Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy is the best fit outside of Banchero, right? If he falls to 7, you gotta go get him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I’m a big Keegan guy.
    If he’s there at 9, I would assume other higher upside guards would be off the board which means the Spurs shouldn’t hesitate.
    There will be an opportunity to take the upside swing at 20 if so inclined too.
    Hadn't seen this video yet. He's literally reinforcing what I thought: Keegan/Spurs seem like a perfect match.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy is the best fit outside of Banchero, right? If he falls to 7, you gotta go get him.
    Sacramento probably grabs him at 4. They’re reportedly really high on him.

If not, Detroit at 5 or Indy at 6 will grab him imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He looks like a pretty decent player but I'm not seeing anything special in him. A safe pick that doesn't have potential to move the needle anywhere.

At this point I would rather see the Spurs swinging for the home run rather then going for the bunt. More risky yes but Spurs should be only bunting if they have any already established players which is somethingthis team is very lacking.
    The Spurs already swung for the HR in last year's draft. A nice solid single hit is what we need to keep the process moving forward. Or else, you will see Dejounte starting to get impatient sooner rather than later.

Keegan seems like Vassell in the sense that he's the safest of bets at getting, at least, a good caliber starting player with a long shot of becoming something else. The Spurs shouldn't pass on the guy if he's available at 9.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Keegan gives us a Vassell type production on his rookie campaing and Murray, KJ and DV improve on what they did last season, the Spurs easily become a playoffs team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From the scouting reports I've read on the web and seen in youtube, this guy seems like the best fit for the Spurs. But it looks like there's no chance of him falling to #9.
    yup he's also most likely to win rookie of the year besides Banchero

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hadn't seen this video yet. He's literally reinforcing what I thought: Keegan/Spurs seem like a perfect match.
    I agree though looking like a lock at 4...

then again he did just give the "Haliburton" kiss of death commitment...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree though looking like a lock at 4...

then again he did just give the "Haliburton" kiss of death commitment...

"Oh, wait, I may be going to the Kings. Let me think this over for a second."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Kings take him I'm offering 25 for Harrison Barnes.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs already swung for the HR in last year's draft. A nice solid single hit is what we need to keep the process moving forward. Or else, you will see Dejounte starting to get impatient sooner rather than later.

Keegan seems like Vassell in the sense that he's the safest of bets at getting, at least, a good caliber starting player with a long shot of becoming something else. The Spurs shouldn't pass on the guy if he's available at 9.
    No, they still need a Home Run because they didn't hit one last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Intel on SA trying to move to 4 for Keegan. Seems silly if it costs 9 + Keldon or Vassell but that’s just me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they for sure think Keegan Murray could be star then I would do it… honestly if we traded up to 4 tho I’d want Ivey lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the idea of moving up and if we've tried with Sacramento them I'm sure we've probed Houston at 3 as well... I'd be pretty stoked if we could get into the top 4...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Keegan gives us a Vassell type production on his rookie campaing and Murray, KJ and DV improve on what they did last season, the Spurs easily become a playoffs team.
    You'd still have before us:
    Golden State
    Memphis
    Dallas (rising)
    Phoenix (although hardly no. 1 anymore)
    Denver (Murray and MPJ back)
    Minnesota (another year of growth for Edwards + the addition of Connelly guarantees competent offseason)
    New Orleans (more talented, deeper and more balanced than us)
    Also there's the Jazz (unless they blow up the team) and Cliippers (if Kawhi is back and they keep their FA), and maybe even the Lakers (with LeBron & AD back.. plus some new FA blood...) though that is very much up in the air.
    So all in all, I don't see how we're EASILY a playoff team even with Keegan Murray, for us to make the playoffs we'd likely have to go through the play in as 9th or 10th seed and, though possible, it's far from a done deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just don’t see how SA could value Keegan so highly that you give up 9 + more. Makes no sense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Intel on SA trying to move to 4 for Keegan. Seems silly if it costs 9 + Keldon or Vassell but that’s just me

Makes a lot of sense given his skill set and the depth at wing. Can't imagine we'd give up Keldon in any scenario, but that may be why we lose out on this scenario to other teams.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray would be great but he'll be gone before 9. He's worth trading up for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just don’t see how SA could value Keegan so highly that you give up 9 + more. Makes no sense
    Fills a serious need while preserving cap space for a go-to scorer to round out the roster. There just isn't that guy available at #9. I like that the Spurs are being aggressive, even if it's just talks. Gotta take some swings to get out of this middle ground they've been in the past few years.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes a lot of sense given his skill set and the depth at wing. Can't imagine we'd give up Keldon in any scenario, but that may be why we lose out on this scenario to other teams.
    I'd give Keldon and 9 in a second.

I doubt that would be enough to get up to 4.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a consensus top 5 player in the draft so it's not much of a stretch... there's also the possibility that we could be after Ivey or that maybe OKC takes Ivey at 2 and Paolo falls to 4th.... I think there are more scenarios at play here...but even if its Keegan at 4 thats a good fit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depends on what is more... I wouldn't give up 9 + Keldon for Keegan Murray. For Banchero I would, but it seems obvious from the Christian Wood trade that he's going AT THE LATEST to the Rockets at no. 3. Smart move by them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I've said, he's at the upper limit of who I'd dream we could get at 9. But that's really all it is, a dream. Very unlikely he makes it past 7. And I could see a scenario where OKC trades up to get him at 8 knowing we would like him. So aside from some unforseen drop, I'm trying to be more realistic in who we take at 9. To me we have a better shot at Dieng, Sochan, and Daniels so that's where my hopes currently rest.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine where the Spurs would be in the draft if they had followed Portland's lead and stopped playing their starters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like too much to give for Keegan. If one of Holmgren, Smith, Banchero falls to 4 then of course you pull the trigger, but why would the Kings want to trade out in that scenario?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like too much to give for Keegan. If one of Holmgren, Smith, Banchero falls to 4 then of course you pull the trigger, but why would the Kings want to trade out in that scenario?
    Because of what they can get in return. I imagine Banchero is at the very top of multiple draft boards, so the leverage at 4 would be incredible.

With that said, I think the smoke about them being high on Murray at 4 is a similar leverage play. Ivey slips no lower than 5 and Murray at 4 is still value. Kings in the catbird seat at the moment.

Thread Information