Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1703
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm going out on a limb and predict that the Laker's massively overpay for DJ once their picks the next to years are sorted and they can firesale all their draft assets. They would certainly do it for a James swan song, corpse or not.

Meanwhile the Spurs will either get the Hawks to give us a great deal for Young or no deal at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJM’s 3pt shooting is fully credible. He’s shooting .360 on moderate volume of 6.4 per game. It’s good enough that his defender needs to be aware of him at the arc, but no need to make it the major focus of a game plan.

The major threat a defense would face from a DJM & Wemby pairing would be the pick’n’roll. It appears to me. Well practiced, that could be like trying to stop an avalanche.

DJM can stop and pop. He has a nice midrange game. He can also do a good job of taking the ball on in for a layup. As best I recall, he showed some good ability to thread the needle with bounce passes to Poeltl on the p&r. For passes over the top, Poeltl wasn’t much of a lob threat but Wemby sure as heck is.

So, what I mean is, against p&r, the defense would have to deal with all four of those at the same time: DJM stops &pops, or DJM layup, or bounce pass to Wemby for dunk, or lob to Wemby for dunk. It’s a defensive nightmare. In theory. But there’s nothing impossible about any of it.

Certainly 3pt shooting ability is good. Gotta have it these days. But the p&r possibilities with Wemby intrigue me more.

Whether DJM or Trae is available depends on what Atlanta decides to do. Tank, or not? I have no way of knowing.
    Inverted pick & rolls would be a nightmare for opponents tbh. DJ got a lot of length for a PG and the midrange is his bread and butter. If he screens for Wemby it'll be pick your poison. The Wemby/Tre Jones pick & roll is already at 1.35 points per posession. DHO's would also work quite well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs dont have time for a chucking midget on the team who plays no lick of defense....

on your knees for this clown like they did for LMA will see wemby leave for greener pastures

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Inverted pick & rolls would be a nightmare for opponents tbh. DJ got a lot of length for a PG and the midrange is his bread and butter. If he screens for Wemby it'll be pick your poison. The Wemby/Tre Jones pick & roll is already at 1.35 points per posession. DHO's would also work quite well.

Agreed. A little further on what you mention, we’ve seen what a good passer Wemby is. If Wemby was stopped he could pass to DJM in an inverted p&r, sure. Like you say, pick your poison.

To complete it, put a couple good shooters along the arc, one in the corner and one on the wing, so if the defense collapses to stop the p&r, either DJM or Wemby could kick out to an open shooter.

Sigh. I’m suddenly envisioning a Spurs team playing in the le series every year. And winning. We’ll see, but it isn’t totally out of the question.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've thought about it for a while, and I'm open to DJM returning. We still (should) get the best of that trade scenario if PATFO play relative hardball with ATL to provide them with their picks back.

DJM had some ugly parting shots from what I remember but that's ok. Winning cures all, and I'd be pretty confident we are a mid playoff team just by upgrading back to DJM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imo, Spurs shouldn't trade away a single first rounder for players older than 25/26 unless it's a legit superstar trade.
    DJ will be 28 before the next season starts and he'll be out of his prime before Wemby enters his.
    And he'd surely cost at two first rounders.
    I said the same about Bridges, he'll also be 28.

Don't get me wrong, I think this team needs some veterans and I've got nothing against 30+ year olds as long as Spurs aren't using first rounders to get them.

DJ would be a good fit basketball wise, but I just don't Spurs to deal with his personality again. He's a teenager stuck in a grown man's body.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm going out on a limb and predict that the Laker's massively overpay for DJ once their picks the next to years are sorted and they can firesale all their draft assets. They would certainly do it for a James swan song, corpse or not.

Meanwhile the Spurs will either get the Hawks to give us a great deal for Young or no deal at all.
    The great thing is the Spurs also win big if Hawks trade Young somewhere else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJM’s 3pt shooting is fully credible. He’s shooting .360 on moderate volume of 6.4 per game. It’s good enough that his defender needs to be aware of him at the arc, but no need to make it the major focus of a game plan.

