Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moses Brown to the Spurs, according to Shams...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For who?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's solved if they wanted to do it. Clearly they weren't going to and no one else was.
    You have to start asking questions then if SA messed up letting Jak tank his value playing for this bad team with no point guard vs trading him in off season etc…

I was just refuting your point about it being about Wemby when that is so easily resolved as I mentioned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cash Considerations

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moses Brown to the Spurs, according to Shams...
    Fake

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doubt he was ever in play, he's a part of their rotation. Spurs have zero need of him.

The contract of Birch is cheap. It's weird getting wound up on the contract coming back. It's all about the pick's protections - this is what makes or breaks the deal from the Spurs perspective. Who cares if the Spurs have 60 mil or 53 mil of cap space plus a back up big in the summer.
    Part of a 26-30 roster rotation? Come on man. Toronto is and was going nowhere. Thad was the better option for us.

Yet, it appears as though we got manhandled.

And I'll say this if it's actually a top 15 or 20 protected pick as someone stated above, inaddition to this Birch nonsense, Wright has got to go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moses Brown is ass tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, I too am awaiting the pick. Big picture thats all that matters. I dont care if y’all think I’m being pedantic either; this FO has a lot to prove and every move is critical. Yes, some matter more than others and not making huge mistakes is the only important thing.

However, details matter. Every little thing matters in the nba and every edge. Don’t be lazy; dont do things for free and dont fall on the crutch of having “enough” cap space to justify not getting optimal deal. But again, if it’s a top 8 or less pick? I will consider that payment for taking such a dumb player back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont understand this always cavalier at ude of being lazy in deals just because “you can” lol. I really dont. Thad Young was right there for the taking.

I dont really care if SA doesn’t have plans for the cap space, Khem is a bad deal and no reason SA should have had that forced upon them IMO because its not good period. Not bad does not equal good.

It’s money they could have used to absorb maybe a Simmons deal next year vs not. Or whatever. Just no reason to be lazy for no good reason like saying it’s ok to overpay for a car just because you are rich. Value is value and SA better have gotten a GREAT pick for both relenting on 2 firsts and taking KHEM
    To be totally honest, the reason why I like this deal at first blush is because the other Raptors deal that I heard about today was Thaddeus, Banton and a heavily protected first that immediately flipped to a second rounder if it didn't convey. I'd rather the Spurs get Birch, a not as heavily protected first (hopefully) and two seconds.

This deal also looks better than what the Celtics were offering (PP, Gallo and that 2028 pick outright instead of the swap).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, I too am awaiting the pick. Big picture thats all that matters. I dont care if y’all think I’m being pedantic either; this FO has a lot to prove and every move is critical. Yes, some matter more than others and not making huge mistakes is the only important thing.

However, details matter. Every little thing matters in the nba and every edge. Don’t be lazy; dont do things for free and dont fall on the crutch of having “enough” cap space to justify not getting optimal deal. But again, if it’s a top 8 or less pick? I will consider that payment for taking such a dumb player back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In my opinion, I can see Dedmon walking and bye-bye to Birch in a buyout, and Bassey gets called up from the ATX to come off the bench. Zollins will get the nod to start in the post Poeltl era. But time will tell though...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

oh, , you're right. The fake Shams account got me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl a good soldier?? I mean I don’t like this trade, but Poeltl is far from a soldier. You need to poke this guy everytime to work, came from offseason unprepared missing FT’s until 3rd of the season already, cowers against credible bigs. I agree he is getting better on FT lately, but too little too late. STILL, I think Spurs got shortchanged. I expected at least 1 unprotected FRP, with what Spurs got for DJ and Derrick. Very underwhelming.
    I don’t know what to tell you. Soldier doesn’t simply refer to physicality or having a battle hardened quality (although it certainly can though that’s not what I’m necessarily referring to here).

Since he came to the Spurs, he never played less than 80% of his eligible games.
    He was never involved in conduct detrimental to team culture.
    He just went out there, performed his role and anchored a team with defensive sieves such as DDR, Doug McDermott, Bryn Forbes and Keldon Johnson at one point or another.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I think about it, top 5-7 is where the protection should land… we’ll see if Wright knows what he is doing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And even then, it's so grossly below the expectation bar they themselves evidently eagerly put out into the public sphere of not moving Poeltl for less than 2 FRPs or one unprotected and young player with some upside.

They might have gotten none of those things. Which is why I'll officially be on the fire Wright bandwagon once we find out the protections. A top 10 protected is far too much for me given Poeltl was a top 10 and was heavily sought after by his initial draft team. That should easily be a top 5, or top 8, AT WORST, protected pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be totally honest, the reason why I like this deal at first blush is because the other Raptors deal that I heard about today was Thaddeus, Banton and a heavily protected first that immediately flipped to a second rounder if it didn't convey. I'd rather the Spurs get Birch, a not as heavily protected first (hopefully) and two seconds.

This deal also looks better than what the Celtics were offering (PP, Gallo and that 2028 pick outright instead of the swap).
    Correct. If Khem was the cost of compensation? Fine. I get it. But until we know I am assuming worst. But I would have been ok walking away with Jak and paying him functionally 13M in year 1 even if deals weren’t good enough too.

I honestly think, if TOR deal is pick 10 or worse protected (so 10-14) that I would rather have fully unprotected BOS pick and keep SA own.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. Yaks subpar play meant spurs had to cave

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like I easily take the BOS deal lol…am I crazy. I value having your own picks more than a lot of things…so a chance to get basically a fully unprotected pick and keep your own? Ya, I get it that SA can still swap if its pick 2 and thats amazing…..but unless this raps pick protection is SO light, is a lottery protected first from TOR better than keeping your own pick? I dont know about that…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Raptors use kawhi to ring and get poodle power back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    really depends on the protections, but seems the Spurs got fleeced here

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Had us train him for a couple years and then got him back for the 28th pick in the draft lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wright gifting low cost loans and LOBs to Toronto.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What happened to Jaks value? I wanted Josh and Doug and Jak moved pre-season for this very reason….Hard to argue anyone improved their value by waiting and it was obvious all should be trade candidates too.

Oh well. Hopefully we get some collective good news on the picks and more moves to keep this train rolling at least. As of now, UTA, HOU, OKC and a few others have more assets than SA unfortunately and our division is absolutely brutal with Dallas landing their star in Luka, MEM getting Ja, NO getting Zion (and having extra picks) and god forbid HOU landing Wemby while owning all of BKY picks.

That’s why I nitpick. It’s an arms race and SA is behind and can’t cut corners and or get lazy/fleeced.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like I easily take the BOS deal lol…am I crazy. I value having your own picks more than a lot of things…so a chance to get basically a fully unprotected pick and keep your own? Ya, I get it that SA can still swap if its pick 2 and thats amazing…..but unless this raps pick protection is SO light, is a lottery protected first from TOR better than keeping your own pick? I dont know about that…
    The value of that Boston pick is difficult to figure out. If you're already getting the better pick (as long as it's not Boston's #1 overall pick), you're limiting the upside quite a bit.

Let's see what kind of protections this pick has. And let's see if it still flips to a second rounder right away.

Plus, I want to know if the Spurs got their second round pick this year. That looks like it could be quite valuable. A 30-something pick and a first rounder that isn't heavily protected -- and another second rounder? Yeah, pretty good -- especially compared to these other trades that were scaring me today

Thread Information