Page 48 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 2370
    Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's already getting obsessed with Jalen Hood-Schifino in this draft.
    I was high on Mikael Bridges and wanted the Spurs to target him in a trade when he got drafted. he turned out pretty good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's already getting obsessed with Jalen Hood-Schifino in this draft.
    That kid is going to be good.
    He doesn't have enough burst.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe spurs would still take Sochan in this redraft.
    Agreed. I have no qualms with the pick now or then. This draft had alot of high end role player talent.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He doesn't have enough burst.
    He's fine going to the basket.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duren was the better pick for the Spurs instead of Sochan. Duren looks like a young David Robinson.
    No he wasn't. Duren is closer to a shorter, less dominant Dwight Howard than David Robinson. In an era where those traits are nowhere near as important as they used to be. Duren's ceiling is capped to poor man's Dwight Howard / rich man's Andre Drummond... Sochan can be much more than that. In fact, Duren is probably not even the top center in his class, that honor goes to Kessler, which is probably the one true miss on the Spurs board (not blaming them, I didn't see it either).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's fine going to the basket.
    Not enough athleticism. Can't be a no. 1 option. Not exciting. Won't make many all stars.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    David was better when he entered the league, clear number 1 pick. He was older. Duren has room to grow that's why I said a young David Robinson (at 19).
    He dropped 30 and 17 on the Spurs
    but d rob could jump 3 times as high as duren

was 3 times as fast as duren

and was built to run and jump and had the strength to hold his ground against shaq
    duren has 1/100th of daves talent

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    please stop

malaki might end up being ok

But he is so far- pretty ing below average and needs to work on his long range shooting

he IS better than that other scrub- wesley something or other- but please stop making him out to be anything other than a below avgg rookie
    He has an excellent chance to be rookie of the month for February, leading all rookies in scoring so far. if you’ve watched games this year, he’s made huge leaps since the beginning of the year, kind of like what he did at OSU last year. Long range shooting is only one facet of the game, and judging by his 78% FTs, it’ll be there. He shot 41.5% at OSU. Devin had similar numbers at FSU over his two years, and struggled his first two years here, shooting 35 and 36% before returning to his college numbers, shooting 40% this year.

The things Malaki does in the half court, seeking out, or creating space for himself to shoot off the bounce, are so far beyond what he should be doing as a rookie. When he’s in motion to score, he doesn’t over dribble, and he doesn’t pickup his dribble until he’s rising up to shoot. If you’re not watching the games, and only looking at his ulative stats, that might explain your puzzling take.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess if you compare Branham to, like, Jimmy Butler, he's below average. But what he's showed in the last couple months as a rookie is remarkable by any measure and he's making a case that he probably should have been a top 10 pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess if you compare Branham to, like, Jimmy Butler, he's below average. But what he's showed in the last couple months as a rookie is remarkable by any measure and he's making a case that he probably should have been a top 10 pick.
    Jimmy Butler:
    1st season (22 y.o): 2.6 pts, 1.3 rb, 40.5 fg%, 8.8 mpg
    2nd season (23 y.o): 8.6 pts, 4.0 rb, 46.7 fg%, 26 mpg
    3rd season (24 y.o): 13.1 pts, 4.9 rb, 39.7 fg%, 38.7 mpg

Malaki Branham:
    1st season (19 y.o): 9.1 pts, 2.1 rb, 1.9 as, 44.5 fg%, 31.5 3p%, 22 mpg
    Last 10 games: 15.6 pts, 3.7 rb, 2.6 as, 49.2 fg%, 36.5 3p%, 29.9 mpg

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

and was built to run and jump and had the strength to hold his ground against shaq
    Not at 19 he wasn't able to hold up against Shaq. David was older when he came into the league.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has an excellent chance to be rookie of the month for February, leading all rookies in scoring so far. if you’ve watched games this year, he’s made huge leaps since the beginning of the year, kind of like what he did at OSU last year. Long range shooting is only one facet of the game, and judging by his 78% FTs, it’ll be there. He shot 41.5% at OSU. Devin had similar numbers at FSU over his two years, and struggled his first two years here, shooting 35 and 36% before returning to his college numbers, shooting 40% this year.

The things Malaki does in the half court, seeking out, or creating space for himself to shoot off the bounce, are so far beyond what he should be doing as a rookie. When he’s in motion to score, he doesn’t over dribble, and he doesn’t pickup his dribble until he’s rising up to shoot. If you’re not watching the games, and only looking at his ulative stats, that might explain your puzzling take.
    I watch the games -

just not impressed with branham - and yes he has improved as the season went along but i am still not impressed.

Maybe next season he will improve enough to not suck but we aren't there yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I really hate watching him hit all those shots.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

When he came into the league but not at 19.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When he came into the league but not at 19.

wrong

he was doing it all in the navy

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No he wasn't. Duren is closer to a shorter, less dominant Dwight Howard than David Robinson. In an era where those traits are nowhere near as important as they used to be. Duren's ceiling is capped to poor man's Dwight Howard / rich man's Andre Drummond... Sochan can be much more than that. In fact, Duren is probably not even the top center in his class, that honor goes to Kessler, which is probably the one true miss on the Spurs board (not blaming them, I didn't see it either).
    I wanted Kessler....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wanted Kessler....
    Right, but then you can't take Malaki Branham if you take Walker Kessler. Right now it's at least a toss up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wanted Kessler....
    But did you want Sochan? and Branham? Because he'd come at the expense of one of those 2, and I'm very high on them as well. In an ideal world we could have landed another pick, trade up from 25, or whatever... but that's hindsight + fantasy, not reality. All in all, we did great.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I watch the games -

just not impressed with branham - and yes he has improved as the season went along but i am still not impressed.

Maybe next season he will improve enough to not suck but we aren't there yet.
    Branham is not the fastest, does not have the quick 1st step, not the most athletic. So sure he’s not gonna pop out, but he has the old man’s game, just knows how to score - and at 19 yrs old. When he gets another year or two of experience, getting NBA strong, I’d be very excited what he could do.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Branham is not the fastest, does not have the quick 1st step, not the most athletic. So sure he’s not gonna pop out, but he has the old man’s game, just knows how to score - and at 19 yrs old. When he gets another year or two of experience, getting NBA strong, I’d be very excited what he could do.
    hoping you are correct…

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s a lot to be said for the old man game in the NBA. Luka and the Joker basically play like 36-year-olds even though they’re in their 20s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s a lot to be said for the old man game in the NBA. Luka and the Joker basically play like 36-year-olds even though they’re in their 20s.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give me skill over speed every time! Branham is super nice ( sneaky athletic ) and composed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information