Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know what you ing about though, with us being first and Uruguay playing like they are, you're not likely to meet us in the round of 16. Just like you wanted. You and the rest of the Uruguay squad.
    so now you're telling me Argentina wants to meet us there?

You're due with Uruguay just like you are with Mexico... pray to get either South Africa or France

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We'll see how Maradona's Argentina reacts when they play a real team

We drew 0-0 with France the only real team so far not that I have any credentials, though TBH Argentina's defense is nothing to be scared about...
    OK

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so now you're telling me Argentina wants to meet us there?

You're due with Uruguay just like you are with Mexico... pray to get either South Africa or France
    I hope both URU and ARG move on...

But if they have to play eachother...

LOL Bolati!!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you cant play afraid of injuries, you just cant. no matter the sport.

with samuel hurt (i dont think its too serious), you can play burdisso some more; with jonas out you can try otamendi in defense. up front play milito in place of higuain. I would rest tevez and put in pastore, then around the half change messi for aguero, masche for bolatti, and clemente rodriguez for heinze or micho (clemente sucks now, and you'd have to shift the others so clemente is on the side but whatever just get one of heinze/micho some rest before the next game).

messi has played great but he still hasnt found his shot and he needs to be comfortable with his role, know where his outlets are, where his help is upfront, etc. against korea there were a couple balls he lost right in front of the backline that can be the difference in a close game.

and at urunobili. our 3rd goal was 10cm offside, the 1st was an own goal, the other 2 were clean and the last easily the best play of the cup so far. your 1st goal was a deflection, your 2nd goal was offside if not for the deflection, not a penalty, and got the other team a red card. if anything suarez should have got a yellow for his dive. who needs the refs?

edit: i saw another angle and of uruguay's second goal and the ball didnt deflect on a defender, it deflected off another uruguayan, definitely off side. you guys were lucky to win 1-0 yesterday off the deflection.
    Last edited by diego; 06-17-2010 at 09:37 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have family in Colonia. I have URU as my 2nd team...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh, and palermo > forlan, yes, I'm serious.

bar a miracle, whoever comes out of group A is going to lose to argentina

and DAF, I'm 99% sure cards reset past the group stage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh, and palermo > forlan, yes, I'm serious.

bar a miracle, whoever comes out of group A is going to lose to argentina

and DAF, I'm 99% sure cards reset past the group stage.
    Cards reset in the quarters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would play:

Romero

Garce Burdisso Otamendi Clemente

Pastore Bolatti M.Rodriguez

Messi

Aguero Milito

Messi needs to score to elevate his confidence even more, that's why I put him there.

In the second half Put Palermo for Messi and Di marķa for Maxi, maybe give Andujar or Pozzo a couple of minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't get to see the match since I'm actually busy at work today (lol), but congrats to argies, lol @ hat-trick, and messi shudda had one

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And for the second round I think that Maxi should play instead of Veron, the team is more balanced with Rodriguez coming and going on the right wing than Veron playing way too close to Mascherano. I would also play Burdisso or Otamendi instead of Gutierrez.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol let the Argie hype begin!
    the higher the flight the hardest the fall

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you wake up with the left foot today?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I couldnt see the game But it was a good one I see by looking at the score.
    Nice Argentina

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you wake up with the left foot today?
    lol DAF

I think Messi is the best player int he world and the humblest one...

Maradona the ultimate bag...

I have ALWAYS supported Argentina... I just can't do it again until both Maradona and Heinze are gone...

I have always been considered a hater in my country for supporting Argentina (sorry to disappoint but Uruguayan's best kept hidden secret is that they support Brazil) but this time and after the way Maradona conducted himself on the last qualifying match I can't buddy...

As a player Maradona vs Uruguay? lol they BARELY beat us in 1986 and then we on that same world champion team IN THEIR HOUSE to win the 1987 America's cup there... followed by the yet again semi final elimination in 1989 in Brazil...

Eat Tacos.Lift Stones. Dinamita's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    My fantasy team strikers have been . Rooney, Van Persie & Messi. When are one of these ers gonna score? Messi has been the best of the 3 by far though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My fantasy team strikers have been . Rooney, Van Persie & Messi. When are one of these ers gonna score? Messi has been the best of the 3 by far though.
    Do you get points only for goals? 'Cause Messi has been the star of both Argentine's games.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and argentina is still by far the country with the most copa america and copa libertadores les, even if you put brazil and uruguay together. its the damn world cups we come up short.

i dont think argentina is favorite for anything, but they should definitely make it to quarters and we'll see who we face there.

i like uruguay, the country, the people, even the team. but you're going around saying argentina needs the ref or a korean to score (after making 4), a day after getting a goal off a deflection and a wrongly called penalty with red card included. i'll call you out on that every time.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Do you get points only for goals? 'Cause Messi has been the star of both Argentine's games.
    No but you get +5 points for goals.
    Messi has been avaraging about 8 pts a game while rooney and van persie have gotten only about 3 pts for their last matches

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and argentina is still by far the country with the most copa america and copa libertadores les, even if you put brazil and uruguay together. its the damn world cups we come up short.
    Check your facts...

Uruguay 2 WC, 2 Gold Medals and SAME amount of Copa America's as Argentina...

Libertadores is a different story though... great that your 30 million country has 4,5 more than a 3 million one

i dont think argentina is favorite for anything, but they should definitely make it to quarters and we'll see who we face there.
    that's more real right there

i like uruguay, the country, the people, even the team. but you're going around saying argentina needs the ref or a korean to score (after making 4), a day after getting a goal off a deflection and a wrongly called penalty with red card included. i'll call you out on that every time.
    I like Argentineans and their culture and BEAUTIFUL country... I despise THIS team... I just said it to get into your heads a little and it worked wonderfully well!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Happens every time.

It's hard not to with the way this team is playing though...

Ain't over 'till its over MaNuMaNiAc's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah Uru, excuse us Argies for getting excited for our team... I think the inferiority complex Uruguayans have is hilarious...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah Uru, excuse us Argies for getting excited for our team... I think the inferiority complex Uruguayans have is hilarious...
    Yeah I agree

Constantly being abused by an Older / Bigger brother that would do anything not to let you grow and steals the best of you generates that

What comes around goes around... We'll see in the next 10 years how the saga continues...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and BTW... you should all be happy with me not supporting Argentina... chances are they'll win it all because of it

Thread Information