Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    hopefully this puts an end to some of the unnecessary post-combine Kevin White hype. Cooper was already clearly the superior prospect and this should just cement it

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    Yeah just from watching the two....I can't see White being "better" than Cooper.

But with the Raiders...EVERYBODY said that Crabtree was the better player and they scooped up DHB instead.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Unless a guy runs track (like a lot of them have) I don't put much in 40 times for wide receivers, far more important for backs. Jerry Rice, Chris Carter, weren't burners. Getting in and out of cuts far more important than just zoom.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Unless a guy runs track (like a lot of them have) I don't put much in 40 times for wide receivers, far more important for backs. Jerry Rice, Chris Carter, weren't burners. Getting in and out of cuts far more important than just zoom.
    I agree. I barely take 40 times into account... the tape usually tells it all. But unfortunately, the same can't be said for team's talent evaluators. They strive for a prediction system that can be completely quantified. Height, weight, hand size, vertical jump etc. If you can quantify everything, it makes their job easier and makes the pick selection process feel like its less random and more in their control... unfortunately, true evaluation comes from tape study, which is very subjective due to variables between teams. Cooper's college situation, for example, was quite different than White's. Different offenses, QB's, coaches... so it makes the process challenging. But that's just how it is.

Cooper blows everybody away on tape, and Kevin White was getting a lot of attention because of his "advantage" on the 40 yard dash. Now that we know Cooper was just as fast, hopefully this will remove the unwarranted Kevin White hype and safely put Cooper back atop the WR totem pole in this year's draft.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Yeah just from watching the two....I can't see White being "better" than Cooper.

But with the Raiders...EVERYBODY said that Crabtree was the better player and they scooped up DHB instead.
    Yeah, I think Cooper > White and it's really not close. White is entirely limited to straight line lines. Fly routes, short hitches/comebacks, and bubble screens. Outs, slants, posts, crosses, double moves are not his forte. His only real advantage over Cooper his he is about 1.5 inches taller and has a higher vert (not that 38" is anything special when it comes to NFL receivers. It's solid though).

That was during the Al Davis era... he was fascinated with having the best athletes, not necessarily the best football players. DBH sucked but Crabtree hasn't really panned out. Maclin has become the best receiver out of that class. Harvin is great too but oft injured. Nicks has flamed out, Britt has been up and down.

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    Yeah, I think Cooper > White and it's really not close. White is entirely limited to straight line lines. Fly routes, short hitches/comebacks, and bubble screens. Outs, slants, posts, crosses, double moves are not his forte. His only real advantage over Cooper his he is about 1.5 inches taller and has a higher vert (not that 38" is anything special when it comes to NFL receivers. It's solid though).

That was during the Al Davis era... he was fascinated with having the best athletes, not necessarily the best football players. DBH sucked but Crabtree hasn't really panned out. Maclin has become the best receiver out of that class. Harvin is great too but oft injured. Nicks has flamed out, Britt has been up and down.
    Yeah I can't see the Raiders not going Cooper over White. He played against better compe ion in college and was damn near unstoppable most games. But this is all assuming that the Raider go WR with their pick....

You're right...that was during the Al Davis era and the guy did have a fascination with speed in general. Shame what happened to Kenny Britt...the dude definitely had potential...just couldn't stay out of trouble. Sad really....

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I agree. I barely take 40 times into account... the tape usually tells it all. But unfortunately, the same can't be said for team's talent evaluators. They strive for a prediction system that can be completely quantified. Height, weight, hand size, vertical jump etc. If you can quantify everything, it makes their job easier and makes the pick selection process feel like its less random and more in their control... unfortunately, true evaluation comes from tape study, which is very subjective due to variables between teams. Cooper's college situation, for example, was quite different than White's. Different offenses, QB's, coaches... so it makes the process challenging. But that's just how it is.

Cooper blows everybody away on tape, and Kevin White was getting a lot of attention because of his "advantage" on the 40 yard dash. Now that we know Cooper was just as fast, hopefully this will remove the unwarranted Kevin White hype and safely put Cooper back atop the WR totem pole in this year's draft.
    It's all about tape in my opinion, all that combine stuff is a joke. Rices 40 time scared some away, we saw how that went. Football is not about the standing broad jump, the bench press etc, it's about intensity and the will to win. Obviously everyone at a combine has talent.

