Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No response on this from team LA??

"Crickets"
    They added a player to the deal that had just decided to retire. It was to make the $$ right. At the time it was NOT unfair or illegal. It was decided this was not a good practice and that action was further banned. If the Wiz decide Big Z isnt in their plans and buy him out so be it. Nothing wrong with that. If Big Z and the Cavs decide to hook back up so be it. Nothing wrong with that either. The two teams talking about and agreeing on it as part of the deal is against the rules. Not a loophole. Definetely against the rules.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's been over two years and this is still being debated like it happened yesterday, jesus christ people. Give it a rest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heisley swears, “Jerry didn’t know about the trade until after it was done.”

Heisley also said he was keeping the Grizz in Vancouver...

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Complaining about the Gasol trade isn't going to change anything, and Lakers fans really don't have to defend it at all, rigged or not.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Heisley also said he was keeping the Grizz in Vancouver...
    Two totally different things that you can't compare.

Saying West didn't know about the deal is reporting a FACT that already occurred. Saying he planned to keep the Grizz in Vancouver is making a prediction about a future event that has not yet occurred. Obviously people can legitimately change their minds about future plans, but past events cannot change.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Hey guys lets trade our rights to Tiago Splitter, who's a top Center prospect in Europe and who may or may not turn into a solid player...plus 2 first rounders and Mason's, Bonner's, Finley's, and Mahinmi's expirings for Chris Bosh. That sounds like a killer deal for Toronto
    That is a good deal for Toronto if they want to free up money to go after someone else or if Bosh is not in their plans for the future. They can use Bosh's money to sign another comparable player next year and they get Splitter and two firsts as a bonus.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "He would fit," Wallace said, describing the 7-1, 265-pounder as much improved and an offensive dynamo. "He would be a very good addition to the team. All good additions are important right now. We'd like to get him in here, and I think he's ready to come over. He's really made a tremendous improvement, one of the most startling you'll see. He's a key reason why we made this deal. He was a second-round pick last year. There's no question he'd go in the first round this year.

That would be Chris Wallace. Memphis GM. Now you have seen it. A simple google search would have shown you. Good enough for you now? Spurfan really should do a little research before making himself look foolish.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...as-griz-eager/
    Thanks cobbler for providing that info. Never heard that from Chris Wallace, as I don't read the Memphis newspapers.

And it's funny how some you guys think I should "research it" when I wasn't the one who made the claim that the Grizz "DEMANDED he be included in the deal or it was off." The burden of proof should be on the one who made the statement.

I ask for a link as proof of what milkshakeballa CLAIMS was said and a couple of you tell me to find it myself?

And funny how all the Laker fans in here are lining up like they all thought it was a fair trade since the day that is was made and have supposedly "stuck to their guns" on the deal since Day One. It reality, it's the same bandwagon fans jumpin on the "Gasol trade was a fair trade" bandwagon too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two totally different things that you can't compare.

Saying West didn't know about the deal is reporting a FACT that already occurred. Saying he planned to keep the Grizz in Vancouver is making a prediction about a future event that has not yet occurred. Obviously people can legitimately change their minds about future plans, but past events cannot change.
    Not really. Its not so much a prediction than a Lie. Heisley knew all along he was going to move the grizz. So it can be a possibility that he's lying about Jerry.

Regardless, my comment is more towards Heisley than the gasol trade itself

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Thanks cobbler for providing that info. Never heard that from Chris Wallace, as I don't read the Memphis newspapers.

And it's funny how some you guys think I should "research it" when I wasn't the one who made the claim that the Grizz "DEMANDED he be included in the deal or it was off." The burden of proof should be on the one who made the statement.

I ask for a link as proof of what milkshakeballa CLAIMS was said and a couple of you tell me to find it myself?

And funny how all the Laker fans in here are lining up like they all thought it was a fair trade since the day that is was made and have supposedly "stuck to their guns" on the deal since Day One. It reality, it's the same bandwagon fans jumpin on the "Gasol trade was a fair trade" bandwagon too.
    Well I didn't tell you to go look it up. But all this has been argued ad nauseum. It's been shown many times that it was well known Pau was on the block, that the Grizz wanted Marc in the deal, and that since they couldnt get equal value for Pau that they were persuing a salary dump to use cap space to sign a later prospect. And no matter how many times you show it, how many people INVOLVED in the trade comment on it, the haters don't believe and just continue to spew utter nonsense.