The major threat a defense would face from a DJM & Wemby pairing would be the pick’n’roll. It appears to me. Well practiced, that could be like trying to stop an avalanche.

DJM can stop and pop. He has a nice midrange game. He can also do a good job of taking the ball on in for a layup. As best I recall, he showed some good ability to thread the needle with bounce passes to Poeltl on the p&r. For passes over the top, Poeltl wasn’t much of a lob threat but Wemby sure as heck is.

So, what I mean is, against p&r, the defense would have to deal with all four of those at the same time: DJM stops &pops, or DJM layup, or bounce pass to Wemby for dunk, or lob to Wemby for dunk. It’s a defensive nightmare. In theory. But there’s nothing impossible about any of it.

Certainly 3pt shooting ability is good. Gotta have it these days. But the p&r possibilities with Wemby intrigue me more.

Whether DJM or Trae is available depends on what Atlanta decides to do. Tank, or not? I have no way of knowing.
    Yea I'm a big fan of DJ. Always thought he was the prototypical PG when he was drafted. Thought him and Kawhi would wreck teams for years.

He's developed great from when he came in. Hard worker, compe or, just feel like he needed a little bit of freedom to realize how good he had it in SA. Think the way he talks about SA now says he grew up quite a bit being away.

His midrange was solid here and he could attack well enough. His 3 pt became a real thing his last year or two with SA. Good to see its still going strong. He would have great looks with Wemby too. Can only imagine his shooting would benefit from Wembys presence and we all know he's a plus defender with great size at the PG.

Wouldn't mind him but at a discount for what we sent him away for.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ideally, IMO, you trade for DJM and draft your PG of the future. The draft pick spends the whole year in Austin. Develops at SA’s preferred pace and is ready to move DJM to a back up role by the time his contract is up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not thrilled at the idea of Dejounte because he's a poor lob passer

But more than that

Don't forget his playoff shenanigans. He went and got himself suspended for game 5 by abusing a ref. Luckily for the Hawks it was Trae Young who stepped up with a huge game 5 and the win on the road

Dejounte brings the hot headedness not just to gram or the tweets or the snaps but in the games as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ the rumour was the the spurs were happy they moved on from his possie

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    murray doesnt do much at all in the lob game, this is true. he still had moderate pick and roll success with poeltl though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While I like DJM (and was big proponent of that move prior to the Trae rumors/speculation surfacing), I have a hard time seeing the Spurs wanting to go down that route, and I have a hard time with how DJM & Dev would work together behind Wemby and potentially another priority name being added to the mix, either by trade or draft eventually. Both DJM and Devin have alpha-mentalities, whether or not they've actually earned them, which may end up being slightly problematic as they get pushed down the pecking order. The more I think of it, the more I just don't think the Spurs would want to go back down the DJM rabbit hole.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1.You have the opportunity to play with what could end up as the greatest player in history during your prime who complements you well...

2. You join a franchise with a lot of flexibiblity who could build a contender for years around you and Wemby...

3. You join a player who's already the attraction of the league and will become the face of the NBA, which is also good for your own exposition and brand.

4. the alternative is spending the rest of your prime on the treadmill in Atlanta with no perspective of winning a chip, less exposition and accolades (and money).

What do you wanna do if your Trae? You only have one career and that could be a golden opportunity for him. That could change his career and life.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've thought about it for a while, and I'm open to DJM returning. We still (should) get the best of that trade scenario if PATFO play relative hardball with ATL to provide them with their picks back.

DJM had some ugly parting shots from what I remember but that's ok. Winning cures all, and I'd be pretty confident we are a mid playoff team just by upgrading back to DJM.
    Atlanta ain't getting their picks back for Dejounte. Better be talking Trae if they want those three back. Otherwise my best offer might be something like the ATL 27, CHI 25, CHA 25 fake pick, and Zollins for Dejounte. Or maybe replace the ATL 27 with the Spurs 24 if it falls to 6 or 7.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atlanta ain't getting their picks back for Dejounte. Better be talking Trae if they want those three back. Otherwise my best offer might be something like the ATL 27, CHI 25, CHA 25 fake pick, and Zollins for Dejounte. Or maybe replace the ATL 27 with the Spurs 24 if it falls to 6 or 7.
    I like this, though I would want to hold that Spurs 24. Even if it is 6 or 7, I still want to add one more young prospect to our team, even if they only project to be a bench player (we need those too).

