Page 478 of 745 FirstFirst ... 378428468474475476477478479480481482488528578 ... LastLast
Results 11,926 to 11,950 of 18607
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATFO has no right or business getting into a player’s course of dealing with shoes, clothes, etc. just plain re ed if true.
    I would imagine it's also against the CBA (just a guess).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Kawhi really wants out badly, he just needs to help the Spurs. Put immense pressure on LA to cough up a legit deal or tell them you have lost me.

That or expand your list of teams to a couple more and SA will get a good deal and you will be gone. But if you really want LA, get on the Lakers and tell them to stop messing around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Next he’ll complain about his lack of speaking roles in HEB commercials
    parker had the same kind of roles but his were a hundred times worse.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi, blink twice if you want to remain a Spur.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn’t think that the spurs would want to cost their star player endorsement $$$$ by telling him that he can’t endorse a product. If Leonard isn’t getting the endorsements it is probably because he has shown no personality.
    I don't think it's a complete blacklist of certain products. They just are encouraged to focus on local companies like HEB, Car Dealerships, etc.

Our other players like Duncan.or TP have all had national commercials before, so it's not like a complete no no, as I said.

But my memory also recalls hearing Spurs players are discouraged of doing commercials of certain brands not conducive to the Spurs image.

I disagree completely with this FYI

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whatever. SL game is about to start on NBA TV. Wanna watch Derrick White again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi knows that if he goes to the Lakers, it will be on a non-Bird FA deal, with fewer years, and lower raises, since LeBron put the young players off limits, basically ing any trade. He also won’t be able to recruit teammates to his new agency. LeBron and Klutch will suck all of the air out of the room. That’s what’s behind the newfound interest in the Clippers. Oh, and while he can refuse a physical before a trade to any team, he cannot refuse one after, and if anything shows up, the trade can be nullified. Other teams are covered.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Kawhi really wants out badly, he just needs to help the Spurs. Put immense pressure on LA to cough up a legit deal or tell them you have lost me.

That or expand your list of teams to a couple more and SA will get a good deal and you will be gone. But if you really want LA, get on the Lakers and tell them to stop messing around.

Basic strategy which Leonard's group doesn't seem able to grasp: make it easier for the Spurs to deal you and you are more likely to get what you want. Too bad the Donald Sterling Clippers circa 1986 aren't still around. Hate Spurs team rules? How about paying for and having to bring your own damn socks?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this Kawhi trying to win the PR battle on his reputation by saying that he doesn't want to be on a superteam in LA, but rather, he wants to beat Lebron's superteam?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think it's a complete blacklist of certain products. They just are encouraged to focus on local companies like HEB, Car Dealerships, etc.

Our other players like Duncan.or TP have all had national commercials before, so it's not like a complete no no, as I said.

But my memory also recalls hearing Spurs players are discouraged of doing commercials of certain brands not conducive to the Spurs image.

I disagree completely with this FYI
    Sounds like something that could be worked out. Is Uncle Dumbass eyeing sex toys in addition to shoes though?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this Kawhi trying to win the PR battle on his reputation by saying that he doesn't want to be on a superteam in LA, but rather, he wants to beat Lebron's superteam?
    Seems like desperation, not able to force the Spurs to do a deal with the Lakers, now it's on to the Clips.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like something that could be worked out. Is Uncle Dumbass eyeing sex toys in addition to shoes though?
    He can himself with his Klaw branded dildos

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATFO has no right or business getting into a player’s course of dealing with shoes, clothes, etc. just plain re ed if true.
    I can't imagine the CBA would allow the team to interfere in endorsements. I mean you have seen players advertising total scams like electromagnetic wristbands before.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uncle blew this pretty badly. Nephew might be a Laker next year but that team looks like a total mess.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a max player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This sounds like a reach. Of course, would we expect Uncle D to not explore sketchy endorsements?

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Seems like desperation, not able to force the Spurs to do a deal with the Lakers, now it's on to the Clips.
    To be fair, Kawhi's interest in the Clippers has been widely reported since he first requested a trade. That isn't new.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds more like he'll say the Clippers are where he really wanted to go so out of spite the Spurs trade him to the Lakers instead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The endorsement complaint is grasping for straws. Just say he wants to play in LA. Every team has rules and bull . Every team has teammates you don't really care for. Fine, go play in LA, how about not destroying your trade value first, dumbass?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs went from the Naval Academy (graduate) to Wake Forrest (graduate) to San Diego State (nongraduate) . . . .

The result is, unfortunately, indubitable . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds more like he'll say the Clippers are where he really wanted to go so out of spite the Spurs trade him to the Lakers instead.
    Anyways, that guy. Anyone singlehandedly trying to force the Spurs to trade their best player to the Lakers can go himself, tbh. This forum is way nicer than I would've expected in this situation. I guess it's 2018 and not 1988.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heard kawhi looked for teamates with shooting and defensive minded players during his selection of teams he wants to plwy for. Done deal though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs went from the Naval Academy (graduate) to Wake Forrest (graduate) to San Diego State (nongraduate) . . . .

The result is, unfortunately, indubitable . . .
    It's this generation of players tbh. Spurs need to change their mindset of they want to stay relevant. That's just the way it is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's this generation of players tbh. Spurs need to change their mindset of they want to stay relevant. That's just the way it is.
    Yup. Modern say players need modern day treatment

David Beat Me Up :(
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/...source=twitter

However, according to Larry Coon (The CBA FAQ Godfather and about as plugged-in of an individual as there is around the NBA) during an appearance on Spectrum Sportsnet, the Spurs are asking for a lot more than just Kuzma or Ingram:

“From what I hear they’re asking a lot. My sources are saying Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart, Kyle Kuzma, two firsts and two pick swaps... They’re just saying give us everything.”

Thread Information