Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    None. He's Mike Bibby in the 90s
    With plumbers "guarding" him and the shortened three-point line, the '90s would be considered the Curry Era, not the DK Era.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curry is already better than Nash and it is not even close... Nash was a perenial loser and never has been as dominant as Curry can be on offense

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Curry is already better than Nash and it is not even close... Nash was a perenial loser and never has been as dominant as Curry can be on offense
    As a scorer, sure ...and I agree steph is better.
    But Nash controlled games with a mix of passing and scoring and I do think steph is a good passer with good vision but nash was a agreat passer with great vision and people should not forget how he dictated tempo with his range and vision. Just because Steph is better we shouldn't forget what Nash accomplished.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I think Steph is better than Nash, clearly so at this point, due to his incredible scoring prowess which just sets him apart. And if he does get this Finals MVP, no matter the stacked teams he played with, he will have an argument regarding the Top 15. Kobe should feel a bit threatened IMO.

My argument was more on how someone like Nash, a Curry-light, never gets mentioned in the same breath.
    LOL why should achilles be threatened anymore than anyone else?
    This baord is so obssessed with 8/24 smh ... if steph surpasses him wgaf? If he does, it's what happens.
    Lebron passed bird and Magic, Shoud they be threatened? or are they still tghe GOAT PG and 2nd best SF ever?
    Steph just broke ray allen's 3 record last night and this season tied the 3pt in a game record (or did he break it?)
    Records are meant to be broken.

For the record I Would be cool if Lebron passed MJ, people hold on to sacred cows to often in sports ... but touigh to do with these final losses mounting.
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 06-04-2018 at 09:41 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a scorer, sure ...and I agree steph is better.
    But Nash controlled games with a mix of passing and scoring and I do think steph is a good passer with good vision but nash was a agreat passer with great vision and people should not forget how he dictated tempo with his range and vision. Just because Steph is better we shouldn't forget what Nash accomplished.
    I don't question what Nash accomplished, he is on the top 10 for sure.. but Curry is largely better, Curry with his very very long range brought something new to the game, the capacity of scoring from way behind the 3 points line and burrying his opponents on short scoring explosion make him one of a kind.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I don't question what Nash accomplished, he is on the top 10 for sure.. but Curry is largely better, Curry with his very very long range brought something new to the game, the capacity of scoring from way behind the 3 points line and burrying his opponents on short scoring explosion make him one of a kind.
    I agree brazil just annoying (not you) when people feel the need to completely rip a guy like Nash who i do think he was a bit overrated in his prime (no he was not a two time MVP level player) and one of his MVPs shoudl have went to LEbron and one to Achilles ... but he was a great offensive player and was a top 5 offensive player for about 3-5 years and is being underrated by some here because he did not make a finals run.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Seeing how much better Dirk got as a player without Nash just sums up Nash's overrated legacy, tbh. Let's not gloss over how Mike Bibby always used to make Nash his in the playoffs.

Nash needs to give Shaq and LeBron their MVPs back.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    if steph surpasses him wgaf?
    All the Kobe stans rooting for the Warriors GAF. They don't realize that LeBron's legacy is already secure and now it's guys like Steph whose legacies they need to be worrying about.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Seeing how much better Dirk got as a player without Nash just sums up Nash's overrated legacy, tbh. Let's not gloss over how Mike Bibby always used to make Nash his in the playoffs.

Nash needs to give Shaq and LeBron their MVPs back.
    It was arguably Dirk, Kobe and Wade that had a stronger claim to that '06 MVP trophy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ahem:

Curry top 15 crofl.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Curry top 15 crofl.
    Not many currently in the top 15 has a better resume, including Bird.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It was arguably Dirk, Kobe and Wade that had a stronger claim to that '06 MVP trophy.
    This but tbh idgaf abount MVP's they have rarely gotten it right in the "Lebron era"
    HE has been robbed of a few same as Jordan ...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Not sure about that. I've seen so many 15+apg games from Nash that it's at least close. He doesn't shoot as many 3s as Chef but if he did, it's a different argument altogether.

Not really fair to call Nash a loser. He just so happened he ran into your Spurs quite often, who also were beating these Dubs (until Zaza happened).

