Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Lottery Pick
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    "Cheney's got a gun."

Yeah, I know. Watch out for that crazy SUM !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was watching duck hunting on tv the other day was was like "damn dude watch out".
    You watch duck hunting on TV?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    link

So tonight in the taped interview, Cheney will admit to having had a beer. Interesting, that's what often the position of people stopped for DWI say.

Cheney on TV: Takes Blame for Shooting But 'Unapologetic' About Aftermath, Admits Drinking One Beer at Lunch

By Joe Strupp and Greg Mitc

Published: February 15, 2006 3:45 PM ET

NEW YORK In an exclusive interview with Fox News' Brit Hume this afternoon, Vice President Cheney took full responsibility for shooting his hunting companion, who has until now been pictured as the guilty party. The interview will not air in full until 6 p.m., but according to Hume, in summarizing the contents, the vice president remained "totally unapologetic" about the long lag in reporting the shooting to the public -- and also said that he had consumed one beer at lunch that day.
    Speaking on camera and disclosing some of the unaired footage, Hume said Cheney was "utterly unapologetic" about the reporting lag but "a shaken man" in his interview. In comments on the cable channel just minutes after ending a 25-minute interview with Cheney, Hume described the encounter as revealing, but with little contrition on Cheney's part.

"He didn’t blame anyone else, he blamed himself [for the shooting]," Hume told Fox's Shepard Smith during a brief conversation. "But he didn't take blame for the way it was handled…the White House press corps be damned."

Hume indicated that Cheney called last Saturday's accidental shooting "one of the worst days of my life," but that the vice president was certain that he handled it correctly by waiting nearly a day to make it public. He also revealed that Cheney disclosed having a beer with lunch that day, but stressed that it was several hours before the shooting occurred.

Ranch owner Katharine Armstrong has said no one hunting that day had any beer. The Los Angeles Times reported on Tuesday that it had been told that the hunters that day "broke for a lunch of antelope, jicama salad and camp bread, washed down with Dr. Pepper." Armstrong later modified her remarks, saying there may have been beer in coolers but she didn't think anyone who was hunting that day had any.

CNN today reports that Armstrong had told CNN she never saw Cheney or Whittington "drink at all on the day of the shooting until after the accident occurred, when the vice president fixed himself a tail back at the house."

"Ultimately I'm the guy who pulled the trigger, that fired the round that hit Harry," Cheney said in his Hume interview. "I'm the guy who pulled the trigger and shot my friend, and that's something I'll never forget....

"The image of him falling is something I will never be able to get out my mind," Cheney said, somberly. "It was one of the worst days of my life."

After days of White House and other administraton offiicials, and Katharine Armstrong, faulting the victim, Cheney said, "It was not Harry's fault. You cannot blame anybody else."

Whittington was in stable condition on Wednesday, hospital officials said earlier on Wednesday. But the 78-year-old was moved back into the intensive care unit because of concerns for his privacy.

Cheney said he agreed that ranch owner Armstrong should make the story public, because she was an eyewitness, because she grew up on the ranch and because she is "an acknowledged expert in all of this" as a past head of the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department. He also agreed with her decision to choose the local newspaper as the way to get the news out.

"I thought that made good sense because you can get as accurate a story as possible from somebody who knew and understood hunting and then it would immediately go up to the wires and be posted on the Web site, which is the way it went out and I thought that was the right call," Cheney said.

"What do you think now?" Hume asked.

"I still do," Cheney responded. "The accuracy was enormously important. I had no press person with me."

NBC News called the vice president’s office for comment four times Tuesday and Wednesday, it disclosed today, and asked whether the vice president or anyone in the hunting party had consumed any alcohol on Saturday prior to the accident. In an e-mail statement Wednesday to NBC News, the vice president’s press secretary referred NBC News to the Kenedy County Sheriff’s Department report on the incident, which said it did not believe alcohol use was a factor in the shooting.

At a news conference Wednesday outside Whittington’s hospital in Corpus Christi, reporters asked hospital officials whether Whittington’s blood-alcohol level had been tested. The officials responded with a "no comment."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brit Hume has been trying to make Cheney look good. He's been on Fox saying was unapologetic about how the news was spread, but took responsibility for the shooting.

