Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    arielhelwani Ariel Helwani
    Just spoke to Cesar again. He said he's located Diaz and he is fine. Diaz is disappointed the fight is off and surprised too. ...

He says Nick didn't feel comfortable doing all the media, which led to the no shows. Cesar respects the UFC's decision ...

but does think "it's kinda harsh." Both Nick and Cesar have talked to Dana since the presser. No news on what's next, but he's still in UFC

Post Count
    He doesn't show up to the presser but posts this dumb video..

Cut this tool-bag..

now I'm hearing rumors of Diaz fighting Penn....

Dana is just butthurt that not everyone listens to him and he takes it personal why not fine the guy or reduce his pay? he still deserves the shot based on his record last i checked you didn't get le shots by talking to the media

Post Count
    Dana is just butthurt that not everyone listens to him and he takes it personal why not fine the guy or reduce his pay? he still deserves the shot based on his record last i checked you didn't get le shots by talking to the media
    I think Dana is trying to prove something... and he's letting him know he's no longer in the minors.. I applaud what he did, I honestly don't think Diaz deserved the shot just yet, and I think GSP would've beaten him just as easy as he's beaten the rest...

This gives the UFC some "drama" and he's gonna get his le shot in the future, and you better believe Diaz will be at the press conferences.. we'll see who it'll be against though..

bjpenndotcom BJ PENN
    Dana just offered me a deal I can't refuse.pretty sure I'm still fighting on Oct. 29th.

Post Count
    bjpenndotcom BJ PENN
    Dana just offered me a deal I can't refuse.pretty sure I'm still fighting on Oct. 29th.
    So Nick's reward is Penn and then a le shot if he wins still..

Post Count
    This is from Diaz's own manager..

"I would have driven him to Vegas if it came to that. I don't care. He just turned his phone off and acted like a little kid."

"I don't blame Dana White on this at all," "This is a professional company, and Nick is a 28-year-old man."

UFC Signs Tristar Gym Product, Francis Carmont for UFC 137 Debut
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/9/8/...-ufc-137-debut

danawhite Dana White
    This is crazy but here we go again! You wanted it so you got it. Penn vs Diaz Oct 27th in Vegas

so maybe there was more to Diaz missing the flight, Dana got more info...

after diaz flying gogo plata's bj penn hes gonna outbox gsp
    yay

Nicks not huge but his size over BJ is whats going to help him win but BJ can strike with him unlike GSP

Motivation for me... Stringer_Bell's Avatar
    Post Count
    Welterweight Championship bout: Georges St-Pierre (c) vs. Carlos Condit
    - Despite Condit being the toughest dude GSP has fought, I can see this ending in a submission in the championship rounds. Condit won't be able to stop the takedowns the entire fight, so he'll be training off his back a lot - I expect to see the most furious strikes from the bottom we've seen in a long time.
    Welterweight bout: Nick Diaz vs. B.J. Penn
    - Finally, a fight where Diaz is going to engage someone with fighting intellect. This is going to be fun, and BJ wins by RNC in the 3rd round.
    Heavyweight bout: Cheick Kongo vs. Matt Mitrione
    - Meathead is too quick on his feet for Kongo, he might even get the flash KO.
    Heavyweight bout: Roy Nelson vs. Mirko Filipović
    - I love CroCop, but this is his retirement fight. Dana set it up to dismiss whichever fighter loses, so I hope it's somewhat exciting since one of these guys will be out of a job.
    Lightweight bout: Dennis Siver vs. Donald Cerrone
    - Cerrone is going to outwork Siver all over the place, just watch.

dbreiden83080 you can update your avatar again:

Post Count
    dbreiden83080 you can update your avatar again:
    Ha sweet....

Chris Camozzi returns to octagon, meets Francis Carmont at UFC 137
    by MMAjunkie.com Staff on Sep 12, 2011 at 5:40 pm ET

http://mmajunkie.com/news/25208/chri...ie.com+Feed%29

Post Count
    Hey it's Dallas.. Anyone remember him??
    so what your saying is... if it happened in Pride, it didnt happen

Post Count
    so what your saying is... if it happened in Pride, it didnt happen
    It's in 2011

get over it already.. Read some of Chael Sonnen's thoughts.. Should put your mind at ease..

Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    Post Count
    Now Diaz is passing blame off to his trainers, the UFC, even GSP; it's everybody's fault but his. This is classic addict behavior - screw up, then pass the buck and play the victim.

Now the smokers are going to jump me about how pot isn't addictive - I've heard it all before, so don't bother. I'm not sayin' it's the weed, but he's been acting like an addict for years.

After GSP mess, will Diaz get another shot?

