Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When they report that the spurs have worked out Wiseman..someone has to post the itshappening.gif

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d pick big 0 and deni over wiseman tbh. Wiseman is athletic but has no shot

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wiggins will make more than LMA next year. His extension kicks in, and he’ll be about $31M.
    I believe he is talking from the SAS perspective; as you note, Wiggins will make more than LMA next year, #2 adds ~9 million on top of that...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe he is talking from the SAS perspective; as you note, Wiggins will make more than LMA next year, #2 adds ~9 million on top of that...
    I believe you are correct. there are other things the Spurs can do to stay below. Not resign Lyles, not resign Jacob or recall his QO. If DDr opts out that also gives us lots of room. I still think we had some room before the cap this year so we would have that room also.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they can still get better value for Aldridge, and while not my favorite, this is actually one of the better trade ideas I’ve seen that I can get on board with. We get a young player, AND another first rounder. Plus, imagine if Robinson winds up finishing his career with the Spurs and ends up retiring getting his jersey retired. They’d have to put it right between DRob and TD’s, with his full name just for s and giggles.
    Agreed... it's a tough call compared to #2 + Wiggins, but that Wiggins contract tends to scare me off and I don't know if Wiseman, Deni, Edwards, or anyone else at the top of this draft is good enough to counterbalance that-- I'll leave that to the scouting dept of the Spurs to decide on. But my guess here is that a couple of shots at the middle of the draft is somewhere that the Spurs can harvest success, and at a lower cost than a #2.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    please don't keep demar

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Am I the only one who wouldn't mind andrew wiggins? This coming season is shortened. Who cares. Deal with his contract for 1 season and in his contract year he shows his potential so he can get paid again, haha.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No thanks on Wiggins, don’t need another DeRozan type player on the team

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Hornets would be the perfect third team if the Spurs don't want Wiggins long term. Nicolas Batum's contact his expires this season and his salary matches LMA's.

Spurs Get: 2nd pick and Batum's expiring contract.
    Hornets Get: Wiggins.
    Warrior Get: LMA and 32nd pick from Hornets.

Spurs get the 2nd pick without giving up the 11. Hornets get Wiggins for almost nothing. Warriors get LMA and basically recoup the 2nd rounder that they traded away to Dallas.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like that trade

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Hornets would be the perfect third team if the Spurs don't want Wiggins long term. Nicolas Batum's contact his expires this season and his salary matches LMA's.

Spurs get the 2nd pick without giving up the 11. Hornets get Wiggins for almost nothing. Warriors get LMA and basically recoup the 2nd rounder that they traded away to Dallas.

Whats charlotte get for helping us out?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If there’s anyway possible we can keep 11 while trading dd or Aldridge for a top 5 pick . That would be huge

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

why do Hornets want Wiggins?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If there’s anyway possible we can keep 11 while trading dd or Aldridge for a top 5 pick . That would be huge
    No. I doubt Derozan can even be traded on draft night.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. I doubt Derozan can even be traded on draft night.
    We could trade LMA ang get a top pick if the other team agrees. I would also think DDR would have to opt in or opt out by draft. If he opts in He can be traded as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know if I am late to the party today on this rumor, but the buzz I'm hearing today from SA sportstalk is that the idea is for GS to send their #2 pick to SA, & Draymond Green, & we send them LMA & our number 11 pick. And SA would pick Wiseman. Now... Draymond Green??? Hmmmm…. as I think of this, my first thought is NOOOO!!! Well, for one, I wonder how he would react to Pop's coaching? But if this team is looking for a good defender, playmaker, tough compe or and a tough leader in the locker room & a dog on the floor, well... Draymond is your man. But this is the latest buzz that's going on with the Spurs right now. Now, I'm torn on this, but will it happen? Well, I have my popcorn!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know if I am late to the party today on this rumor, but the buzz I'm hearing today from SA sportstalk is that the idea is for GS to send their #2 pick to SA, & Draymond Green, & we send them LMA & our number 11 pick. And SA would pick Wiseman. Now... Draymond Green??? Hmmmm…. as I think of this, my first thought is NOOOO!!! Well, for one, I wonder how he would react to Pop's coaching? But if this team is looking for a good defender, playmaker, tough compe or and a tough leader in the locker room & a dog on the floor, well... Draymond is your man. But this is the latest buzz that's going on with the Spurs right now. Now, I'm torn on this, but will it happen? Well, I have my popcorn!
    I can't stand Draymond but I would be able to suck up for a few years while our young guys develop. Once they are developed we can just dump his ass since his contract will expire at the same time. From a comedic side seeing him and Pop yell at each other would be very entertaining.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop loves Draymond Green

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too good to be true. I guess Zach left the rumor to interpretation on who is the outgoing player. Spurs are trying to find a playmaking big man for a while since Duncan left.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Hornets are getting a player who’s averaged almost 20 points a game his entire career and who’s still only 26. That’s a pretty good return for a washed up Batum and the 32nd pick. Besides it’s not like Charolette will ever be some huge free agent destination even if Wiggins is over paid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate to be the grim reaper here, but it just occurred to me that Brian Wright is our GM.

After letting that sink in, it is hard to believe that something big and/or great will occur.

However, false hope is still hope.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Hornets are getting a player who’s averaged almost 20 points a game his entire career and who’s still only 26. That’s a pretty good return for a washed up Batum and the 32nd pick. Besides it’s not like Charolette will ever be some huge free agent destination even if Wiggins is over paid.
    in fact it is not, and if all franchises have a little competence, the Warriors will die with this contract in your hands, as it should be, unless they pay a high price (# 2 + MIN21 for example)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Draymond and Keldon is a whole lot of nasty. I'm for this trade all the way. Need toughness on this team. No more pussies.

It's not like Draymond is old. He's only 30.

White/ Murray
    Keldon/ Lonnie/ Mills
    Deni or Okoro/ Mason Jones
    Draymond/ Luka/ Lyles
    Poetl/ Eubanks

, boy. Championship dynasty right there
    Last edited by Dejounte; 11-06-2020 at 08:00 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way in gs trades number two for Aldridge .. it’s a pipe dream .

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No way in gs trades number two for Aldridge .. it’s a pipe dream .
    Exactly. They can have Wiseman, a potential All-Star Caliber Player. His skillset is already at a stage, that can help them right away.

Thread Information