Y1 16.63
    Y2 17.87
    Y3 19.12
    Y4 20.37
    Y5 21.61

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is due to make 2.9 mil next year.. Spurs could offer him 4 years at 40 mil and that would be one of a raise..

are you freaking kidding me? do you want to loose him or what?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is due to make 2.9 mil next year.. Spurs could offer him 4 years at 40 mil and that would be one of a raise..
    Are you joking or what? What a ridiculous low ball offer that would be to start the negotiations off. Do you want Kawhi's people pissed off from the get go? If he wants to take a pay cut and help the Spurs out, I seriously doubt it's going to be that low of a number.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, I am one of the people who thinks Kawhi is overrated and has a lower ceiling, and even I think maxing him out is a no-brainer. It's just not worth the money to lose him. The Big Three have taken pay cuts precisely so the Spurs could pay market value for their teammates. It would be an insult to them to not pay Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you joking or what? What a ridiculous low ball offer that would be to start the negotiations off. Do you want Kawhi's people pissed off from the get go? If he wants to take a pay cut and help the Spurs out, I seriously doubt it's going to be that low of a number.
    Is 12 mil a lowball offer? It's what our all star former finals MVP pg is currently making. I'm sure tony will be thrilled to hear this guy is raking in 20 mil 3 years into his tenure..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is 12 mil a lowball offer? It's what our all star former finals MVP pg is currently making. I'm sure tony will be thrilled to hear this guy is raking in 20 mil 3 years into his tenure..
    Splitter made more money than Manu last year. Didn't seem to cause too many problems.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're still thinking it's about what you think or what Tony thinks or whatever. It's about what he can get on the open market, period.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're still thinking it's about what you think or what Tony thinks or whatever. It's about what he can get on the open market, period.
    Nobody knows that until he hits it.. If he was offered a 4 year 48 mil deal by the spurs I think he'd probably sign it.. And if a team like Houston will pay him 20 mil now they can have him. Kl is not leading this team to chips. He doesn't have that level of talent.. He is a Scottie not a Jordan..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you think james is worth the max?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody knows that until he hits it.. If he was offered a 4 year 48 mil deal by the spurs I think he'd probably sign it.. And if a team like Houston will pay him 20 mil now they can have him. Kl is not leading this team to chips. He doesn't have that level of talent.. He is a Scottie not a Jordan..
    you must be ing blind or not watch any spurs games. KL makes the spurs an elite team. Without his defense and scoring ability the Spurs would not be able to have won the championship.

I think a 5 year 80 million would be fair contract.

If not he will be a free agent in 2015 and there will be teams willing to offer max money.

Oh and one more thing... Jordan wouldn't be what he is without Scottie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you must be ing blind or not watch any spurs games. KL makes the spurs an elite team. Without his defense and scoring ability the Spurs would not be able to have won the championship.

I think a 5 year 80 million would be fair contract.

If not he will be a free agent in 2015 and there will be teams willing to offer max money.

Oh and one more thing... Jordan wouldn't be what he is without Scottie.
    I'm talking about the future not now. He is not a franchise level guy. If you think years from now the spurs are going up against durant and Westbrook with kl as the main piece and winning you are completely delusional..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you still defending that offer? I'm not even going to respond with any kind of reasoning. If you can't understand free agency and what other players are getting on the open market, then I don't know think there's anything more anyone can tell you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have to make a strong offer and wrap him up. Personally, I'm a little worried about his knees and question his durability. But they might as well lock him up and roll the dice.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Personally, I'd like him to take a little less than the max if it will help the Spurs in getting better players around him, but I wouldn't low ball him and ask him to take a lot less than guys like Chandler Parsons and Gordon Hayward got this off-season.

That's the quickest way to piss off Kawhi and his agent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm talking about the future not now. He is not a franchise level guy. If you think years from now the spurs are going up against durant and Westbrook with kl as the main piece and winning you are completely delusional..
    Nostradamus predicting Kawhi's career. I assume back in 2012 you'd knew he'd win Finals MVP at age 22 as well, right?

You don't win the Finals MVP at a historically young age and not get the max. I can't believe how many people are arguing this.

If Kawhi signs for anything less, it was on his terms.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi grew up in the Inland Empire of SoCal. He idolized Shaquille and Kobe, and has said that he incorporated elements of both of their games into his. The Lakers will have a pot of money again next year. Do the math. They WILL drop a MAX offer sheet on him if he hits the market next summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have to make a strong offer and wrap him up. Personally, I'm a little worried about his knees and question his durability. But they might as well lock him up and roll the dice.
    There is nothing at all wrong with his knees and never has been.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nostradamus predicting Kawhi's career. I assume back in 2012 you'd knew he'd win Finals MVP at age 22 as well, right?

