Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought the new CBA was supposed to solve problems, or rather abuses, such as these.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SC, trollin' hard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Side Note for gnsfs: Historically, Sportcamper has one of the better senses of humor in this place.

Her comments should be taken as such.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/81...re-free-agency

You can all put your razors back up for now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand why anybody would act alerted by anything Chris Broussard says. The only "source" that re uses is his own ass, where he pulls this "information" from.

First of all, Dwight has zero pull in where he goes anymore. The Magic are just trying to get anything for him at this point. They should have traded him last year for prospects and draft picks like the Jazz did with Deron and the Nuggets did with Carmelo. Both teams got a of a lot back for both guys. Imo, they got well over what each player was even worth.

The Magic, in the "infinite wisdom", thought they'd be able to get even more than two of the most lopsided mid-season trades in the last 5 years at least. . .possibly last 10-15 years. Lopsided, at least in terms of cheap young talent and good draft picks given up for a dude they could've just signed as a free agent a short time later.

So the Magic didn't pull the trigger, re-signed Howard for another season thinking they'd get better offers next year, and WHOOPS, Dwight Howard throws his back out, has to get surgeory, will miss most of the season right up until shortly before the trade deadline where he certainly won't look great before then, and has topped off the sundae by running his mouth about how he won't sign a long term deal with anyone but teams that have nothing but garbage to offer in return. . .scaring off most potential trade suiters.

Good job Orlando. Biggest front office fail in awhile. We should make a thread about the biggest front office fails of this millenium and see how high this one ranks. It's probably top 5 at least.

I'm your huckleberry K-State Spur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the Magic didn't pull the trigger, re-signed Howard for another season thinking they'd get better offers next year, and WHOOPS, Dwight Howard throws his back out, has to get surgeory, will miss most of the season right up until shortly before the trade deadline where he certainly won't look great before then, and has topped off the sundae by running his mouth about how he won't sign a long term deal with anyone but teams that have nothing but garbage to offer in return. . .scaring off most potential trade suiters.
    1) What better deal was out there for them during the year last year? For the most part, the rumors we were hearing then are the same rumors we have heard this offseason.

2) I don't think the Magic thought they'd get a better haul - I think they thought they still had a chance to keep their franchise player long term. DHo opting in for this year would appear to show that he did have interest in remaining with ORL. Unfortunately, they're dealing with one of the more fickle personalities the league has seen in the past decade or so, and he changes his mind a few weeks later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Chris Broussard ever right about anything?

Thread Information