Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Raiders
    Cap Space Champions again
    Absolutely nobody other than washed-up vets wanting to sign in Oakland again
    Philo

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    right, the single biggest reason our secondary didn't massively suck this year like it did the previous 4-5 years. Revis is way more valuable than McCourty.

The only reason people are even trying to compare McCourty's impact to Revis's is because Revis was signed as a free agent while McCourty is a Belichick guy!

Revis took less money to come to NE last year (he had bigger offers), and I'm not sure how Kraft is cheap. He's spent money whenever Belichick has wanted him to, and the Patriots are struggling to get under the cap right now.
    well mccourty is younger and we have no safeties while we have a plethora of corners. Also just signing Revis to the 12M that seems fair money for him, would cost us 17 or so against the cap. It's not as if i want revis to be gone, it's that we don't have the money to keep them. Also i don't see the upside in paying more than the golden standard for the position is, that is Sherman (12.2) and Thomas (7.4).

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    well mccourty is younger and we have no safeties while we have a plethora of corners. Also just signing Revis to the 12M that seems fair money for him, would cost us 17 or so against the cap. It's not as if i want revis to be gone, it's that we don't have the money to keep them. Also i don't see the upside in paying more than the golden standard for the position is, that is Sherman (12.2) and Thomas (7.4).
    we have a plethora if ty corners who have proven they blow at trying to cover #1 receivers. Why do you ignore this when you say "plethora of corners!"?

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    we have a plethora if ty corners who have proven they blow at trying to cover #1 receivers. Why do you ignore this when you say "plethora of corners!"?
    because i don't think it's really relevant, i don't see exactly what is the alternative.. sign revis for a 20M cap hit or pick up his 20M option that would cost us 25M then what?

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    because i don't think it's really relevant, i don't see exactly what is the alternative.. sign revis for a 20M cap hit or pick up his 20M option that would cost us 25M then what?
    so you're saying because premier talent at CB is really expensive then we just need to settle for having a ty secondary that can't stop anyone?

What proof do you have that Revis would need to be signed for a $20MM cap hit? The $5MM cap hit that'll happen for cutting him is a sunk cost either way so it shouldn't factor into any decisions.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    So having elite corners vs average corners is irrelevant? yeah because we won so many les without Ty Law/Asante Samuel. And of course it's not like the entire momentum of two AFC le games shifted when Talib got hurt in them.

You spend the in money for Revis. It's that simple. The only issue is not giving him too many years.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    So having elite corners vs average corners is irrelevant? yeah because we won so many les without Ty Law/Asante Samuel. And of course it's not like the entire momentum of two AFC le games shifted when Talib got hurt in them.

You spend the in money for Revis. It's that simple. The only issue is not giving him too many years.
    But we have a PLETHORA of average corners! Nevermind the fact that you're only allowed to have 11 players on the field so having 4+ corners who suck as starters but play well as nickel/dime corners doesn't ing matter, we have a PLETHORA!

Demaryius Thomas is going to be mind ed by how many different corners he can torch in a single game!

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    so you're saying because premier talent at CB is really expensive then we just need to settle for having a ty secondary that can't stop anyone?

What proof do you have that Revis would need to be signed for a $20MM cap hit? The $5MM cap hit that'll happen for cutting him is a sunk cost either way so it shouldn't factor into any decisions.
    let's not kid ourselves, if he is cut, it resolves in 20M cap savings, if he is resigned at best it could create 8M and i strongly doubt that is even possible considering the jets will make an absurd push, that means we don't even have the money for the rookies. Assuming MCCourty goes away, i really don't see where else could we save money.. the next man up is browner with 5.5 and i don't really see what good would that do, and then aside of mayo, is really just peanuts of cap saving..

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

so you sign him and if he get's injured you throw away the season?

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    let's not kid ourselves, if he is cut, it resolves in 20M cap savings, if he is resigned at best it could create 8M and i strongly doubt that is even possible considering the jets will make an absurd push, that means we don't even have the money for the rookies. Assuming MCCourty goes away, i really don't see where else could we save money.. the next man up is browner with 5.5 and i don't really see what good would that do, and then aside of mayo, is really just peanuts of cap saving..
    If he's resigned with a backloaded contract it would be $10MM cap savings next year, which is totally possible given the contract Sherman recently got as the best CB in the game.

Also...
    cut Dennard and it's $1.5MM cap savings
    cut Homamdfkhjdwkjnedwf or whatever his name is and it's $1.4MM cap savings
    cut Tavon Wilson for $1MM cap savings
    cut Mayo after June 1st and it's $6MM+ cap savings
    cut Amendola after June 1st and it's $4MM+ cap savings

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    so you sign him and if he get's injured you throw away the season?
    by this logic, we should also cut Tom Brady.

Why pay him all that money to just so you throw away the season if he gets injured!!!

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    If he's resigned with a backloaded contract it would be $10MM cap savings next year, which is totally possible given the contract Sherman recently got as the best CB in the game.

Also...
    cut Dennard and it's $1.5MM cap savings
    cut Homamdfkhjdwkjnedwf or whatever his name is and it's $1.4MM cap savings
    cut Tavon Wilson for $1MM cap savings
    cut Mayo after June 1st and it's $6MM+ cap savings
    cut Amendola after June 1st and it's $4MM+ cap savings
    i don't really think he is worthy of being paid as much as sherman, but let's assume he is, i'm perfectly fine with him getting paid that amount. Now i doubt Revis is considering he is going to get a lot more on the market (according to reports which obviously are just reports), he is also at the age where this is likely his last big contract. I don't know, i'd like to think he'll take a discount, but i strongly doubt it and frankly, i wouldn't do it either. Assuming Revis is not possible to sign, i'd rather at least see MCCourty signed, especially since (again, according to reports) on the market there's nothing and the draft class is nonexistent.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    by this logic, we should also cut Tom Brady.

Why pay him all that money to just so you throw away the season if he gets injured!!!
    not really.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Sure it is, both players have an almost identical injury history too.

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    Philly tried throwing 10 mill to Kareem Jackson.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Sure it is, both players have an almost identical injury history too.
    the market is not comparable and there's a different number of roster spots reserved for the position.

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    Suh signing with Miami.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Suh signing with Miami.
    But, but, the Raiders have so much cap space! No way they don't get Suh!

Philo

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

Philo
    Pretty sure he said all along that Miami was the favorite to get him...

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count

Philo
    It doesn't matter, we'll just go and get Co-oh.

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    Philly tried throwing 10 mill to Kareem Jackson.
    Wow! So Jackson gave houston a hometown discount taking $8.5 million

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Harvin and Wilfork to the raiders?

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    Harvin and Wilfork to the raiders?