Conspiracy theorists were out in force after the UFC first ejected Nick Diaz from its planned UFC 137 main event, then hours later re-inserted him into the show’s co-featured attraction.

Depending on which message board commenter you asked, Diaz had either “chickened out” of his championship bout against Georges St. Pierre or the UFC was trying desperately to “protect” its popular welterweight list from certain defeat. Diaz himself seemed to buy into the latter, as he led the YouTube video he posted after his removal from the card, “Looks like someone don’t want me to win!”

Early on, there were even rumors of a mysterious, phantom plane crash. So yeah, you could say there was a lot of misinformation zipping around out there.

Before Oliver Stone can get to work on a screenplay however, let’s be clear about a couple of things: Diaz’s ouster from the GSP match had nothing to do with the UFC trying to shelter its champion from a tough challenger or Diaz trying to duck a fight. Diaz simply told UFC brass he’d do one thing (in this case, attend a couple of news conferences) and then did another. Anybody who’s been around the fight company for any length of time knows perhaps the best way to find yourself rapidly unemployed is to lie to the UFC president. Just ask Todd Duffee.

No, the biggest puzzle here is not why the organization blew up Diaz vs. St. Pierre -- that part was perfectly justified -- but why the UFC still wants to have anything at all to do with Nick Diaz. If White can “never accept Diaz’s word” again as he’s said, why keep him around at all? And if he can’t be trusted with the responsibility of a UFC le shot, what happens if he beats B.J. Penn next month in Las Vegas?

About these things we can only speculate. White’s Friday interview with Yahoo! Sports’ Kevin Iole didn’t shed a ton of light on how Diaz went from the brink of being out of a job to being back in a fight that will feature prominently on the UFC 137 pay-per-view, but it did at least give some clues about why the company still wants him.

“To tell you the truth, the excuses he gave me [for missing the news conferences] made no sense,” White told Iole. “You’ve interviewed Nick Diaz before. You know what I’m talking about. But I started thinking about this: This kid is a real fighter and I love the B.J. Penn-Nick Diaz fight. He always does show up to fight ... He told me he couldn’t handle the pressure of the main event. It wasn’t that he couldn’t fight it or wouldn’t have fought it, but all the responsibilities that come with fighting in the main event, he said he couldn’t deal with that.”

While that doesn’t exactly sound like a ringing endorsement, it does indicate that given some time to think it over UFC brass decided (despite the headaches) they are better off hanging onto Diaz than letting him go fight for someone else. Even still, if the Stockton bad boy manages to pull off the victory against Penn -- he opened as a slight underdog, according to oddsmakers -- then the UFC will have an even more interesting decision to make.

Perhaps with different expectations from everyone, a second attempt at a fight between Diaz and St. Pierre could still work. In fact, the storyline kind of books itself, as one of the UFC’s most favored sons would prepare to take on the troubled child who refuses to play by the company’s rules. Certainly, Diaz is still a very marketable fighter and, in a weird way, this latest debacle has arguably made him even more interesting to the fight-watching public. But will the UFC ever again have enough confidence in him to put him in such a high profile spot?

If it does, at least now the fight promotion knows it will have to do most of that aforementioned marketing itself. It’s certainly not going to get any help from Diaz.

http://espn.go.com/blog/mma/post?id=4184

Matt Hughes has enlisted the services of some old buddies ahead of his fight with Josh Koscheck.

http://espn.go.com/blog/mma/post?id=4171
    Last edited by ace3g; 09-14-2011 at 11:43 PM.

Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    Post Count
    Matt Hughes has enlisted the services of some old buddies ahead of his fight with Josh Koscheck.

http://espn.go.com/blog/mma/post?id=4171
    Never thought I'd cheer for Koscheck, but Matt Hughes is one of those people that I just wish would fall off the face of the earth.

Post Count
    Now Diaz is passing blame off to his trainers, the UFC, even GSP; it's everybody's fault but his. This is classic addict behavior - screw up, then pass the buck and play the victim.

Now the smokers are going to jump me about how pot isn't addictive - I've heard it all before, so don't bother. I'm not sayin' it's the weed, but he's been acting like an addict for years.
    All Diaz had to do was pick up the damn phone when Dana was calling his ass about no showing the Toronto presser.. If he showed his bosses even a little bit of enthusiasm about the fight he'd still be head-lining..

Post Count
    It's in 2011

get over it already.. Read some of Chael Sonnen's thoughts.. Should put your mind at ease..
    so because its 2011 and it happened in Pride, Nick diaz never tapped Gomi from his back?

Post Count
    so because its 2011 and it happened in Pride, Nick diaz never tapped Gomi from his back?
    Someone find this man a Chael Sonnen quote

Fast...

Thread Information