My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what's that supposed to tell me?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ESPN sources say newly unrestricted free agent Cory Joseph is closing in on a deal with the Toronto Raptors

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm Calm
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn. Will miss cojo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just sucks he's going to be behind another fat PG on the rotation there...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RIP Cujo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, can't believe the spurs are letting the best PG on the roster walk, tbh.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully it winds up a nice payday for him. Gets to go home too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good for him tbqh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting paid and going home. Good for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hard worker, not a complainer, always ready to go

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice, good pickup by the Raptors, he will be able to handle the ball with Williams and Vazquez gone..

He always got a nice ovation whenever the Spurs would play Toronto, tbh..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sucks, but expected. CoJo was hit or miss for me, but he worked hard and never complained about playing time. Best of luck where you go.

I'm Calm
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop wasn't lying when he said the team would look different next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well it was either Mills or Joseph, Mills was a better fit on the bench especially if Manu comes back. It seems like Spurs are serious about experimenting with Anderson as point guard which I'm not a fan of. Glad Joseph went home, hopefully we see him in a Spurs uniform again one day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kendall Marshall

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well it was either Mills or Joseph, Mills was a better fit on the bench especially if Manu comes back. It seems like Spurs are serious about experimenting with Anderson as point guard which I'm not a fan of. Glad Joseph went home, hopefully we see him in a Spurs uniform again one day.
    I don't see how this move means anything about Anderson. The Spurs PGs are basically Tony and Patty, with Gino doing fill-ins... it's only a problem if those guys get hurt or Manu retires.

It's a give and take, tbh, when you make a move as large as LMA, you're bound to have to make some cuts somewhere else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's terrible.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Before anyone jumps off a cliff, remember that Cory Joseph couldn't get any minutes against the Clippers. He also started at point guard during the worst stretch of the Spur season. He's a career back up. A good backup and one that was getting better, but he was no where near irreplaceable, and he wasn't going to get minutes from Patty once Patty was healthy.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder what the contract numbers are....hopefully he raked in those Canadian dollars.....

And no, the Spurs aren't thinking of running Fathead at the PG spot this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see how this move means anything about Anderson. The Spurs PGs are basically Tony and Patty, with Gino doing fill-ins... it's only a problem if those guys get hurt or Manu retires.

It's a give and take, tbh, when you make a move as large as LMA, you're bound to have to make some cuts somewhere else.
    I read somewhere that the Spurs wanted to use Anderson as a point guard at times that's why I brought it up. Hopefully it's just summer league tbh to get him more comfortable, but he needs to play his natural positions of the backup 3 & at time the 4 when the season comes around. Well hopefully Parker can stay healthy this year and Mills and Manu (if he returns) can cover for him if he doesn't. At the same time who is going to back up Mills when the Spurs are on a back to back with Parker and Manu sitting unless we sign a third point guard, which I hope we do. I think you can find some good defensive point guards in this league, Patty Mills is a perfect fit in our system so I rather have kept him than Joseph.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder what the contract numbers are....hopefully he raked in those Canadian dollars.....

And no, the Spurs aren't thinking of running Fathead at the PG spot this season.

Canadians use coins for their dollars. So hopefully he shoveled in those dollars.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read somewhere that the Spurs wanted to use Anderson as a point guard at times that's why I brought it up. Hopefully it's just summer league tbh to get him more comfortable, but he needs to play his natural positions of the backup 3 & at time the 4 when the season comes around. Well hopefully Parker can stay healthy this year and Mills and Manu (if he returns) can cover for him if he doesn't. At the same time who is going to back up Mills when the Spurs are on a back to back with Parker and Manu sitting unless we sign a third point guard, which I hope we do. I think you can find some good defensive point guards in this league, Patty Mills is a perfect fit in our system so I rather have kept him than Joseph.
    What's a natural position? Pretty sure he played point in college because that's where his coach felt he fit, more, well...naturally. Not saying that it will work in the NBA, but he does seem a natural for it. He may not work at the 3 or 4 either, and he's anything but a natural shooting guard as indicated by all the laughing at his shooting form.

Thread Information