Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just bench Lonnie. They need to see Langford and Primmo while showcasing Richardson. Enough is enough already.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On Lonnie, I agree. Steady minutes and give him every chance to become consistent and establish market value. His value to the Spurs is either as a summer sign and trade or to simply resign him. No team is breaking the bank for him. So we should be able to resign him on a fair value contract (8M? 10M? annual?). He's more valuable coming off our bench than any other team, and there is a good chance he will be an appreciating asset. He needs a personal Wendy Rhoades, tho. Wildly different output from night to night.
    Wow your atleast double what he would get, he might even be a min type player. Lonnie really has no value to us. no team would do a sign and trade for him unless sending back bad contracts or something like what happened with doug. Since he wont get anywhere close to the MLE so reason to do a sign and trade for them. As far as being on our team he wouldnt be playing as other players should play over him. So he is either takeing time and money away from others or sitting at end of bench. Unless he improves he would not be an appreciating asset. Since I dont see that happening he would just be there.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow your atleast double what he would get, he might even be a min type player. Lonnie really has no value to us. no team would do a sign and trade for him unless sending back bad contracts or something like what happened with doug. Since he wont get anywhere close to the MLE so reason to do a sign and trade for them. As far as being on our team he wouldnt be playing as other players should play over him. So he is either takeing time and money away from others or sitting at end of bench. Unless he improves he would not be an appreciating asset. Since I dont see that happening he would just be there.
    I'd feel really comfortable with an initial offer of 4 yrs/28M. It would be awesome to put that on a de-escalating deal so the out years gave the Spurs even more breathing room for DJ's max summer. By that time, the Spurs will might have a another max guy under contract too.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd feel really comfortable with an initial offer of 4 yrs/28M. It would be awesome to put that on a de-escalating deal so the out years gave the Spurs even more breathing room for DJ's max summer. By that time, the Spurs will might have a another max guy under contract too.
    I think your way off but I guess we will see this summer.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Goran Dragic has agreed to a contract buyout with the Spurs and is entering free agency, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. A slew of teams will now pursue the 14-year veteran.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker has no place on this team, he won’t get much attention in FA and I see no reason for the Spurs to offer him anything.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Based on 3 pretty good games? I'm not feeling that... if he can continue this for the rest of the season it might be worth discussing but, I don't think anyone should assume he'll keep doing this based on 3 games when we have a much longer history to look back on that tells a different tale..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker has no place on this team, he won’t get much attention in FA and I see no reason for the Spurs to offer him anything.
    This

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Based on 3 pretty good games? I'm not feeling that... if he can continue this for the rest of the season it might be worth discussing but, I don't think anyone should assume he'll keep doing this based on 3 games when we have a much longer history to look back on that tells a different tale..
    This

near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really like Zollins to work on his mobility in closing outs and become a PF next to Poeltl (for now). That is the only way Keldon can slide to SF 3 and D where he is leading the league in 3’s, and I see he’s working hard on his lateral (I really hope Bowen can work with him on pestering people ).

But yeah Zollins in PF and Landale as backup C.
    Z Collins as he was before the serious leg injuries looked to be a center who had some PF minutes in him. Leg injuries very rarely make one quicker and more mobile/agile. So it's not very realistic to pencil Z.Collins in for many of minutes. I sort of see Landale Collins and Poetle all being reasonable centers with Poetle the clear starter but all three being viewed as able to be moved for a gain, though I also feel like they would be given some say, especially Londale with his coming to the Spurs specifically.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like people who think that Collins can play PF aren't watching much NBA outside of the Spurs. He's a center and its pretty clear that he's a center, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Z Collins as he was before the serious leg injuries looked to be a center who had some PF minutes in him. Leg injuries very rarely make one quicker and more mobile/agile. So it's not very realistic to pencil Z.Collins in for many of minutes. I sort of see Landale Collins and Poetle all being reasonable centers with Poetle the clear starter but all three being viewed as able to be moved for a gain, though I also feel like they would be given some say, especially Londale with his coming to the Spurs specifically.
    I like Landale, but his game has yet to translate to NBA. It’s his rookie year and it’s understandable when finally he’s playing against the best basketball players, the NBA. The Zollins for PF is a wishful thinking. We always get beat in the offensive rebounds by some random guys. I like to give Poeltl an excuse that he’s partnered with an undersized PF. But the truth is, Poeltl doesn’t box out with his body and rely heavily on his height. If you check his body position, he’s straight and arms in, instead of hips out and arms out to coral a rebound. His proponents would point out his advanced metrics, but I call it when I see it. He could be better is what I’m saying. Even the Hawks commentator the other night was saying it, “Poeltl was getting beat out there.” Just notice Zollins body language when he’s out there, fierce and fighting for that 50/50 ball. He’s just going to get better the more he trust his body and strength. Honestly I would love if Spurs get Walker Kessler this draft for the Raptor pick. The Charlotte deal would’ve been great, Poeltl for PJ Washington and Kai Jones, but they opted for Harrell. That would’ve addressed some of the concerns. And knowing the Spurs were discussing that trade, they see the same flaws I see on Poeltl.

Thread Information