I don't think ATL can pull the trigger on this without getting completely slaughtered (though DET did effectively trade Dennis Rodman for Bill Curly once, so anything is possible) by their fans or media. Love it from our POV though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs dont have time for a chucking midget on the team who plays no lick of defense....

on your knees for this clown like they did for LMA will see wemby leave for greener pastures
    and if we do Rob Dillingham will be much cheaper

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll admit I got excited about the idea of Trae here at first. Then the hangover subsided and I’m back to not liking this fit at all. If they’re gonna accelerate the time line (I don’t think they should next year), where is it written that it has to be for Trae? Shop around first.

Each “story” that breathes more life to this narrative is getting annoying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He kept running his mouth last year. Then this year he has changed his tone.

Either one could be his real disposition. One thing is clear: he had not gotten over himself last year. If he had said he didn't like the mindgames because he did not need the motivation that would be one thing. He was talking about having to play behind Parker and Mills his rookie year and that was the issue to him. that is just self centered and not understanding the why. That type of thing is a cliche motivation technique.

he is nowhere near a Ricky Davis 'I'm just going to get my own' type in reaction. he could work with Wemby assuming he feels subordinate to Vic like Jackson was to Duncan. otherwise he would need to change his personality.

from a talent standpoint and fit it is a no brainer. I am similarly ambivalent.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We traded on him high for a reason….we don’t need the headache he brings

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After watching how horrible the spurs are without someone who can create offense the last couple games, people might start to realize the impact Trae would bring. First, he would make Wemby BETTER. He would make Wembys life easier. He would teach wemby the game. Some people really call trae low iq. Arguably at the top of the league when it comes tl the game. Trae is not athletic or surrounded by a system and can still average 30 & 10. He's not even in his prime yet.

Every PG you want to bring in would be a liability on defense. It's the nature of the game of tall people.

Trae makes a lot of sense, he's the perfect compliment to Wemby. A game conductor with a good 3.

His price tag is super high. I don't like that of course. But you'll still have draft picks after the trade to fill backup spots and a Wemby, Trae, Vassell lineup will attract other players. That's solid if vassell ends up the 3rd or 4th best option. He's creating way too many bad habits on a team who doesn't know how to play.

Trae makes Wemby and Vassell both better. It would let them both focus more/have energy on defense when they don't have to carry so much offense as well. Lots of positives.

DJM isn't in the same tier as Trae, but I wouldn't mind him with the right trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After watching how horrible the spurs are without someone who can create offense the last couple games, people might start to realize the impact Trae would bring. First, he would make Wemby BETTER. He would make Wembys life easier. He would teach wemby the game. Some people really call trae low iq. Arguably at the top of the league when it comes tl the game. Trae is not athletic or surrounded by a system and can still average 30 & 10. He's not even in his prime yet.

Every PG you want to bring in would be a liability on defense. It's the nature of the game of tall people.

Trae makes a lot of sense, he's the perfect compliment to Wemby. A game conductor with a good 3.

His price tag is super high. I don't like that of course. But you'll still have draft picks after the trade to fill backup spots and a Wemby, Trae, Vassell lineup will attract other players. That's solid if vassell ends up the 3rd or 4th best option. He's creating way too many bad habits on a team who doesn't know how to play.

Trae makes Wemby and Vassell both better. It would let them both focus more/have energy on defense when they don't have to carry so much offense as well. Lots of positives.

DJM isn't in the same tier as Trae, but I wouldn't mind him with the right trade.
    Didn’t you hear? Trae unfollowed Wemby on IG. The thrill is gone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dillingham it is.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    really? Pretty immature if that’s the case.

Thread Information