Brit says noone cares about this in America and it was a private matter.
    Cheney had is so easy,

whata coward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's just an accident.

Sheeezz

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and he tried to hide it.

Lottery Pick
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    and he tried to hide it.

SUM DIDN'T TRY TO HIDE FROM ME!!!

(Flesh wound my ASS!)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This just in:

Halliburton got the contract to remove the birdshot from Whittington[/rimshot]

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This just in:

Halliburton got the contract to remove the birdshot from Whittington[/rimshot]

This just in,

2 tons of prozac and vallium have been hijacked from a medical plant.

in other news, looney liberals are churning more conspiracy theories at an alarming rate!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and he tried to hide it.

from who?
    the people that really matter,....
    the family of whittington, and law enforcement,

Or,

the self serving press wanting to make a buck off the story?

Sleeping With The Original Axis of Evil hussker's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SUM DIDN'T TRY TO HIDE FROM ME!!!

(Flesh wound my ASS!)
    He could not hide it from EVERYONE!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brit Hume has been trying to make Cheney look good. He's been on Fox saying was unapologetic about how the news was spread, but took responsibility for the shooting.

Brit says noone cares about this in America and it was a private matter.
    Cheney had is so easy,

whata coward.
    Hmmmm, sounds like ALL the news media when Clinton got caught doing
    his thing(y) with Monica. Clinton had it so easy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and he tried to hide it.
    Yeah, that's why he had the guy sent to the Hospital in the backwaters
    of Corpus Christi. Instead of "I don't hunt birds with that guy".

Tell me one more time how he tried to hide it. Big time news people got
    their pants in a wad cause the CallerTimes got the story first. And their
    outlets had to pay someone else for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What the heck did I recently say about Haliburton?

Not that I don't think horribly of them.
    Part of the article you posted:

"Anne Armstrong served on the board of directors of Halliburton, the oil field service company Cheney ran before becoming vice president. She also served as U.S. ambassador to Britain in the Ford administration."

Or is it that you don't read what you post. So quit frowning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Xray, why do you say such stupid things? Being old, I thought you'd be smart enough to not be a kid and twist things.

He DID try to hide it. It is a fact that Armstrong 1st reported to news people that Her and Cheney didn't discuss telling the media.

She later then changed her story that she did. That's fishy, no matter how you spin it.

She also said that noone drank any alcohol, later Cheney admitted he had ONE, obviously he thought that would get out, and I'm sure it was just ONE, .

The Secret Service stopped the police from talking to Cheney the day of and don't give me this spin crap that they were in contact with them the day of,
    because we both know that's a load of crap.

Being in contact is NOT the same as being questioned in PERSON like me, you, or anyone else would have to, if we had shot someone in the face.

Funny how Cheney talked to them at a time under His terms after the alcohol went thru his system and didn't even have the common courtesy to go with the friend he shot in the face to the hospital, since He was sooooo worried about it.

Sounds like a man who was trying to hide it and didn't want anyone to know he was drinking as well. Oh, and Halliburton does suck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^Secret Service are the police, in case you are interested. Did you read
    Carlos Guerra this morning? Interesting. If you haven't read him.

And quit calling me old. I am young at heart and could give you a good game at golf.
    What is your handicap?

Talk is cheap and so is Holt! Peter's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Xray, why do you say such stupid things? Being old, I thought you'd be smart enough to not be a kid and twist things.

He DID try to hide it. It is a fact that Armstrong 1st reported to news people that Her and Cheney didn't discuss telling the media.

She later then changed her story that she did. That's fishy, no matter how you spin it.

She also said that noone drank any alcohol, later Cheney admitted he had ONE, obviously he thought that would get out, and I'm sure it was just ONE, .

The Secret Service stopped the police from talking to Cheney the day of and don't give me this spin crap that they were in contact with them the day of,
    because we both know that's a load of crap.

Being in contact is NOT the same as being questioned in PERSON like me, you, or anyone else would have to, if we had shot someone in the face.

Funny how Cheney talked to them at a time under His terms after the alcohol went thru his system and didn't even have the common courtesy to go with the friend he shot in the face to the hospital, since He was sooooo worried about it.

