Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Also, Jamstone gets serious props for completely dismantling gino's bald spot in this post:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost...5&postcount=90

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Spurminator still insists that Van Hagar is superior to Van Halen, though.
    Damn that is bad

What is up with thee Spurminator?

I don't even think Van Hagar was the second best part of Sammy Hagar's career much less the best version of Van Halen. Runnin' with the Devil alone surpasses the entire Van Hagar output.

Lee Majors is an honorable mention btw, so are AHF, thispego and baselinebum and Nbandan(who I don't believe posts in the political forum seriously) and quite a few others.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    He always quits when him and I discuss Global Warming. He cannot back up his beliefs.
    No, I have debated it with you but you refuse to accept my evidence, and I don't agree with a lot of yours, or at least the way you interpret it. I just don't see the point in wasting time on debating the topic with you. I present the scientific orthodoxy, you present a bunch of cherry picking and spurious data, and neither of us is going to change our minds, so what's the point? Typing so much gives me a sore shoulder, and I can do without the pain. BTW, I respect your intelligence, I just think you've got this particular issue dead wrong.

As for how smart I am, I'm no genius. IQ in the mid 130s when last tested, probably around 125 by now with all the damage I've done to it!

I'm surrounded by people who are smarter than I am in pure IQ terms (my best friends in the world all have genius level IQs), but who cares? I know my strengths, and they are that I'm a quick learner at most things, and I have an acute ability to see the big picture and understand systemics (honed by training as an ecologist). In terms of the most beneficial things I've done in my life, driving a cab for 6 years was perfect for me - turned me from a bookish idealist into a real-world cynic.

Anyway, IQ is only one part of the picture:

http://professorlamp.com/ed/TAG/7_Intelligences.html

As for smart people around here, there are plenty, but they are usually secure in their intelligence and don't need to throw it around, SFIE as the perfect example.
    Last edited by RuffnReadyOzStyle; 11-24-2009 at 09:55 PM.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Damn that is bad

What is up with thee Spurminator?

I don't even think Van Hagar was the second best part of Sammy Hagar's career much less the best version of Van Halen. Runnin' with the Devil alone surpasses the entire Van Hagar output.
    I'll have to find the thread but I believe Mr. Majors is misrepresenting my position on Van Hagar from years ago. I believe what I said was that Van Halen's music in the Hagar years (a) is underappreciated, and (b) at times had more depth and range. The Hagar years were superior lyrically and I think that group was able to better pull off the mid-tempo songs and the ballads.

Anyway, my position now is that if you're locking me up for the rest of my life and I can only take one or the other, I'm taking the DLR albums. The guitar work is better, the albums are more consistently good all the way through and the style is just more fun overall.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I'll have to find the thread but I believe Mr. Majors is misrepresenting my position on Van Hagar from years ago. I believe what I said was that Van Halen's music in the Hagar years (a) is underappreciated, and (b) at times had more depth and range. The Hagar years were superior lyrically and I think that group was able to better pull off the mid-tempo songs and the ballads.

Anyway, my position now is that if you're locking me up for the rest of my life and I can only take one or the other, I'm taking the DLR albums. The guitar work is better, the albums are more consistently good all the way through and the style is just more fun overall.
    Spurminator is one of the best posters on the site, despite this fondness for Van Hagar. Also one of the best avatars.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    I've seen smart remarks and posts from almost everyone in here.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Sperminator isn't even in the top 10....Baseline at #1 and FWDT at #2, Scott at #3...then it gets murky because its hard to judge a person's intelligence when all they write about is the Spurs or the NBA...

Thread Information