Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    silverblk mystix
    At least you didn't tell me to wash my ass, that dude and his ass fetish creeps me out.

ok all BS aside top this solo.

1:55 MARK

Not too bad, but I actually like the recorded version that was on that song-I believe it was also vivian campbell.

There are so many great solos..some are great studio recordings, some come out spontaneously better when played live, some are improvs, some are constructed meticulously and then repeated live....

So many-

Impossible to pick the best.

silverblk mystix
    ...but...I always thought this was a very well crafted and melodic solo with melody, fire, passion, and craft. (starting around the 2:40 mark)

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Ole Miss Rebels
    mouse your taste in music is kinda questionable brah.

Rooster-Lollypops TheManFromAcme's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    ...but...I always thought this was a very well crafted and melodic solo with melody, fire, passion, and craft. (starting around the 2:40 mark)

Ah yes, remember this one quite well.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Not too bad, but I actually like the recorded version that was on that song-I believe it was also vivian campbell.
    I have to agree! The reason I have been posting the live versions is because everyone seems to have a video of each solo being played.

Also if I knew it wasn't vivian campbell I wouldn't have never had posted the video in the first place.... good heads up!

There are so many great solos..some are great studio recordings, some come out spontaneously better when played live, some are improvs, some are constructed meticulously and then repeated live....

So many-

Impossible to pick the best.
    After this debate I have come to the same conclusions. I often bypass best of topics because what I love you may hate. But since the topic was about SRV I noticed I had an opportunity to post my Rock bottom video.

In reality Jimi Hedrix is above many guitar players for the mere fact he was "before" them. I was shocked you didn't pull out the seniority card.

After all who is to say michael schenker didn't listen to Jimi Hendrix when growing up and it may have influiced his style of playing and may have been the reason he even decided to play the electric guitar.

Many times I read where 80s bands talk about the music that influenced them growing up Jimi Hendrix is always on the list.

I myself have been known to defend the Beatles,CCR and Kraftwerk because they was around before many 80s bands were old enough to buy beer.
    So the topic would have been better if it read "SRV.........best guitarist of the decade" because its not wise to try and compare 1960 with 1980 or 1990
    each decade had its style and technology to produce music its not fare to compare Bob Dylan with Ozzy Osborne.

So long story short I will admit Jimi Hendrix is superior to Michael Schenker.
    please accept my apology's.

good day gentlemen.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    mouse your taste in music is kinda questionable brah.

I like listening to music from the Latin Breed to Kraftwerk.
    So in reality what you said is really the best compliment you can give a person who loves all kinds of music so therefore I thank you!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    and we all know michael j fox is the greatest

Michael J's skills may have saved the space-time continuum but I don't think he has what it takes to save his own soul by outplaying the Devil's guitarist like Ralph Machio did.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    pff has the devil Ever beaten anyone in any musical contest?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Michael J's skills may have saved the space-time continuum

Michael J is known to shake things up in the rock world.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Touche. The devil's chop are overrated by most.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks

can't wait to listen to these tonight after a few rolling rocks!

silverblk mystix
    I have to agree! The reason I have been posting the live versions is because everyone seems to have a video of each solo being played.

Also if I knew it wasn't vivian campbell I wouldn't have never had posted the video in the first place.... good heads up!

After this debate I have come to the same conclusions. I often bypass best of topics because what I love you may hate. But since the topic was about SRV I noticed I had an opportunity to post my Rock bottom video.

In reality Jimi Hedrix is above many guitar players for the mere fact he was "before" them. I was shocked you didn't pull out the seniority card.

After all who is to say michael schenker didn't listen to Jimi Hendrix when growing up and it may have influiced his style of playing and may have been the reason he even decided to play the electric guitar.

Many times I read where 80s bands talk about the music that influenced them growing up Jimi Hendrix is always on the list.

I myself have been known to defend the Beatles,CCR and Kraftwerk because they was around before many 80s bands were old enough to buy beer.
    So the topic would have been better if it read "SRV.........best guitarist of the decade" because its not wise to try and compare 1960 with 1980 or 1990
    each decade had its style and technology to produce music its not fare to compare Bob Dylan with Ozzy Osborne.

So long story short I will admit Jimi Hendrix is superior to Michael Schenker.
    please accept my apology's.

good day gentlemen.

Enjoyable thread-for a change.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks

Enjoyable thread-for a change.

It was your ukulele youtube link that showed me the light.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Where is the great Billy Gibbons? The man jams with grit and soul.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Ok.............I have to admit..............Stanley Jordan is pretty bad mufawkin axe. SRV with one guitar........Stanley with two.

/thread again.

silverblk mystix
    Maybe a couple other underrated solos here...

Thin Lizzy-Cowboy Song...solo #1 @2:23....solo #2 @ 4:10

Queen...Dragon Attack...solo @2:00

Knopfler...Sultans of Swing...solo @ 4:55 until the glorious ending...tasty!

Trower-Too Rolling Stoned...solo @ 3:50 until the cows come home...jam!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    After a few rolling rocks I noticed on the 06:00 mark on this video I may have spoken to soon.

silverblk mystix
    After a few rolling rocks I noticed on the 06:00 mark on this video I may have spoken to soon.

I'd say it is time for some new beer...

maybe a Shiner Hefeweizen?

silverblk mystix
    and listen to the Trower posted above-from the 3:50 mark...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    That is o school esse.

but I like there...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    I'd say it is time for some new beer...

maybe a Shiner Hefeweizen?

Dude I live in a trailer........I am just happy to find a half a 40oz in the fridge.....

I don't drink beer because it taste good.... I drink beer to catch a wave.

drink at least 7 to 8 rolling rocks before you make an excuse not to hit the dance floor.

Last edited by mouse; 12-06-2010 at 10:53 PM.

Thread Information