Sounds like a man who was trying to hide it and didn't want anyone to know he was drinking as well. Oh, and Halliburton does suck.

Look out man! The black helicopters are coming! Put on your tin foil hat and run for cover!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^Secret Service are the police, in case you are interested. Did you read
    Carlos Guerra this morning? Interesting. If you haven't read him.

And quit calling me old. I am young at heart and could give you a good game at golf.
    What is your handicap?
    Secret Service ARE the Police?

Yea, Cheney's Police. There to protect HIM.

Not local authorities that you and I would have to speak to if we shot someone in the face. I thought you'd ignore the contradictions in their stories and how they have been changing over the past four or five days.

And my handi-cap is responding to your craziness. You can't ever admit to anything. I actually can say I hate alot of how "dimmo-craps" present themselves and things they do or don't do. I am liberal, but not democrat btw.

But you and some others just have this disgusting blind Bush love no matter how obvious and bad his lies are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look out man! The black helicopters are coming! Put on your tin foil hat and run for cover!
    Funny Peter, your post didn't change the truth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Secret Service ARE the Police?

Yea, Cheney's Police. There to protect HIM.

Not local authorities that you and I would have to speak to if we shot someone in the face. I thought you'd ignore the contradictions in their stories and how they have been changing over the past four or five days.

And my handi-cap is responding to your craziness. You can't ever admit to anything. I actually can say I hate alot of how "dimmo-craps" present themselves and things they do or don't do. I am liberal, but not democrat btw.

But you and some others just have this disgusting blind Bush love no matter how obvious and bad his lies are.
    Sheesh, you are in a bad mood this morning. Did you have a bad night,
    last night? I haven't seen any inconsistencies in his story. And
    laughing at the Secret Service as a law enforcement agency is dumb.
    And if you think so, try printing your own money. About local law
    enforcement is that they had no reason to rush right out and take a
    report, like I said there was already law enforcement on the scene and
    witness to the accident. I am sure that it would not have changed
    your opinion one bit if they had gone out, they would have gotten their
    report from the same people, so it was tainted to begin with, right?

And him going to the hospital would have served no purpose other than
    bring a train load of reporters to the hospital, right what the person
    who had been shot needed right. Same as if they had notified the
    National Press. You ever been around a big story when it was breaking?
    I have and let me tell you something, it isn't pleasant. Most reporters
    are dumb as a doorknob, self-serving and an image in their own mind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sheesh, you are in a bad mood this morning. Did you have a bad night,
    last night? I haven't seen any inconsistencies in his story. And
    laughing at the Secret Service as a law enforcement agency is dumb.
    And if you think so, try printing your own money. About local law
    enforcement is that they had no reason to rush right out and take a
    report, like I said there was already law enforcement on the scene and
    witness to the accident. I am sure that it would not have changed
    your opinion one bit if they had gone out, they would have gotten their
    report from the same people, so it was tainted to begin with, right?

And him going to the hospital would have served no purpose other than
    bring a train load of reporters to the hospital, right what the person
    who had been shot needed right. Same as if they had notified the
    National Press. You ever been around a big story when it was breaking?
    I have and let me tell you something, it isn't pleasant. Most reporters
    are dumb as a doorknob, self-serving and an image in their own mind.
    What a way to spin it. I was at you for saying they were the police, Because obviously they are there to protect Him and His interests.

And both their stories were conflicting. As to if they actually agreed or not to release the story and whether or not he was drinking. Yea, that stuff. But I'm sure you already read that earlier.

Talk is cheap and so is Holt! Peter's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...and after Cheney shot Whittington, he wiped his shotgun for prints and then called in a black ops team to dispose of the witnesses. No word on if Halliburton has that contract.

You need to get out more, SA210.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your sarcasm and spin, don't, in anyway, change the lies and deceit of this administration and never will, so keep trying. Won't change anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^SA210,

piece of advice.

Stick to making up conspiracies about substantive issues, not some hunting accident.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You watch duck hunting on TV?

WTF you stupid asshole? You think someone has to duck hunt to be a hunter?

And what's wrong with watching Outdoors TV? you liberal gun hater mother er.

Thread Information