mookie ive been pming you since yesterday maybe your inbox is full

mookie ive been pming you since yesterday maybe your inbox is full

that sounds disturbing.

My Team
    Columbia Lions
    Post Count
    i dont get yall
    i cant enjoy seeing oklahoma getting regulated upon because they beat texas
    You can enjoy it, but you've got no basis to run smack at Sooners fans for that. That's all I'm saying. It's taking credit for someone else doing your dirty work.

OU lost in the National le game, true, but UT only won a consolation game and hasn't beaten OU in how long? And OU has made a habit out of playing in BCS games, while UT still hasn't won a conference le under Mack Brown. So I don't understand how winning one BCS game suddenly gives UT any real credibility. At that, UT was perilously close to losing that BCS game to a very, very, very young Michigan team.

Do what you want -- if you enjoy some satisfaction out of other teams doing your dirty work, that's cool. It seems disingenuous to me.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    my smack, which i havent even said in the forum is that most OUs players are from texas, they didnt show up for two years in a row in the NC game
    the STATE of oklahoma sucks,
    it was COMPLETE bull that jason white got to play last year anyway

and if by very very very young you mean a young qb and rb, youre right
    what did you want texas to do? lose to michigan, sorry they won, i know you wish they didnt but they did i shouldnt have to apologize for them winning their first bcs bowl game

you didnt answer my question
    did you run any smack on the lakers lasy year when they lost in the finals
    or did you just have no opinion on anything

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    that sounds disturbing.
    haha youre right
    i just re-read it and its funny

My Team
    Columbia Lions
    Post Count
    because tommie frazier sucked
    Who are you kidding? That isn't even an informed opinion. In fact, ESPN's lead college football writer named Frazier the greatest college QB of the last 25 years!! Top 10 College QB's of last 25 years

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    yeah oklahoma, as a state, is completely worthless and probably gayer than west virginia...

theyre LAME

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    my smack, which i havent even said in the forum is that most OUs players are from texas, they didnt show up for two years in a row in the NC game

what did you want texas to do? lose to michigan, sorry they won, i know you wish they didnt but they did i shouldnt have to apologize for them winning their first bcs bowl game

did you run any smack on the lakers last year when they lost in the finals

My Team
    Columbia Lions
    Post Count
    My point was aimed more at Mr. Dio, than you Mookie. But if you want to run noise at Oklahoma for losing a game that UT couldn't even reach, then go for it. I think it sounds silly, but that's just me.

He qualified for a 6th year redshirt because he had some horrendous injuries that cost him any chance to play in earlier seasons. All White could do was apply, and the NCAA gave him that chance. There are plenty of guys playing at other schools who have the same cir stances and get the same opportunity. I played with one such guy in college and it meant the world to him for the NCAA to give him a 6th year. Had it been some offensive lineman at UTEP and not Jason White, you wouldn't have known and you wouldn't have cared.

That is what I mean, and I'm glad that you understand that. My point is that UT struggled to win a game against that team, so blasting OU for losing to a team that should have won back-to-back les is crazy to me.

I still think that UT got to play in that game only because Mack Brown whined and cried about how it wouldn't be fair to his team if it didn't get a BCS birth. He cajoled voters into screwing over a Cal team that was the closest of anyone to beating USC last year. It was controversial enough that the NCAA now wants to reveal who votes for what schools. Cal crapped the bed in its bowl game, but I don't think you can look at it retrospectively and say that UT was much, much better than Cal. I still think that Cal should have played in the Rose Bowl. That said, UT won its game and that's all it could have done. But if you want to blast OU for not being impressive, you can't exactly hold UT up as having won its game in impressive fashion.

did you run any smack on the lakers lasy year when they lost in the finals
    I didn't run any smack because I thought the Pistons would win the series anyway, just as I thought the Spurs would have been in big trouble last year had they met the Pistons in the Finals.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    injuries are part of football a lot of players get injured worse than him and dont get 6 years
    mack didnt whine at all
    nobody in their right mind would find his quote whining at all
    cal got destroyed by tech, who got destroyed by texas

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    all i know is that come fall, mookie is going to own this forum

hes gonna post here like he owns the place

It's 11:46...and OU STILL sucks!!!!! jalbre6's Avatar
    Post Count
    Getting back on track, sort of...

VY isn't the greatest running QB ever, at least not yet. That honor goes to Eric Crouch of Nebraska. Crouch had 3,434 yards rushing and 59 TD's rushing in his career. He averaged 5.3 yards a carry, damn near 80 yards a game, and won the Heisman in '01.

My Team
    Columbia Lions
    Post Count
    Getting back on track, sort of...