I wouldn't get too carried away with level of opposition however, as you know we've seen tons of great players out of small schools, Jerry Rice/Walter Payton for example.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    DGB is going to Carolina

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    DGB is going to Carolina
    Would be a nice pairing, as we're out of the race for him seeing as how we've traded for The Graham. Trading our 1st rounder for a proven en y makes me feel better about whatever we would've gotten at that spot. In this scenario all that you would need is a speedy slot guy, not sure if you guys have one now. Although, after losing Hardy I'm wondering if they are going to prioritize filling a void there.

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    Never usually advocate reaching for a RB but....One of Melvin or Todd is headed to SD....

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Never usually advocate reaching for a RB but....One of Melvin or Todd is headed to SD....
    Fire Telesco immediately if he wastes a first-round pick on any running back.

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    Fire Telesco immediately if he wastes a first-round pick on any running back.
    Fire Telesco immediately if he pussys out and passes up on two great talents and drafts a mediocre offensive lineman instead.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    DGB is going to Carolina
    a week ago you said Cooper is going to carolina. 2 weeks ago you said andre johnson is going to carolina

tiquan underwood

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    a week ago you said Cooper is going to carolina. 2 weeks ago you said andre johnson is going to carolina

tiquan underwood
    Bro your team hasn't won 5 games in how many years? Why do you think you're in a position to talk ? And it would take a complete dumbass to take the Amari comment seriously

Underwood would be Oaklands #2

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    DGB is dropping despite his obvious talents did to his off field issues. If he's available and we don't sign Greg Jennings, I don't see us passing on him.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Bro your team hasn't won 5 games in how many years? Why do you think you're in a position to talk ? And it would take a complete dumbass to take the Amari comment seriously

Underwood would be Oaklands #2
    difference between you and me is i'm realistic about my team. i dont go talking to holden's jags either. but you're always hyping your team as something they're not, so your takes deserve to be slammed

the raiders are a bad team, the panthers are better than them right now, but neither is contending or even a playoff caliber team. but hey, the panthers werent playoff caliber last year but they were in the worst division in nfl history

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Lol the Panthers are definitely NFC contenders. Finished off the year strong and have no compe ion in our division. I can see 11-5

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Anyone that watched Carolina, especially how they progressed during the year can see they're only 2-3 pieces away from SB contenders. They have a great foundation with efficient scoring and right defense

Post Count
    Fire Telesco immediately if he pussys out and passes up on two great talents and drafts a mediocre offensive lineman instead.
    Those "two great talents" will be in full decline by age 27 and done by age 30, and that's IF they don't bust like TRich or get injured (Gurley). They also play the most replaceable and least important skill position, one that depends on the O-line when our O-line is trash. Not a smart use of a first-round pick.

Post Count
    Anyone that watched Carolina, especially how they progressed during the year can see they're only 2-3 pieces away from SB contenders. They have a great foundation with efficient scoring and right defense
    7-9 in the tiest division in sports history
    Garbage starting QB
    Ted Ginn being your marquee offseason move
    "2-3 pieces away"

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    7-9 in the tiest division in sports history
    Garbage starting QB
    Ted Ginn being your marquee offseason move
    "2-3 pieces away"
    We need #2 WR, one more good DB, and a LT. That's it. There's no weakness on the team and we will definitely make the playoffs this year.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    And how many other NFC teams are 2-3 pieces away? Look at the Rams, look at the Lions, look at the Eagles, Cowboys, ...the Giants!

The Panthers can't beat the good teams on the road in meaningful games, until that changes you aren't doing .

This "my team" thing you got going is comical, try being realistic, ok? My Niners totally suck right now, ya see I keep it real.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    And how many other NFC teams are 2-3 pieces away? Look at the Rams, look at the Lions, look at the Eagles, Cowboys, ...the Giants!

The Panthers can't beat the good teams on the road in meaningful games, until that changes you aren't doing .
    The NFL expert is basing this off one game in Seattle? How about against ATL and NO, two domes, where we out scored those teams 78-13? Those were must wins on the road to get in the playoffs for both games respectively. Weren't they supposed to be "just as good as us". The team turned around in the last month and gave !Seattle one of a game.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    And the year before that we were 12-4. Our defense is just as dominant, in the last 8 weeks after it was announced Hardy wouldn't be back, they allowed the 3rd least yards, behind Buffalo and Seattle

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    Name these 2-3 pieces you're talking about....

Thread Information