Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has nothing to do with the Knicks. Morris makes a deal, it's up to him to keep it. Teams have the right to make counter offers.

Rich Paul is like a high end contractor, he will overbid the out of a contract because he can. If they hit he scores big, if they don't he has a lot of fall back room. The role players get ed but most of them are dumb as stumps anyhow. It's like doing business with ing Lenny from Mice and Men.
    Of course it has to do with the Knicks. You don't go after a player after they publicly committed. That's extremely bad precedent for the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully we blow the out of the Knicks this season. Embarrass them like usual.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point the NBA should probably look at contracting the Knicks lol

Also good candidates...
    Twolves
    Grizzlies
    Kings
    Wizards
    Hornets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not in New York last season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually 2 years in a row the Knicks have really rained on our parade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why y'all bringing up old stuff?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why y'all bringing up old stuff?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course it has to do with the Knicks. You don't go after a player after they publicly committed. That's extremely bad precedent for the league.
    He would have done it for any other team though, not just the Knicks. The problem is the CBA needs to be rethought. When there's no good faith, things have to be more comprehensive, teams need to be protected. It's all teams, they all have the ability to do it and they will start doing it because players are deciding they have zero team loyalty now. They've basically said " the fans" because they know bandwagon fans far outnumber loyal fans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He would have done it for any other team though, not just the Knicks. The problem is the CBA needs to be rethought. When there's no good faith, things have to be more comprehensive, teams need to be protected. It's all teams, they all have the ability to do it and they will start doing it because players are deciding they have zero team loyalty now. They've basically said " the fans" because they know bandwagon fans far outnumber loyal fans.
    I don't understand why you think the Knicks have no agency in this.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Doesn't matter. It was clearly a thing for the Knicks to do. Their punishment is that they have to keep being the Knicks.
    They'll be a lot worse with Morris than the Spurs will be without him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't matter. It was clearly a thing for the Knicks to do. Their punishment is that they have to keep being the Knicks.
    They'll be a lot worse with Morris than the Spurs will be without him.
    Sure, but the league office definitely noticed. They can't let franchises making a habit of poaching players after verbal agreements. Maybe they don't do anything -- likely -- but the antennae are up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because it's in their best interest to acquire the best talent they can. If the player can be coaxed into rethinking his decision, as long as it's legal, it's prudent to do so. If I was a Knicks fan I wouldn't think less of my team for going after a player to the detriment of a compe or. However once the player has agreed to something, if he reneges that basically labels him as untrustworthy in negotiations.

Knicks made no deals with SA.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because it's in their best interest to acquire the best talent they can. If the player can be coaxed into rethinking his decision, as long as it's legal, it's prudent to do so. If I was a Knicks fan I wouldn't think less of my team for going after a player to the detriment of a compe or. However once the player has agreed to something, if he reneges that basically labels him as untrustworthy in negotiations.

The Knicks knew he was commuted and still went after him anyways. That’s s bag territory. Indefensible.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perhaps what the Knicks did, contacting a FA who had verbally agreed to a deal with another team and making an offer, violates unwritten rules of free agency. While not against the letter of the law, the Knicks have likely done some damage to their (probably negligible) reputation.

Marcus Morris is the one who will end up suffering the most. Who is going to pursue him in free agency knowing that he might renege? He will get leftover cap space, not the juicy contracts agreed to on July 1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Half way through the season Knicks will be in full tank mode wanting to lose games and Morris will want to be playing, making an impact to prove he deserves a contract in 2020. That should be fun.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Knicks knew he was commuted and still went after him anyways. That’s s bag territory. Indefensible.
    Nobody cares. It's a business move. Franchises that can't play at that level shouldn't be in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perhaps what the Knicks did, contacting a FA who had verbally agreed to a deal with another team and making an offer, violates unwritten rules of free agency. While not against the letter of the law, the Knicks have likely done some damage to their (probably negligible) reputation.

Marcus Morris is the one who will end up suffering the most. Who is going to pursue him in free agency knowing that he might renege? He will get leftover cap space, not the juicy contracts agreed to on July 1.
    Not true. Franchises don't care about any of that. They just want the talent on their team for a chance to win. Has DeAndre Jordan had any problems finding a team? Teams fell all over themselves trying to get Kawhi Leonard after he basically sat out for a year and refused to play in San Antonio while collecting a damn near 20 million dollar salary. Kawhi Leonard and Paul George colluded to screw the Lakers over and basically the Raptors as well even though they won a ring with Kawhi. Kawhi misled them into thinking they had a shot at him. Still teams wanted Kawhi and would kill their first born for him. This isn't a player up issue this is an ownership down issue. Players are just now getting wise to what power they have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's be honest:
    The Knicks do everything wrong under Dolan.
    Just look at how they tried to push the Lakers to Inglewood and Ballmer took advantage so they went all petty on him and them.

The Knicks are a true, true joke.
    While Dolan has a Blues gig tonight!
    Must see music!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Half way through the season Knicks will be in full tank mode wanting to lose games and Morris will want to be playing, making an impact to prove he deserves a contract in 2020. That should be fun.
    I totally agree the Knicks will be in full tank mode they have to try and get the number one draft pick cause No Good player wants to play with that ty franchise. Morris is going to be kicking himself when they start doing that it’s going to be fun to watch get your popcorn ready.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    marcus morris basically called us a pity signing.........spurs will never sign marquee free agents or even middle of the road players in their prime until they relocate to austin

“I was under the impression that I didn’t have anything left. I thought at the time that the Spurs deal was all that I had. The process wasn’t what I expected and it didn’t go the right way.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

DeAndre Jordan royally ed the Mavs, and still they signed him after a few years. And that was way worse than what Morris did.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the Mavs are idiots for doing that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mark Cuckban.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeAndre Jordan royally ed the Mavs, and still they signed him after a few years. And that was way worse than what Morris did.
    It's all business. These feelings belong to fans, businessmen have priorities and they don't care too much to make a point.

Thread Information