs as they are today won't get it done... but everyone already seems to think KJ will be a max player... well, if he does - our team would be pretty damn good when paired with DDR and Vooch to go along with Murray, Derrick, a developing Devin, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like I said Miami has nothing interesting to offer. They only want to dump Leonard, Bradley, Iggy and Harkless. There’s no reason for the Spurs to do that if they can’t get a 1st rounder, Precious or KZ.

If you trade DeRozan to ATL Collins has to be in the package, plus another young guy and a pick. Otherwise Spurs could just wait it out and make a run at Collins in FA.

The Aldridge situation reminds me of the Gasol situation. Spurs management is always half a season too late

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cleveland wanted to get a return on Love, but his calf injury this season has screwed his value to the league. Now they would have to pay just to get rid of his contract. Cleveland has multiple 2nd rd picks from 2023-27 but that's window dressing. The price is the Cavs 2021 1st rd pick, UNPROTECTED. They want to resign Allen, Sexton is entering his extension window, and Drummond's salary coming off their books isn't going to cut it alone. However, you drop Drummond and Love, you could sign those two players and potentially make a run at John Collins in Free Agency.

Right now the Cavs are #5 in Tankathon draft standings. With the lottery odds, the pick could drop between 6-9. But, the pick could also be in the top 3, even 1. If two years of Love's contract is the door to walk through to get a Cunningham, Mobley, Green, or Kuminga or a major return for the draft rights to said players, you have to look into that kind of deal!!
    I would do Aldridge for Love and the unprotected 1st rounder in a heart beat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The report a few pages back on the magic has me wanting the Spurs to be buyers rather than sellers even more.

If the Magic are willing to trade Vooch, it means they are really in tank mode and don't want to admit it. LMA + two first rounders + a young guy if necessary for Vooch. Let's go. DDR + Vooch + continually developing young guys that we have sounds like a team that could develop into a contender* with 3 years and it is in the Spurs mold.

*Could develop into a contender meaning that our young guys develop into what everyone hopes they can. DDR + Vooch and our youngs as they are today won't get it done... but everyone already seems to think KJ will be a max player... well, if he does - our team would be pretty damn good when paired with DDR and Vooch to go along with Murray, Derrick, a developing Devin, etc.
    Vooch is a gamble at age 30 (if available for what the Spurs can reasonably offer). He could fall off by the time the Spurs youth
    are ready to contribute to a le team

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not exactly sure what an acceptable Atlanta trade would look like for the FO. Maybe DDR/Walker/Lyles for Collins/Bogdanovic/Snell. Doubt the FO would give up both KJ and Walker but they should be willing to part ways with Walker if that gets you Collins.
    I doubt the Hawks would do that (maybe Huerter instead of Bogdanovic, but then it wouldn't work financially), but I'd do that trade in a second. Spurs aren't doing better with cap space.

You can debate who starts on the wings, but going forward a top seven of: Collins, Johnson, Vassell, Poeltl, White, Bogdanovic, Murray fits. Throw in Samanic, Jones, Eubanks and all picks going forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vooch is a gamble at age 30 (if available for what the Spurs can reasonably offer). He could fall off by the time the Spurs youth
    Not the mention that the article paints him as a paycheck player, a merc.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I would do Aldridge for Love and the unprotected 1st rounder in a heart beat.
    we all would.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Orlando more rumored to be dangling Aaron Gordon and Pepe Le Fournier. Vucevic probably staying put with Issac and Fultz. I don’t think Spurs are high on Gordon. He didn’t even get Team USA invite.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing with the Spurs is that they won't trade anyone to just any place. They will try to "do right" by their players, and that limits greatly the places where folks can get traded. For example, I don't think DeRozan would be cool with a trade to Atlanta like someone suggested above. Much less Cleveland, whic is another trade scenario I saw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are probably right, but I Vooch being a Euro will probably be a stud until he's like 37 and then fall off a cliff lol

I'm not worried about him being in it for a paycheck. He'll be getting one, so no problem.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing with the Spurs is that they won't trade anyone to just any place. They will try to "do right" by their players, and that limits greatly the places where folks can get traded. For example, I don't think DeRozan would be cool with a trade to Atlanta like someone suggested above. Much less Cleveland, whic is another trade scenario I saw.
    He's in a unique spot for a veteran so called star. Due to his 3 and D limitations, a contender or aspiring one won't have interest. The only ones who will are non glamour markets attempting to remain or become compe ive and many of them won't have the requisite cap space either.

If his precious Raptors aren't interested in a reunion, he'll have to warm up to the notion of someone like the Hawks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    So Spurs probably have offers that will improve them now but don't want to take back any long term salary. interesting. i guess that means there is someone in FA they really have their eyes on

and lol Brian Windhorst is such a fat

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are probably right, but I Vooch being a Euro will probably be a stud until he's like 37 and then fall off a cliff lol

I'm not worried about him being in it for a paycheck. He'll be getting one, so no problem.
    Did you read the article? That’s ALL he’s in it for. Doesn’t care if he wins or loses. Got traded to Memphis. Didn’t care. Got traded to Orlando. Didn’t care, and doesn’t care, still. One of the worst franchises.

I don’t want a guy who doesn’t give a if his team wins or loses. You do you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well that’s encouraging that there are some offers according to Windhorst

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I assume they will wait until the end of the deadline to get a deal done if they have multiple offers on the table. Just to get the best deal possible

Thread Information