Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Ajinca still throwing up 3's and not going inside any? Guy has a 7'8 wingspan and still wants to play outside...Anybody seen him play in france recently?
    I haven't seem him play but from what his coach said, he played a little more in the paint. He still take some 3's but it's better than in the past.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you see more likely bruno, spurs going for a proven veteran (Turiaf ie), or if any of the Summer League bigs do well, one of them?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you see more likely bruno, spurs going for a proven veteran (Turiaf ie), or if any of the Summer League bigs do well, one of them?
    Unless Spurs do a trade or amnesty Bonner, I don't see them really looking at anther big. They still have 5 vet PF/C with Duncan, Diaw, Splitter, Bonner and Blair.

JaMychal Green or Alexis Ajinca could have a shot at getting a contract but they will have to be impressive during the SL.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless Spurs do a trade or amnesty Bonner, I don't see them really looking at anther big. They still have 5 vet PF/C with Duncan, Diaw, Splitter, Bonner and Blair.

JaMychal Green or Alexis Ajinca could have a shot at getting a contract but they will have to be impressive during the SL.
    That's true to 3 out of the 5 bigs are woefully undersized and 2 out of the 5 are underskilled and inadequate. It's simply not the right combination of bigs. As presently cons uted, their bigs are not good enough. Besides Duncan, there is no one to protect the rim, no one to block shots and no one to defend the paint. They absolutely have to get better on the frontline.

I hope Ajinca becomes a surprise and forces the Spurs to make a hard decision.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's true to 3 out of the 5 bigs are woefully undersized and 2 out of the 5 are underskilled and inadequate. It's simply not the right combination of bigs. As presently cons uted, their bigs are not good enough. Besides Duncan, there is no one to protect the rim, no one to block shots and no one to defend the paint. They absolutely have to get better on the frontline.
    I don't like too Spurs pool of bigs.

Saying that, the answer isn't as easy as "let's just sign another big". There are two issues with it. First, getting a quality big with only the min to offer is nearly impossible. Second, it will create a logjam.

I see two way for Spurs to improve their frontcourt:
    - The most logical would be a trade. Spurs have a bunch of expiring or almost expirings contracts as assets. Some of these exprings (Neal and Blair) can play too.
    - If by miracle a quality big can be had for the min, then Spurs must trim their roster by either amnestying Bonner or trading Blair for future considerations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Saying that, the answer isn't as easy as "let's just sign another big". There are two issues with it. First, getting a quality big with only the min to offer is nearly impossible. Second, it will create a logjam.

- The most logical would be a trade. Spurs have a bunch of expiring or almost expirings contracts as assets. Some of these exprings (Neal and Blair) can play too.
    - If by miracle a quality big can be had for the min, then Spurs must trim their roster by either amnestying Bonner or trading Blair for future considerations.
    God, please let it happen!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Other teams do it all the time. You'll never know if a big will work if you are always super picky.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information