Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 3819
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It had to be there since it was a county project and thats where the county had land. IIRC the city wanted to build one way out on 35 which honestly would have been worse IMO.
    That was the proposal in 98 but in 99 they wanted to fold in an expansion of the convention center into a downtown arena. Can't remember if they wanted to put the new arena in the parking lot of the Alamodome or where Hemisfair Arena used to be.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Downtown arena's are the . Getting to Capital one is a 15 minute metro ride for me in DC.
    Would kill for a subway system in San Antonio like they have in DC. Ugh if I win the PowerBall I'm hiring full time drivers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would kill for a subway system in San Antonio like they have in DC. Ugh if I win the PowerBall I'm hiring full time drivers.
    was just in NYC last weekend and man. i'd kill for public transit that comprehensive. eliminates the need for the huge parking infrastructure. thats why in LA, sofi (next to the forum) is in the middle of butt nowhere in inglewood. need space for parking.

going to a stadium in LA is always a ing show because you have tens of thousands of people looking for parking. and if you are any where near a stadium... you know it, since they have to clear up so much space for parking lots. in NYC you could walk a block from madison square garden and not realize it. spent one evening in brooklyn just walking and was like, oh wow, thats barclays. neat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Myles Turner mentions working out with Victor

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feeding into that hype is what scouts, GMs and other executives expect the Spurs to resist. No one sees Wembanyama playing anything close to the 33 minutes a night that last year’s No. 1 pick and Rookie of the Year, forward Paolo Banchero, averaged for the Orlando Magic. And Wembanyama appears to be on board with that approach, as he independently also announced that he will not play for the French national team in FIBA World Cup compe ion later this summer in order to focus on preparation for his first NBA season. “The Spurs will presumably work a ton on his body and manage his minutes, not play him in back-to-back games, etcetera, which is smart,” said an Eastern Conference assistant GM. “They’ll handle it right.”
    – via Ric Bucher @ FoxSports.com

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Make an airport where it's easy to get in and out of town and millionaire players are more likely to sign with you.
    We’ll always be a node, and not a hub, so 95% of flights will be connecting to a hub, meaning automatic connections. Doesn’t matter where your terminals are, or what they look like, you're second rate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Myles Turner mentions working out with Victor

I had posted the video from Melvin Sanders IG page but it doesn't embed so it was just the link. Here is the video:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its legit hard for me to take your critiques too seriously when you had never heard of A Milli. To each their own my dude, but that's a huge song of that era.
    No problem, I'm not big into rap, and was actually curious to hear the song after the Wemby shoutout.

only a dork would say some like that
    Yeah, or someone just not into that style of music... lol

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We’ll always be a node, and not a hub, so 95% of flights will be connecting to a hub, meaning automatic connections. Doesn’t matter where your terminals are, or what they look like, you're second rate.
    I don't know if people who make 40 million dollars a year fly commercial.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I wanna come back to this video

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You get paid for engagement on Twitter now. People should learn what not to reply or comment on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How would an eastern conference gm know about the spurs plan to load manage wemby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How would an eastern conference gm know about the spurs plan to load manage wemby
    You don’t think the Spurs are going around calling to inform other teams’ GMs about their plans with Victor?

Anyways, based off that article from Timvp a little while back it seems like they won’t be too crazy with the load management stuff which is great. I’m not saying they need to force him to play 80 games for 35 minutes a night, but something like 60-70 games playing 25ish minutes a night would be ideal IMO. Obviously they’ll be cautious with him should any injuries pop up, but to the extent he’s healthy I don’t want to see them resting him every other game or playing him 15-20 minutes a night.

Victor seems to want to gun for ROTY. I think the Spurs realize that and will let him go for it as long as he doesn’t show signs of breaking down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Even the guy on the right is like "what the is this dude on?"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don’t think the Spurs are going around calling to inform other teams’ GMs about their plans with Victor?

Anyways, based off that article from Timvp a little while back it seems like they won’t be too crazy with the load management stuff which is great. I’m not saying they need to force him to play 80 games for 35 minutes a night, but something like 60-70 games playing 25ish minutes a night would be ideal IMO. Obviously they’ll be cautious with him should any injuries pop up, but to the extent he’s healthy I don’t want to see them resting him every other game or playing him 15-20 minutes a night.

Victor seems to want to gun for ROTY. I think the Spurs realize that and will let him go for it as long as he doesn’t show signs of breaking down.
    i don’t think he should sit any games unless he’s actually hurt. I could see managing minutes on a back to back situation and stuff like that. He’s not some old fart that needs random rest games. Yes if he has some ligament soreness or whatever sure give him a night off. But not just for the sake of load management. He’s 19

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because he’s an “insider” lol. It’s a cabal dontcha know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wilt averaged over 48 minutes a game one season playing all 82 games, riding in busses and flying commercial, wearing Chuck Taylors and playing multiple back to back TO BACKS, playing four games in five nights, and having to buy his own food on the road during an era when black people weren't all that loved.

load management.

The Spurs lost in the playoffs more than once because they didn't have the wind to play big minutes. At least they were fresh for the off season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know if people who make 40 million dollars a year fly commercial.
    Then an improved airport doesn’t matter. Just turn off Wetmore into one of the private hangars, and get on your NetJet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    was just in NYC last weekend and man. i'd kill for public transit that comprehensive. eliminates the need for the huge parking infrastructure. thats why in LA, sofi (next to the forum) is in the middle of butt nowhere in inglewood. need space for parking.

going to a stadium in LA is always a ing show because you have tens of thousands of people looking for parking. and if you are any where near a stadium... you know it, since they have to clear up so much space for parking lots. in NYC you could walk a block from madison square garden and not realize it. spent one evening in brooklyn just walking and was like, oh wow, thats barclays. neat.
    the subways in NYC can be crazy though. You have literal crazies, you have rats the size of cats. Depending on where you are, you could be dealing with constant scheduled repairs/maintenance/delays. I always to the subway when I moved to NYC years ago, and initially upon coming back a few years later. By this point, I already had a car and lived in Long Island. Still took the subway when going to the city. BUT eventually, it was such a hassle dealing with all that, so now I drive going to the city and now have to
    deal with parking lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the subways in NYC can be crazy though. You have literal crazies, you have rats the size of cats. Depending on where you are, you could be dealing with constant scheduled repairs/maintenance/delays. I always to the subway when I moved to NYC years ago, and initially upon coming back a few years later. By this point, I already had a car and lived in Long Island. Still took the subway when going to the city. BUT eventually, it was such a hassle dealing with all that, so now I drive going to the city and now have to
    deal with parking lol.
    I was only there for about 4 days. And we were in Manhattan most of the time and otherwise in Brooklyn. Took the subway at least 4-6 times a day. Didn’t have any odd encounters.

Something like 2.5 million people use the nyc metro per day. There will obviously be some incidents. But statistically it’s pretty safe

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wemby should definitely work on his BBIQ by going to play in a meaningless Drew League game later this summer. He should further develop his mental a en by attempting to block LeBron’s breakaway dunk attempt during said meaningful game. Those efforts will ensure he picks up enough smarts not to injure himself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then an improved airport doesn’t matter. Just turn off Wetmore into one of the private hangars, and get on your NetJet.
    I assumed improving the airport would make it easier to get to. The drive was always the worst part.

Thread Information