Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    What Brian Flores has done in Miami is nothing short of impressive, tbh. 1-7 to 8-7, seriously? With that lousy roster?

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    1. Tyron Smith all pro LT was out yesterday and they scored 56 points.

2. The 2014 12-4 Cowboys did force 34 turnovers, good for 2nd in the NFL that year behind Houston. This year they have 33, good for first in the league, with a couple games left

But most of your point stands
    rofl seriously? Had no idea the 2014 team had that many turnovers. I watched most of the games that year and don’t remember anybody ac ulating a lot of interceptions since we played the soft Marinelli defense

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    rofl seriously? Had no idea the 2014 team had that many turnovers. I watched most of the games that year and don’t remember anybody ac ulating a lot of interceptions since we played the soft Marinelli defense
    a lot of lucky tip picks and random balls fell into the hands of Bruce Carter for some reason.

Dallas had 31 that year, my bad, the league-leading Texans had the 34. Still Dallas was second place:

https://www.footballdb.com/stats/tur...4&sort=taketot

Post Count
    As cliche as it sounds, the only real difference with this team and teams of the past are the turnovers. Which is still a huge difference, Dallas teams going all the way back to the Wade Phillips years have typically been soft coverage, bend but dont break types that cant ever get off the field in big moments. Atleast with this team you know they can turn the tide any second. However, they've been beating up on bad offenses who have been playing dumb football. I love Diggs, but most of his picks seem to come off of lame duck throws that are just up for grabs. I doubt that will continue when they play smarter quarterbacks.

As far as the offense, nothing has really changed IMO. Talented overall, but up and down as usual especially on the road. The most concerning thing to me is how they completely fall apart whenever a starter gets hurt. That was a staple under The Bot's tenure tbh
    I also feel dak is more capable of carrying the team, whereas his first few years he was more of a game manager. I think that's a huge difference that can pay dividends in the playoffs when other weaknesses are exploited. hopefully he can be healthy though.

My Team
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Post Count
    Pittsburgh isn't going to make the playoffs; Browns aren't going to make the playoffs.
    Yeah, I know that. But the Browns actually thought they were making some kind of franchise comeback, so it's still funnier when they fail.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    I also feel dak is more capable of carrying the team, whereas his first few years he was more of a game manager. I think that's a huge difference that can pay dividends in the playoffs when other weaknesses are exploited. hopefully he can be healthy though.
    There's something about him mentally that still makes me uncomfortable. I think it's the fact that he starts out slow against good teams especially on the road and oftentimes he'll lead a valiant comeback but too little too late. Best example of this was their 2016 playoff game against GB. It was a disaster in the first half but he looked like a completely different player in the second half leading them all the way back and in position to win the game. Other times, like against Kansas City and others throughout his career, he gets rattled early and never gets going at all. Or if it's obvious a team has them schemed out, he gets the 'deer in the headlights' look and starts missing easy throws. It seems mental to me, because he'll dink and dunk and miss wide open throws he'll normally make but when there's not as much pressure he'll make pretty good throws. IMO, that's what I sense from him from watching him all these years. He gets really tentative in big games until they get behind and he has to make a play. If the running game gets going though, his confidence seems to grow with it which is what happened his rookie year and 2018.

This was different than Romo who was a gunslinger from the opening kickoff which obviously backfired at times. The 2008 divisional loss to the Giants I recall he took a few big sacks instead of throwing it away in the 4th quarter which was one of the many reasons they lost.

Thread Information