I for one argued day one that the trade is not nearly as lopsided as eveyone was making out and that it couldnt truly be evaluated until you saw who they picked up with the cap space and picks. And anyone who knows basketball could see Marc had potential and was improving dramatically year to year.

Funny how when others like myself point all this out that the haters just keep coming back with claims that all the participants and people actually in the know are lying, that we are bandwagon fans, or that the league conspired to help the Lakers. They just cant grasp that some people actually know more and can evaluate talent better.

And look what has happened. It's two years later and everything I predicted about the trade not be so lopsided has come true. Aparently the Grizz knew what they were doing and you cannot argue that. The results are in the pudding.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Not really. Its not so much a prediction than a Lie. Heisley knew all along he was going to move the grizz. So it can be a possibility that he's lying about Jerry.

Regardless, my comment is more towards Heisley than the gasol trade itself
    I am curious as to how you know that he all along he was moving the Grizz and lied. You have proof of that or is that just another baseless accusation like the Jerry West one?

We all know the answer don't we?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am curious as to how you know that he all along he was moving the Grizz and lied. You have proof of that or is that just another baseless accusation like the Jerry West one?

We all know the answer don't we?

After buying the team, Heisley held a presser stating that he promises to keep the Grizz in Vancouver.

The team was moved after a year and in an interview with Memphis media he claimed he made no such promise

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    After buying the team, Heisley held a presser stating that he promises to keep the Grizz in Vancouver.

The team was moved after a year and in an interview with Memphis media he claimed he made no such promise
    You are not telling the entire story here.

"... I realize that about 20% of what gets quoted in the news media is accurate, 50% is somewhat accurate and about 30-40% is downright [worthless]. The reality is I never promised the people of Vancouver I wouldn’t move. The news media kept asking and I kept saying I have no plans to move. I have no intentions of moving unless it becomes obvious it won’t work out here and then they said how long is that going to be and I said I can’t give you a time. I don’t know.

I was paying $6 million a year to rent the arena. I didn't have any sky boxes. I didn't have any revenue from the concessions. I had no parking revenue. So I lost over $50 million in the first year.

So I offered to sell to local owners if they promised to stay in Vancouver. Several parties looked at the books. No one made an offer so this story about my moving after I promised not to move thing is just pure bull.

Nobody ever produced a clip or a statement that I said I was going to do that other than a reporter just put it down. A reporter just put it in the papers, and everybody believed it."
    Last edited by namlook; 02-21-2010 at 08:06 AM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You are not telling the entire story here.

"... I realize that about 20% of what gets quoted in the news media is accurate, 50% is somewhat accurate and about 30-40% is downright [worthless]. The reality is I never promised the people of Vancouver I wouldn’t move. The news media kept asking and I kept saying I have no plans to move. I have no intentions of moving unless it becomes obvious it won’t work out here and then they said how long is that going to be and I said I can’t give you a time. I don’t know.

I was paying $6 million a year to rent the arena. I didn't have any sky boxes. I didn't have any revenue from the concessions. I had no parking revenue. So I lost over $50 million in the first year.

So I offered to sell to local owners if they promised to stay in Vancouver. Several parties looked at the books. No one made an offer so this story about my moving after I promised not to move thing is just pure bull.

Nobody ever produced a clip or a statement that I said I was going to do that other than a reporter just put it down. A reporter just put it in the papers, and everybody believed it."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes this is exactly the interview I was referring to that he had with Memphis Media.

These numbers were available to him BEFORE he purchased the team. he knew exactly what he will lose money on. Now its the same excuse for leaving?

Bottom line, Heisley was all over the media here in Vancouver promising not to leave. In that interview he pretty much does a full 180

Its ok Laker fan, just because he lied here doesnt mean he's lying about Gasol trade

Back 2 Back
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ok lets say the cavs get big z back so essentially its a late first rounder for antawn.
    thats the worst trade so far. memphis ended up with marc and 2 first rounders, t wolves ended up with al jeff, gomes, and a first rounder, and nets got a solid young player in lee.

Thread Information