Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup, this is an easy win. Pop should no longer be the head coach. It’s about what is owed to him now. I’m definitely fine letting him coach out the year, I hope he gets the record. It makes me sad, but it is what it is.
    No such thing as an easy win. The Spurs have only three more wins in the standings than the Rockets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am tired of people blaming everything on Pop.

Our players are not that good. Deal with it.

On Murray for not being Kobe tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs took notes and learned quickly.
    Lol. The reverse Jinx worked my fellow Tank Commanders but alas that was my last one someone else from Brigade is going to have to step up next time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's true, But Pop definitely should have called a timeout there. By far the best way to win the game at that point was to use the TO to get a quick shot then get a steal.
    Or maybe we shouldn't have to rely on that against the Rockets who WERE ing 11-31?

Again, the players just need to show up and play...and they haven't. That's on them.

No amount of X's and O's and half-time speeches is going to fix that.

The players need to figure it out. Period.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could've won it if White, McDermott, and maybe even Jones had played. Not enough talent on the floor with dleague forbes taking 32 min pt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should probably start thinking about a legit tank. They should decide in the next month how much the play in game is worth to them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray got his triple double tho
    Dejuante Murray is a great player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Y'all can't possibly blame Forbes for this loss. I hate him as much as most, but Forbes was fine tonight.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I honestly think without Pop this team would easily have the worst record in the NBA we’re just not good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On Murray for not being Kobe tbh
    I actually think Murray had a great 4th quarter in this game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually think Murray had a great 4th quarter in this game.
    You don't say

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope they are shopping Forbes hard he has had some decent offensive games hopefully a trade will get worked out

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs took notes and learned quickly.
    Lol. The reverse Jinx worked my fellow Tank Commanders but alas that was my last one someone else from Brigade is going to have to step up next time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or maybe we shouldn't have to rely on that against the Rockets who WERE ing 11-31?

Again, the players just need to show up and play...and they haven't. That's on them.

No amount of X's and O's and half-time speeches is going to fix that.

The players need to figure it out. Period.
    I can't ride with you there. What you said could be true while it's also true that Pop should have called a timeout.

I'm fine with the loss. Basically my philosophy this year has been to always want the Spurs to win during the game but be content with them losing after the fact. They're within striking distances of the third spot, which statistically is as good as the worst spot. I think a lot of guys on the roster should be traded and have said as much. But I also can't be mad about a series of games where Primo has gotten a ton of run, Murray has grown as a crunch-time option and Vassell is coming back from his time away looking okay. If they can draft the right front-court player to go with them, it'll be interesting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I honestly think without Pop this team would easily have the worst record in the NBA we’re just not good.
    I don't think Pop has made them any worse than they are but Pop really hasn't made them better overall. Pop has definitely cost them in late game situations (not enough to really matter overall I'd guess) because he's a terrible end of game coach and while I'm sure he's pushed some right buttons with a few players I can't think of anything he's done xs and os wise that really stands out as a positive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't ride with you there. What you said could be true while it's also true that Pop should have called a timeout.

I'm fine with the loss. Basically my philosophy this year has been to always want the Spurs to win during the game but be content with them losing after the fact. They're within striking distances of the third spot, which statistically is as good as the worst spot. I think a lot of guys on the roster should be traded and have said as much. But I also can't be mad about a series of games where Primo has gotten a ton of run, Murray has grown as a crunch-time option and Vassell is coming back from his time away looking okay. If they can draft the right front-court player to go with them, it'll be interesting.
    I agree with all your positives and I'd throw in KBD looking pretty decent to that list. Here's to hoping Forbes continues his good run of play so maybe he'll get traded at the deadline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually I on Forbes as much as anyone here, but you actually have to give it to him that he's developed the ability to get his own shot. He still makes decisions, but there have been many times this season where he's shown an improved ability to score and not just be a spot up shooter. I still think he's a net negative due to his inability to guard anyone but in the right situation he'd actually be a valuable asset at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with all your positives and I'd throw in KBD looking pretty decent to that list. Here's to hoping Forbes continues his good run of play so maybe he'll get traded at the deadline.
    zero chance Forms gets traded

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously the W or L goes beyond certain stretches of play but the Spurs have been terrible at the start of these fourth quarters when DJ is on the bench.

Thought KJ and DV were solid considering they had just returned. Spurs got outgunned and outrun in this one. Not putting the blame on any particular person in this one.

When you run a motion Offense w/o a primary weapon you need all parts to perform at the level that’s expected.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    zero chance Forms gets traded
    Yeah IDK. I actually think he'd help a team like the Lakers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yep I just aren't very good usually poor shooting in the low 40s getting out rebounded not really showing any intensity trying to save a bit of honor

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah IDK. I actually think he'd help a team like the Lakers.
    Even if a team wanted him, no way Pop signs off on it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our team is perfectly fine, at full strength. We can't afford for even one player to be out though.

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lmao

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Y'all can't possibly blame Forbes for this loss. I hate him as much as most, but Forbes was fine tonight.
    Forbes has been playing well recently. Do I dare hope he is being featured for a possible trade? Volume 3 pt shooters hitting close to 40% should be of interest to a contender.

Thread Information