Page 473 of 745 FirstFirst ... 373423463469470471472473474475476477483523573 ... LastLast
Results 11,801 to 11,825 of 18607
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Come next trade deadline, as of now the Spurs will have ~$24 mil in expirings. Should be useful.

Green $10 mil
    Gay $10 mil
    Ginobili $2.5 mil
    Paul $1.4 mil
    Since Gay signed a 1 year deal it's my understanding that he can't get traded without his consent. I think the same would be true for any of the current RFA if they just signed their QO.

But they do have Pau Gasol with only a partial guarantee of $6 mill for the season after this one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Lakers could have a prime Shaq, Kobe, and Wilt on the trading block and you'd say we got trash players. I get it.
    What? There are comparable players to them (besides Lebron) on your team to offer?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Lakers could have a prime Shaq, Kobe, and Wilt on the trading block and you'd say we got trash players. I get it.
    That's facts, Fultz, Saric, & Covington package is garbage, 2021 Miami 1st rounder is not guarantee of a lottery pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This goes the distance, him and his "group" will cave. They're a group of goobers who don't know what they're doing and Pop is maintaining a strong stance. As he should.
    Like he said to Aldridge: I'd trade you for Durant, I'd drive you to the airport, but that ain't happening. Here's the deal...
    True. If your plan B to getting bank relies on the party you just threw the kitchen sink at in chasing your plan A agreeing to pay you $221 million American, which had little to no chance of success, you might rethink what you're doing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's facts, Fultz, Saric, & Covington package is garbage, 2021 Miami 1st rounder is not guarantee of a lottery pick.
    What's really gross is it looked like Pop and that other guy, with the glasses, were about ready to cave for Philly's schmucks and some low-rent 1st rounders.
    And that couldn't even get done!

Keep the dude. He's healthy and doing his thing - pay him. Otherwise everybody, including Kawhi, can themselves into oblivion and see how far that gets you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe to add to a Kawhi package?

1st from Denver and 1st from Miami?
    Is Chandler a top 20 player?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

this f'n clown

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m starting to believe that the Spurs really do believe they can work things out with Kawhi. A number of things need to be worked out though...

•PATFO apologizing for unsupportive comments throughout last season
    •Parker is gone (his quote was taken out of context, but I believe they had rocky relationship regardless)
    •Kawhi’s medical treatment will exclusively be handled by his doctors
    •Kawhi is consulted regarding player personnel decisions
    •supermax extension (he’s in his prime and is unwilling to take a discount)...

With that being said the Spurs will not offer him the supermax this offseason, but if he’s the same ole Kawhi and requalifies they will next offseason as an UFA. If LeBron can make up with Dan Gilbert like he did the 2nd go around in Cleveland anything is possible. It’s a lot, but Kawhi is arguably a top 3 player when healthy. PATFO realizes knows that and will definitely not take unacceptable offers. This isn’t Tim Duncan. Kawhi needs a lot more catering.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he sits next year he actually he loses his ability to opt out the following year under the CBA.. He would owe us another year for failing to meet his contractual obligation. However, things change when you have an "injured player". Things could get pretty ugly in arbitration if Unc and his Sister decide he's going to go that route..
    He can file retirement papers to get out of the contract and he would then be a free agent in a year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since Gay signed a 1 year deal it's my understanding that he can't get traded without his consent. I think the same would be true for any of the current RFA if they just signed their QO.

But they do have Pau Gasol with only a partial guarantee of $6 mill for the season after this one.
    So potentially even more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True. If your plan B to getting bank relies on the party you just threw the kitchen sink at in chasing your plan A agreeing to pay you $221 million American, which had little to no chance of success, you might rethink what you're doing.
    Done deal...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can file retirement papers to get out of the contract and he would then be a free agent in a year.
    , add $40 mil to potentially the, what, $120 mil from the supermax he'd lose eligibility for? I assume if he filed for reinstatement then he would maintain his service status as of the day he 'retired'.

So $160 mil in the hole, and being out of the game for a year you expect to come back and get a max deal? People will have forgotten he ever played. Honestly they would have by now except for all the bull drama.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

this f'n clown
    To quote Apalisoc:
    Done deal.
    He's a Spur. I heard it from Apa's aunt. She was... decent.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Instead, you have a prime Ingram (eww) and Lonzo Bust on the trading block. In other words: trash.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope so. Kawhi, if healthy, is far better than anything we can get for him.

As for the fans, winning solves all things so getting back to contention should alleviate the butthurt.

Unless you're Tholdren or whoever that racist dude is. Can't turn Kawhi white,
    $80m is a lot of money to turn down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have heard some info regarding Kawhi. Supposedly Pop will meet/talk with Kawhi again.
    humm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

this f'n clown
    Every reporter has different takes. Hard to know the truth and he won’t talk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's only about to be coached by Pop in less than 3 weeks...
    That should go smoothly.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're arguing like a Trump saying everyone would be against his healthcare plan if it was universal full coverage and cost $1. If you had drafted Tatum most of the forum would be good with trading Leonard, but instead you have a couple of hands full of that you're calling gold.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're arguing like a Trump saying everyone would be against his healthcare plan if it was universal full coverage and cost $1. If you had drafted Tatum most of the forum would be good with trading Leonard, but instead you have a couple of hands full of that you're calling gold.
    Oh my gosh... my own sister argues like that.
    I don't really blame her. She's an abused woman that goes back to her abuser.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at that point you send a squad of Orejones to deal with him

"Accordingly, such a player shall not be a Veteran Free Agent and shall not be en led to negotiate or sign a Player Contract with any other professional basketball team unless and until the Team for which the player last played expressly agrees otherwise" - CBA excerpt regarding "withholding services"

So I'm wondering if that bold verbiage means period as far as his next team, or only if it's during the duration of what the contract was supposed to be..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

this f'n clown
    All them clowns.

We want a trade.
    We so injured because they ed up we got a new doctor.
    We ain't got time to watch the playoffs we gotta rehab.
    We want a trade to the Lakers.
    Oh wait, we 100% healthy.
    Maybe we want a trade to other teams.
    We will only re-sign with the Lakers next year.
    We will holdout this .
    Magic got damn trade what they want.
    Ok, Clippers it is.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Chandler a top 20 player?
    Wasn't looking at Chandler .. Just the 1st from Denver.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh my gosh... my own sister argues like that.
    I don't really blame her. She's an abused woman that goes back to her abuser.
    You sit back and let some guy abuse your sister? What a pussy

Thread Information