You don't win the Finals MVP at a historically young age and not get the max. I can't believe how many people are arguing this.

If Kawhi signs for anything less, it was on his terms.
    People forget that Kawhii should have been a top 10 pick as well. The Jazz passed on him twice with two top 15 picks.. wasn't it? The Spurs were extremely lucky to be in the position to have a piece the Pacers were in need of, and to have him fall so far. They should have never..realistically came close to drafting Leonard without losing someone like a Manu.

One of the reasons people didn't pick him up was the worry of his shot translating on the pro level. Now...
    Kawhi is crazy efficient when he's on. He was keeping up with Lebron James scoring in game 3 and 4, taking Half the amount of shots with the Heat actually focusing on him. That's ridiculous.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People forget that Kawhii should have been a top 10 pick as well. The Jazz passed on him twice with two top 15 picks.. wasn't it? The Spurs were extremely lucky to be in the position to have a piece the Pacers were in need of, and to have him fall so far. They should have never..realistically came close to drafting Leonard without losing someone like a Manu.

One of the reasons people didn't pick him up was the worry of his shot translating on the pro level. Now...
    Kawhi is crazy efficient when he's on. He was keeping up with Lebron James scoring in game 3 and 4, taking Half the amount of shots with the Heat actually focusing on him. That's ridiculous.
    Comparing a top 10 not even a top 3 or nothing to 2011 manu is absurd.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs was headed for a Utah Jazz 1998 ending after the series was tied 1-1 going into Miami.

Kawhi basically completely canceled out LeBron next three games, offense/defense/crazy EFFICIENCY, he carried the Spurs and changed the series. Anyone who can cancel out LeBron for three straight games on the biggest stage is going to get paid.

If Parsons can get 15 million a year, finals MVP is getting a max for sure. If Kawhi leaves a couple of million on the table as a courtesy for Spurs family and appreciate of Pop, good for him, but max is fair price to pay for a finals MVP period.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Comparing a top 10 not even a top 3 or nothing to 2011 manu is absurd.

That wasn't a comparison. I was referring to how little the Spurs gave up, and what most would have to give up in the same cir stance. Manu was the only significant trade asset at the time that was notable. Getting the pick for George Hill was a steal. A steal to pick a top 10 pick that shouldn't have been there. I was pointing out how incredibly lucky the Spurs were for all this to happen.

Had nothing to do with comparison of players.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That wasn't a comparison. I was referring to how little the Spurs gave up, and what most would have to give up in the same cir stance. Manu was the only significant trade asset at the time that was notable. Getting the pick for George Hill was a steal. A steal to pick a top 10 pick that shouldn't have been there. I was pointing out how incredibly lucky the Spurs were for all this to happen.

Had nothing to do with comparison of players.
    Spurs were lucky, but made a lot of that luck themselves.

-No one new who Hill was, or what IUPUI was, when we drafted him. People all over the board were screaming to draft a PG from a bigger-name school. The Spurs recognized the potential, and developed his talent to the point where another team was willing to trade a pick at 15 for someone we drafted at 26.

-It's hardly as if Kawhi was the only borderline top-ten pick to fall into the teens over the last several years. Most of those don't pan out. Spurs recognized the potential and made the deal, trading a proven rotation player for an unproven rookie who had dropped in the draft.

Essentially, the Spurs scouting and player development teams turned a 26th pick into a player most would now call a top-3 pick in his respective draft. That's talent, not just luck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs were lucky, but made a lot of that luck themselves.

-No one new who Hill was, or what IUPUI was, when we drafted him. People all over the board were screaming to draft a PG from a bigger-name school. The Spurs recognized the potential, and developed his talent to the point where another team was willing to trade a pick at 15 for someone we drafted at 26.

-It's hardly as if Kawhi was the only borderline top-ten pick to fall into the teens over the last several years. Most of those don't pan out. Spurs recognized the potential and made the deal, trading a proven rotation player for an unproven rookie who had dropped in the draft.

Essentially, the Spurs scouting and player development teams turned a 26th pick into a player most would now call a top-3 pick in his respective draft. That's talent, not just luck.
    It wasn't lucky that they recognized and took advantage of a great situation, but it was EXTREMELY lucky that Kawhi fell to 15, when some sites had him as high as #6.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wasn't lucky that they recognized and took advantage of a great situation, but it was EXTREMELY lucky that Kawhi fell to 15, when some sites had him as high as #6.
    Exactly.

Thread Information