Page 49 of 376 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 9382
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully they send your boyfriend and LMA for him, SAGirl. That would be the greatest thing since #5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow - Lakers shed 23M in salary and get a first round pick. BKY must really love Russell to do that deal. Could end up being solid for both if Russell continues to progress.

But as of now, for the 18/19 season LA only has guaranteed salaries of 30.5M (with Deng/Clarkson being the only guaranteed deals) and total salaries (with options/qualifying offers) of 47.5M (with Ingram, Randle, Nance, Zubac & Nwaba). Tons of flexibility now.
    I shared elsewhere Russel was very much scouted by Spurs when Sean Marks was still in the FO
    Spurs liked him back then. He's been rotting away in Lakers...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow - Lakers shed 23M in salary and get a first round pick. BKY must really love Russell to do that deal. Could end up being solid for both if Russell continues to progress.

But as of now, for the 18/19 season LA only has guaranteed salaries of 30.5M (with Deng/Clarkson being the only guaranteed deals) and total salaries (with options/qualifying offers) of 47.5M (with Ingram, Randle, Nance, Zubac & Nwaba). Tons of flexibility now.
    What about Lopez salary?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about Lopez salary?
    Lopez's deal ends next year IIRC..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's correct. This is all about getting into position to get PG13 and LeBron.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Correct.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Correct.

If Ingram progresses into the talent he could be... three elite wings on one team could be very lethal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am just surprised BKY had to give up a pick while eating Mozgov's salary to get Randle. Obviously Brook was expiring and there was no point in probably bringing him back.

So they got a young guard they like that is on reasonable deal right now for Brook. But had to give up a first round pick and eat Mozgov's 47M

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully they send your boyfriend and LMA for him, SAGirl. That would be the greatest thing since #5.
    I imagine save Kawhi and Tony (lol) everyone is game to be traded. He's originally from NY, I don't think he'd hate that and he's going to be a FA after that one year. It's not like he'd be traded to a badly managed organization in a long term deal. Minutes could help his FA case too.

I do doubt he's just going to be thrown in a trade just to get rid of him though. The acquiring team probably has to want him--ask for him by name... do you see that happening? No? Ok. Suck up your sourpuss then lol

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Correct.

Danny, I'd take Randle in heartbeat. He's raw but his talent is undeniable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am just surprised BKY had to give up a pick while eating Mozgov's salary to get Randle. Obviously Brook was expiring and there was no point in probably bringing him back.

So they got a young guard they like that is on reasonable deal right now for Brook. But had to give up a first round pick and eat Mozgov's 47M
    I actually think Marks likes Russell that much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I wouldn't be shocked to see Mozgov do all right in Brooklyn. In a friendly system, he's good enough to be their starting five. So now they have Lin, Russell, RHJ, Booker and Mozgov with LeVert and their first to build around. And they can deal with Portland to get that pick back and take on Turner or Leonard.

It's not a great team, but I do think a good coach could get them sniffing the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't be shocked to see Mozgov do all right in Brooklyn. In a friendly system, he's good enough to be their starting five. So now they have Lin, Russell, RHJ, Booker and Mozgov with LeVert and their first to build around. And they can deal with Portland to get that pick back and take on Turner or Leonard.

It's not a great team, but I do think a good coach could get them sniffing the playoffs.
    Sniff if they have really strong senses of smell

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's quite possible there was compe ion for Russell... We never know the bidding or who else was interested. What else was in the table for Russell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Ingram progresses into the talent he could be... three elite wings on one team could be very lethal.
    IF. Ingram looks like a piece of so far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yep, Lakers clearly won this trade. I hope Sean will give us a deal, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually think Marks likes Russell that much.
    He didn't have. Much of a choice tbh.. He inherited an awful situation and taking on a bad deal is about the only way to try to get talent.

We will see if it works out or not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ya - this is obviously the strategy now: Take on bad deals with your space to get high upside talent or picks back. Tough road and a lot has to go right, but damn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He didn't have. Much of a choice tbh.. He inherited an awful situation and taking on a bad deal is about the only way to try to get talent.

We will see if it works out or not.
    No... he didn't, but I still think he liked Russell a whole of a lot and probably will sleep well tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IF. Ingram looks like a piece of so far.
    Yeah... it's a big IF. People say the Next Kevin Durant. Durant looked like he was going to be a monster his 1st year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's quite possible there was compe ion for Russell... We never know the bidding or who else was interested. What else was in the table for Russell.
    We do know. Now that we know Russ was on the block (which we knew, but now we KNOW): 1) INDY could have easily gotten him and didn't & 2) Its been reported by credible sources that no teams with a lottery pick wanted Russell. That surprised LA so they turned to using Russ to dump a bad deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No... he didn't, but I still think he liked Russell a whole of a lot and probably will sleep well tonight.
    Oh I agree. He's happy. He should be. He has to gamble and this was reasonable. I hate that they gave up the pick, but that it's.

But this is a win-win for both teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But he'd have to get a hair cut an shave!!! I'm a black man so I can say that. Lol That happy on his head an face gotta go.
    No way. Heck, I want Elfrid Payton!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We do know. Now that we know Russ was on the block (which we knew, but now we KNOW): 1) INDY could have easily gotten him and didn't & 2) Its been reported by credible sources that no teams with a lottery pick wanted Russell. That surprised LA so they turned to using Russ to dump a bad deal.
    I think his kid-like at ude turns a lot of teams off.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1.) Brooklyn is willing to take on bad deals to help other teams for future assets. Might mean they're looking to spend money to provide salary relief for teams vs. signing FAs to crazy offer sheets. Simmons being one.

2.) A few have mentioned it, but Philly and Brooklyn are all but out of the PG FA market. Could mean Lowry/Hill/Holliday all become slightly more attainable

3.) This is all about the Lakers signaling to other teams - we have a plan and will have max space for PG13. Trade at your own risk - he's coming to us. Could push down Pacers' return. Not to mention they have salary to match now in Lopez for Pacers that isn't an albatross.

Thread Information