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    With plumbers "guarding" him and the shortened three-point line, the '90s would be considered the Curry Era, not the DK Era.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    curry would have annihilated the 90's tbh... its an era where in reggie miller was one of the best players and steph is better than him in just about every way

reggie was considered the GOAT outside shooter while being sub 40% for his career ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In terms of impact, there is no question Curry > Nash and Stockton. The Warriors are building a dynasty around his skill, and although this Warriors team is very era-specific, Curry has proven he can be the centerpiece (at the minimum offensively) to carry a dynasty. Durant is probably a better player, but the system is Curry. I am not sure either Stockton or Nash can lay claim to that.

At the same time, as a player, I would say Stockton is probably the best of the three, despite being the least accomplished.

In terms of accomplishments: Curry > Nash > Stockton
    In terms of player: Stockton > Curry > Nash

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    curry would have annihilated the 90's tbh... its an era where in reggie miller was one of the best players and steph is better than him in just about every way

reggie was considered the GOAT outside shooter while being sub 40% for his career ...
    Curry is better shooter and ball handler than Miller. What else is he better than Miller at?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not many currently in the top 15 has a better resume, including Bird.
    You mean the guy who won three straight MVPs and a couple of FMVPs? That guy?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You mean the guy who won three straight MVPs and a couple of FMVPs? That guy?
    when i posted that magic bird comparison one of the things most underrated about Bird is how good of a rebounder he was. if you combined rebounds plus assists of the top 15 players im pretty sure (without checking) only the elite rebounders and elite assists men ae hanging with bird who was also a better scorer than Reggie, Nash or magic.

All That being said I think you do overrate him based off his peak, others overrate him because of nostalgia or becuase he is white.
    Bird in his prime was a beast but Lebron has long surpassed him ... and despite the hate, KD is on his way too (not there yet) ...
    Plus Duncan and Achilles have all passed Bird career wise in the past 5 years,
    if you are being honest and not factoring "impact" on the league.

Doesnt diminish how great he was. But those guys and magic all had better careers period. Nothing Bill simmons and other Bird acolytes can say to change it we can play the back issue excuse, but rings, injuries, MJ's sabbaticals etc are all factors when seperating the best from the best ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when i posted that magic bird comparison one of the things most underrated about Bird is how good of a rebounder he was. if you combined rebounds plus assists of the top 15 players im pretty sure (without checking) only the elite rebounders and elite assists men ae hanging with bird who was also a better scorer than Reggie, Nash or magic.

All That being said I think you do overrate him based off his peak, others overrate him because of nostalgia or becuase he is white.
    Bird in his prime was a beast but Lebron has long surpassed him ... and despite the hate, KD is on his way too (not there yet) ...
    Plus Duncan and Achilles have all passed Bird career wise in the past 5 years,
    if you are being honest and not factoring "impact" on the league.

Doesnt diminish how great he was. But those guys and magic all had better careers period. Nothing Bill simmons and other Bird acolytes can say to change it we can play the back issue excuse, but rings, injuries, MJ's sabbaticals etc are all factors when seperating the best from the best ...
    I honestly think we are pretty close on this and are pretty much splitting hairs on this subject.

I think at his peak, Bird is one of the goats, comparable to MJ, Lebron, and Shaq. His career was unfortunately cut off short due to injuries, and the thing that is so great about him is that you just can't find another one like him. in 30 years there hasn't been anyone even remotely close to Bird. There are numerous poor man's Jordans, there are a few new Magics (Lebron is a like a cross between a Magic and Pippen, only improved version), but there hasn't been anything like a Bird, where the vision and feel of the game is so unique.

Career wise, I think Bird's peak was one of the greatest, and the thing that really hurts him is longevity. Duncan has surpassed Bird because of it, but Kobe isn't there. Bird is a clear top 10, Kobe is a 10 to 15 player if we are being honest.

Lebron has surpassed them all. I am just shocked at his impact this playoff run, and was ready to put him above Jordan, but then I thought about how dominant Jordan was, and even how dominant Shaq and Duncan were in some of those playoff runs, and I may really be just too into the moment on this subject. I have to think hard about it.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    He isn’t winning 4-5 rings, dumb . This will be his last championship. This is the 2001-2002 Lakers/2012-2013 Miami Heat. The Warriors were already quite vulnerable this year facing elimination and being down double digits quite a bit. One more offseason and somebody will knock them off.
    Out of my entire post regarding Curry's status all-time - that's your takeaway? 3 rings instead of 4-5?

