Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    aminu can finally be a spur.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Space? No impact free agent is going to sign here. Aldridge was one of the very few exceptions to the rule.

Arguing about what trade to make is fine, but in no scenario should the Spurs let him walk for nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These trade scenarios make no sense for Orlando... Just a stupid rumor tbh. Sorry boys.
    Spurs are closer to extending DeMar than they are to trading him to Orlando tbh.
    Bump
    I don't see Orlando doing these trades.
    Gordon is one of those looks good from far, but far from good.

If Gordon and Fournier are so much better, why is Orlando so bad
    Gordon is owed similar money to DDR

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, Gordon is one of the more versatile bigs on the defensive end in the league. Getting torched by the best player in the world isn't an argument against the fact that he is still relatively good, nor would it be his fault if this FO can't nab a capable 3 and D SF for those Kawhi/LeBron/Etc scenarios and puts him in a situation like that. Not like anyone can really stop those guys anyway...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Space? No impact free agent is going to sign here. Aldridge was one of the very few exceptions to the rule.

Arguing about what trade to make is fine, but in no scenario should the Spurs let him walk for nothing.
    great and if no one signs thats fine, it'll accelerate a tank and maybe we can take on bad contracts for picks. I'd rather that than be locked into mediocrity with Gordon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    great and if no one signs thats fine, it'll accelerate a tank and maybe we can take on bad contracts for picks. I'd rather that than be locked into mediocrity with Gordon.
    Gordon won't be your star. Isn't the idea to improve around a core of the guards + Aldridge? DD is hindering the guard growth. Pop isn't tanking, by the way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gordon won't be your star. Isn't the idea to improve around a core of the guards + Aldridge? DD is hindering the guard growth. Pop isn't tanking, by the way.
    DDR hasn't spent a second at the guard position this year so he really isn't stealing playing time. Replacing DDR with Gordon does little in helping guards grow and it might even hinder it since we'll likely take back someone like Ross to add to the logjam as well as Gordon spending time at 3. Pop might not even be here in a couple years and I'd prefer us to not be locked into Gordon when he isn't so we can properly tank.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Omg! Omg! Omg! Please! Please! Please! Black Friday special! Name your price! Xmas in November!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do not want to wait.
    Every minute ddr is here everything gets weaker.
    The young guards get discouraged. LMA does too and gets older. Gay too. Jacob ain’t get better.
    The whole team will function better with a decent haul back. Someone(s) who can fit in and complement.
    It is risky cause if the young guards spit the bit then we are in trouble. We really need Walker to help if ddr is gone.
    If PATFO can pull it off we have a chance to pull together as a team and maybe be something. What they have now is not a good product.
    IMHO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some people may not like this but I wouldn’t hesitate to throw Lonnie in the deal with him, I like what I’m seeing from Keldon Johnson in the g league he had another 20 point game
    That's hustling backwards tbh. DeRozan is still the best player in any version of the deal, giving up Lonnie Walker make no sense.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    any trade that gets Derozan and Belinelli off this team, no matter wtf its for, is addition by subtraction tbh. i'd trade them for whatever the Magic want, throw in a 2nd rounder to sweeten the deal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many hoops and hurdles does Brian Wright have to jump to actually pull off a trade, ie Pop and RC. It’s probably like a bureaucracy in there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    prayingdog.jpg

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bump
    I don't see Orlando doing these trades.
    Gordon is one of those looks good from far, but far from good.

If Gordon and Fournier are so much better, why is Orlando so bad
    Gordon is owed similar money to DDR

Orlando needs play-making and scoring tbh, DeRozan fills both of those needs. Gordon definitely isn't better but he has some untapped potential. His contract differs drastically from DeRozan. His contract descends as the cap continues to rise. There is a chance his realizes his potential and that deal becomes a steal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said last year Gordon was great for us and everyone on that idea lol. But yeah Gordon for sure, still.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    too bad SA cant work out a 3 team deal w/ Portland since they're in free fall to ship LA and DD's worthless asses out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Btw Orlando is the perfect fit for a player like DeMar. Small market, good for his points and minutes. Like Butler in Miami

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus we basically giving up on the season already?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus we basically giving up on the season already?
    It’s game 92 if you count last season. It’s the same damn team, expect the same results. Murray ain’t going improve much with DDR on the team. He’s stunting everything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan is definitely better than Gordon - no question. But he not only would fit a little better IMO (but still flawed), but he would open up time for the young guys. That’s a big part of this.

It’s about potential.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol people still convinced that keeping Derozan means Spurs can contend.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan is definitely better than Gordon - no question. But he not only would fit a little better IMO (but still flawed), but he would open up time for the young guys. That’s a big part of this.

It’s about potential.
    Sure, but he's less valuable. Even if you have a virtually ideal roster built around him, like the '14-'18 Raptors did, there's immediately a sub championship ceiling with him on the team . . . and this team is basically the an hesis of an ideal roster built around him.

Meanwhile, Gordon has a chance to be an elite role player on a true contender. This team is obviously far from that either way and will be for the foreseeable future, but I'd rather the possibility of this (plus everything else I've mentioned) than the certainty of that.
    Last edited by TD 21; 11-13-2019 at 07:32 PM.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It’s about potential.
    And also about not doing what we KNOW doesn't work any longer than we have to. This team as is is done and not worth worth continuing as a "just make the playoffs and see what happens" unit.

Either we change the roster and really see what we have in the young guys or it's a completely lost season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think booing DeRozan is the only thing that can make a trade happen. DeMar has to request a trade. It’s the only escape hatch in the organization

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing earth shattering, other than his best estimated price being much higher than what I would expect (based on overall info he has, not specific trade conversations).
    From Magic perspective:

The FO is determined to be in playoffs, and show organization is improving and trending upward. They have three potential trade targets identified (one PG, other two G/SF). Would not or cannot give specific names. Do not want to move too quickly as there are a lot of pieces they really like and feel current group is capable of more. Also potentially would have more trade flexibility in mid December once some restrictions would expire. Without signs of improvement do believe they will make move and primarily looking for scoring, someone that can get to line. Only players virtually untouchable are Vuc & Isaac. Current belief of most in organization is Isaac ceiling greater than Gordon. Also they believe Okeke will be ready to go next year making Gordon more dispensable. Still asking price for any trade involving Gordon will be starter caliber player, a young asset + 1st round pick. Out of young guys most willing to move Bamba. Magic don't really feel too strong about Ross vs Fournier, and 1 of those two almost certain to be involved in trade unless it is a PG. Asked him in a DDR - Gordon swap what he thinks Magic would want - his best guess would be Gordon/Fournier/filler (Iwundu or Frazier) for DDR/Beli/Walker or White/Johnson/+first.

Edit: clarified that he thought this would be starting point but Magic would most likely be willing to include Mamba instead of filler player or would settle for 2 young assets or 1 young asset ± pick
    Last edited by SpaceCoast Spursfan; 11-13-2019 at 08:12 PM.

Thread Information