Page 50 of 120 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 2994
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jordan going after every Carolina guy apparently.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    theres also 90% chance I'm gonna bang Jennifer Lawrence
    Close the deal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well that settles it then. If both Broussard and Sheridan say James is going back to Cleveland, then he for sure is going to Miami.

This may be a ruse by James to leak false info to get Bosh to hurry up and commit to Houston.
    Great point. I also believe that Melo is waiting on Bosh to decide on Houston. So he can sign with Miami and play with Lebron. Not the brightest idea given Miami would have no decent big men who can defend and score a basketball and Wade and Anthony are poor defenders along with Allen, if he returns.

Houston would be legit if they nab Bosh.

Dan Le Bba stated that there has been absolutely no info leaked by Lebrons camp or his agent, so most of their sources are speculation from front offices. Cleveland believes that they have a chance after meeting with his agent and that how this got going.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Woj with the instant credibility... that's now 3 different sources reporting that Cleveland in the mix.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hypothetically, if he does go back to Cleveland, the Cavs still aren't much of a contender. They would have to go all out for Kevin Love.
    The Wolves would probably want something like:

Thompson, Waiters, Bennett, 2015 1st rounder (maybe more picks), and Varejao

For Kevin Love & Kevin Martin

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lgghzbh

Cavs

PG-Irving/Jack
    SG-Martin/Wiggins
    SF-James/Wiggins
    PF-Love /(vet min player)
    C-Zeller (or vet min player)
    that would give them 12 players and $73.3 million in salary.
    they could sign 3 veteran min. players

maybe Rashard Lewis, Chris Anderson and Caron Butler

T-Wolves would get 3 rookie scale players with some upside,along with a 1st rounder. Varejao is a very good backup big man or starter, if he can play alongside Pekovic.

they'd have 14 players for $64.5 million with Bennett on a team option after next season and Varejao (as potential trade bait later on with his expiring contract)

For starters, they have to dump Jack to sign LBJ. And then I doubt Minne would trade Love for that pu-pu platter - they'd want Irving, and of course the Cavs would balk at that.

I still think Love will be a Dub - Warriors are insane for even thinking about Thompson/Lee for Love. You do it in a heartbeat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Woj with the instant credibility... that's now 3 different sources reporting that Cleveland in the mix.
    We've known Cleveland is in the mix for a while now. The question is whether he'll be able to turn his back on Miami/Pat Riley after making 4 consecutive Finals and winning 2 les. I'd personally like to see him go back to Cleveland just from a basketball fan standpoint, but I just don't see him leaving Miami after having all of this success. Hopefully I'm wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Looks like Pat is getting desperate. Who the wants Chalmers?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I maybe mistaken but reports that Miami used the MLE and BAE on McBob and Granger is inaccurate. They don't have any cap holds at the moment so they only have cap space and no exceptions.

I'm assuming they signed both for the cash value of the exceptions instead of the actual exceptions (using them as a reference point) they only should have $2.8 in committed cap to Hamilton and Cole.

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Looks like Pat is getting desperate. Who the wants Chalmers?
    This league is full of dumbass GM's

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I maybe mistaken but reports that Miami used the MLE and BAE on McBob and Granger is inaccurate. They don't have any cap holds at the moment so they only have cap space and no exceptions.

I'm assuming they signed both for the cash value of the exceptions instead of the actual exceptions (using them as a reference point) they only should have $2.8 in committed cap to Hamilton and Cole.
    What do you mean? Why wouldn't they have cap holds on James, Wade, Bosh, etc?

EDIT: They have over $87K in cap holds between The Big 3 + Haslem, Battier, Chalmers, and Allen.
    Last edited by Kindergarten Cop; 07-08-2014 at 10:45 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There have been zero reports of the heat renouncing the rights to anyone that I've seen, so yes, they would have exceptions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For starters, they have to dump Jack to sign LBJ. And then I doubt Minne would trade Love for that pu-pu platter - they'd want Irving, and of course the Cavs would balk at that.

I still think Love will be a Dub - Warriors are insane for even thinking about Thompson/Lee for Love. You do it in a heartbeat.
    Jack can be pretty easily moved. If Minny want better deal, only the Celtic and Suns can offer a better one. I think OKC could if they were motivated enough to do so.

I think its Thompson/Lee/Barnes for Love and Martin.

Dubs think they are giving up too much and they don't want Martin because of potential, cap issue down the line.

If that deal is accurate then GSW is clearly giving up too much. That the backup SF, starting SG and PF on a playoff team for Love.

Thompson is a stud. If he weren't playing alongside Curry and Iggy he'd probably putting up 23 ppg.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is sheridan basically another incarcerated bob/darren connolly type of guy that just throws on the wall and has no real sources, gets a couple of guesses right and everybody think's he's an insider?
    He's a guy who used to be a journalist covering the NBA for a real media outlet (ESPN?). But he left (quit/downsized/fired) and started his own website to cover the NBA. But he's finding it hard to make money, so he has to chase clicks to get advertising revenue to support himself, which leads to a bunch of outlandish, attention seeking desperation screeches.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Lebron goes back to Cleveland and they trade for Love that is an impressive lineup that would be good through Lebron's next contract. You can't say the same for Miami with Wade and Bosh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you mean? Why wouldn't they have cap holds on James, Wade, Bosh, etc?

EDIT: They have over $87K in cap holds between The Big 3 + Haslem, Battier, Chalmers, and Allen.
    I though because they opted out that there would be no cap holds. I guess that's not the case then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I though because they opted out that there would be no cap holds. I guess that's not the case then.
    IIRC, the cap holds disappear if the team renounces their rights, not if they opt out.

Miami wouldn't do that because the cap would then hamstring them more if they wanted to resign all three.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Lebron goes back to Cleveland and they trade for Love that is an impressive lineup that would be good through Lebron's next contract. You can't say the same for Miami with Wade and Bosh.
    Agree. Love, Irving, Lebron (even if they lose Wiggins) is a stronger, younger core than Bosh, Wade, Lebron. If they manage to keep Wiggins, that's another level of young talent Miami can't match. Add a Varejao, and the always-down-to-coat-tail Ray Allen, and that's a nice mix of veterans and youth that could walk through the East as easily as the Heat have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IIRC, the cap holds disappear if the team renounces their rights, not if they opt out.

Miami wouldn't do that because the cap would then hamstring them more if they wanted to resign all three.
    they still hold their bird rights, and the ability to hand out 5 year contracts + higher raise increments. waiving their rights would mean they have zero advantage in resigning them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a great fit there. The Hornets were fools to trade away their dust chip, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hayward is a good fit for Charlotte, but not for the max. I have a feeling Charlotte threw way too much money at him. It'll be interesting to see if Utah puts their money where their mouth is and matches the offer regardless of the amount.
    Last edited by SpursFan86; 07-09-2014 at 12:03 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless the deal is outrageous, I think Utah matches pretty much anything Charlotte offers him anyways.

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Decent move by the Hornets. Him and Jefferson should be a nice little combo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Looks like I was right. Utah shouldn't match.

Thread Information