No wonder you re s need sock puppets for your sock puppets.
    Last edited by resistanze; 06-04-2018 at 07:41 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I honestly think we are pretty close on this and are pretty much splitting hairs on this subject.

I think at his peak, Bird is one of the goats, comparable to MJ, Lebron, and Shaq. His career was unfortunately cut off short due to injuries, and the thing that is so great about him is that you just can't find another one like him. in 30 years there hasn't been anyone even remotely close to Bird. There are numerous poor man's Jordans, there are a few new Magics (Lebron is a like a cross between a Magic and Pippen, only improved version), but there hasn't been anything like a Bird, where the vision and feel of the game is so unique.

Career wise, I think Bird's peak was one of the greatest, and the thing that really hurts him is longevity. Duncan has surpassed Bird because of it, but Kobe isn't there. Bird is a clear top 10, Kobe is a 10 to 15 player if we are being honest.

Lebron has surpassed them all. I am just shocked at his impact this playoff run, and was ready to put him above Jordan, but then I thought about how dominant Jordan was, and even how dominant Shaq and Duncan were in some of those playoff runs, and I may really be just too into the moment on this subject. I have to think hard about it.
    I agree we are close but i think Mamba has surpassed Bird (career wise) but tbh, I really dont care to rank them in the way you do because tbh after #1 and #2 I Really dont care much for the exercise. (I have MJ #1 and Kareem #2.)
    Bird is the 2nd best SF of all time just like Achilles is the 2nd best SG.
    Both are great players for iconic teams and I have them on my all time second team with Shaq, HAkeem and Isiah.
    Lebron and MJ are just so great in the #1 spots that there is a huuuge gap between spots 1 and 2.
    For a short while some could argue (i disagree Kareeem was greater) bird was the best to ever do it from 1980-1985 and then Mj came along ... so his reign was short and by 1987 Magic had caught or passed him too.
    Bean was an MJ clone so tough to be better than the original especially when you have won less than he has.
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 06-04-2018 at 04:08 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure about that. I've seen so many 15+apg games from Nash that it's at least close. He doesn't shoot as many 3s as Chef but if he did, it's a different argument altogether.

Not really fair to call Nash a loser. He just so happened he ran into your Spurs quite often, who also were beating these Dubs (until Zaza happened).
    yeah Rondo also has plenty of games with +15 assists.. not sure how this is relevant to our conversation here.. every PG in a dantoni average +10 apg

well it is fair to call him a loser because he is a loser... never made to any finals and he played for some strong teams..

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    In terms of impact, there is no question Curry > Nash and Stockton. The Warriors are building a dynasty around his skill, and although this Warriors team is very era-specific, Curry has proven he can be the centerpiece (at the minimum offensively) to carry a dynasty. Durant is probably a better player, but the system is Curry. I am not sure either Stockton or Nash can lay claim to that.

At the same time, as a player, I would say Stockton is probably the best of the three, despite being the least accomplished.

In terms of accomplishments: Curry > Nash > Stockton
    In terms of player: Stockton > Curry > Nash
    Curry certainly IS the system.

Zach Lowe's newest piece explains it all too well.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...018-nba-finals

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree we are close but i think Mamba has surpassed Bird (career wise) but tbh, I really dont care to rank them in the way you do because tbh after #1 and #2 I Really dont care much for the exercise. (I have MJ #1 and Kareem #2.)
    Bird is the 2nd best SF of all time just like Achilles is the 2nd best SG.
    Both are great players for iconic teams and I have them on my all time second team with Shaq, HAkeem and Isiah.
    Lebron and MJ are just so great in the #1 spots that there is a huuuge gap between spots 1 and 2.
    For a short while some could argue (i disagree Kareeem was greater) bird was the best to ever do it from 1980-1985 and then Mj came along ... so his reign was short and by 1987 Magic had caught or passed him too.
    Bean was an MJ clone so tough to be better than the original especially when you have won less than he has.
    3 straight MVPs 2 fmvps. Led One of the most dominant teams ever. Bette advanced stats and traditional stats. It’s hard to argue bird < Kobe.

I thought you had Kobe at around 8-12. Where do you have bird?

Thread Information