Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even though he might have still had another season of respectable play left in him (though at 41, any season could have been the one he's completely finished), as I've alluded to throughout the off season, it was time.

All three of the biggest 3 left at the right time. I'll never be as emotionally invested in a group of athletes as I was in them, but I actually believe it was best to essentially have it all end in one fell swoop. No more being in a holding pattern, delaying the inevitable, just rip the bandage off and start anew.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The great news is that he retired at the top of his game, being a Spur for life, tbh, like Timmy D...

He didn't have to go chase some checks to some other ty team then try to fleece the FO with another comeback contract.

If you're a Spurs fan first, it's those little things you gotta appreciate, tbh...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For being 40 and playing on a team that was missing their superstar, Manu played great. He was a bright spot in this dim season. It still hasn't hit me. When it does I'm gonna. E sad.

Thread Information