VY isn't the greatest running QB ever, at least not yet. That honor goes to Eric Crouch of Nebraska. Crouch had 3,434 yards rushing and 59 TD's rushing in his career. He averaged 5.3 yards a carry, damn near 80 yards a game, and won the Heisman in '01.
    Stats are fine, but I'd take both Vick and Frazier over Crouch. Frazier got jobbed in never winning the Heisman.

It's 11:46...and OU STILL sucks!!!!! jalbre6's Avatar
    Post Count
    Stats are fine, but I'd take both Vick and Frazier over Crouch. Frazier got jobbed in never winning the Heisman.
    I'm no Husker scholar, but I think Crouch was a better running QB than Frazier...considering they played in roughly the same number of games and Crouch has gaudier stats. I think Tommie Frazier was a better all around QB than Crouch, but he also had Lawrence Phillips to hand the ball off to. Crouch had Thunder Collins and a couple of other guys I can't remember playing tailback. The strangest sidenote is that neither of them were given an opportunity to play QB at the next level. I think Frazier is an NAIA coach and I read somewhere that Crouch just retired for like the third time after the Chiefs cut him loose.

Probably the best common denominator with VY and Vick is that Vick left after two seasons and VY has now completed his sop re season at UT. MV rushed 223 times for 1226 yards and 17 TD's, at 5.4 yards a carry. VY ran the ball 281 times for 1885 yards and 21 TD's , at 6.7 yards a carry. I think Vick only lost two games in college, one against Florida State in the le game and then once against Miami as a sop re. VY has lost three (OU twice, Wash State in the Holiday Bowl, and he didn't play vs Arkansas in that loss).

All four were studs, and I hope VY is more like Vick at the next level than the two Huskers.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    okay anyone who is a hardcore college football fan

who was harder to takle, michael vick or vince young?????

i have seen every game vince young has played in and that boy breaks tackles like majewski

My Team
    Columbia Lions
    Post Count
    I'm no Husker scholar, but I think Crouch was a better running QB than Frazier...considering they played in roughly the same number of games and Crouch has gaudier stats.
    I'd never base my conclusion on stats alone, because stats are often misleading when it comes to assessing quality. In fact, if you compare their senior seasons, Frazier was much, much better per carry than Crouch. In 1995, Frazier had 113 carries for 803 yards, an average of 7.1 per carry. In 2001, Crouch had 225 carries for 1229 yards, an average of 5.5 per carry.

Frazier's stats may be reduced, but that might be due to any number of factors, including the fact that his teams were destroying opponents on a regular basis, while Crouch's teams played many more compe ive games. Here's an example:

in Frazier's four years, Nebraska played only 15 games in which they lost or in which their opponents were within 2 touchdowns. I haven't been able to figure out if Frazier's injuries took him out of any of those close games. In 1994, Nebraska played only 4 games in which an opponent was within 2 TD's. In 1995, they played 1.

In Crouch's four years, Nebraska played in 25 such games.

What's the difference? One difference is that close games mean that starters remain in for longer periods of time and are used differently. Here's tangible proof of that fact: in Frazier's senior season, he had 6 games in which he carried 10 or more times. He averaged 9.4 carries per game. In Crouch's senior season, he had only 3 games in which he carried fewer than 14 times. He averaged 17.3 carries per game.

It's little wonder that Crouch gained more total yards. There's little doubt that Frazier was more potent, though.

From what I've read today, Husker fan is absolutely convinced that Frazier is the best QB who has ever played there. That may be, in part, because he was a better passer than Crouch to an extent, but mostly I suspect it's because Frazier was lethal on the edge.

My Team
    Michigan Wolverines
    Post Count
    If he does make to the the NFL it will not be at QB.
    I say hed make a good kick returner.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    Post Count
    Holy crap, just now felt like glancing at this thread...

NO he's not. Proof? Michael Vick. Game over.

And I think LJ hit it on the head earlier, he throws like a girl.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    how is vick better
    stats in college? no
    smaller? yes
    slower? yes
    easier to tackle? yes

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    You forgot the most important question you posed before arriving at your conclusion.

"longhorn? no"

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    fact
    stats
    fact
    bigger
    fact
    faster

Grizzled RunningBack Bo Malette's Avatar
    Post Count
    fact
    bo malette could kick his ass
    fact
    bo malette is better
    fact
    bo malette is best ever IN THE BACKFIELD

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    how is vick better
    stats in college? no
    smaller? yes
    slower? yes
    easier to tackle? yes
    "played for a national le? yes"

I agree that Young is harder to tackle, however I don't know that Vince is faster than Vick.

Thread Information