Page 507 of 745 FirstFirst ... 7407457497503504505506507508509510511517557607 ... LastLast
Results 12,651 to 12,675 of 18607
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Woj has been very good to San Antonio over the years.

Here's his breakdown of Stern's penalizing the team for the 2012 heat game
    https://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--d...194828970.html

Podcast with RC right after TD hung it up
    https://www.s cher.com/podcast/art...?********=true

Podcast with Manu from early 2016
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=1000364483726

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Longtime NBA reporter knows people who knows people.

If it's cloudy tomorrow it could rain.

Done deal.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    What are you gonna tease them over with if Kawhi ain't committing?
    Unless I’m misunderstanding DAs report they’re saying if Leonard commits long term they’ll trade for an all-star. If there’s a deal on the table for that why are they not doing so anyway?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhis camp thought the Spurs would be forced into a trade with all their leaks.

But the Spurs are screwing that up by not agreeing to a trade.

I know .

Would you like paper or plastic?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless I’m misunderstanding DAs report they’re saying if Leonard commits long term they’ll trade for an all-star. If there’s a deal on the table for that why are they not doing so anyway?
    If it's for Kemba he is only on a one year deal. Maybe they have a good enough pkg for Charlotte but Kemba does not commit long term unless Kawhi comes. This would result in Spurs giving up all their young assets for a year of Kemba. This sounds very ironic as I am writing this. Lol.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe because it's in exchange for young asset (i.e., Murray) and expiring contracts? Probably it's not a move that fits into their long term personnel and cap management, but something they're willing to do if that's what Kawhi wants. Totally guessing.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cris carter made a good point a couple days ago that people ignore. San Antonio is one of the few organizations in the league that dicates what kind of endorsements their players can sign.
    I watched the video, and my impression was that the Spurs want the players to run these deals by them so they can give their input, but the final decision was on the player. I don't think that's an unreasonable request, particularly given the judgment shown by Kawhi's team so far. Also, there are some really odd products out there, looking for celebrity endorsers: KAT endorsing beef jerky, Brett Favre and his copper lined knee braces, Frank Thomas and "male vitality" supplements, etc. It may not be such a bad idea to get the team's input when making these decisions, particularly when your own management team is...inexperienced.

Der Willis der Spurs wird siegen! FlAVaK's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I watched the video, and my impression was that the Spurs want the players to run these deals by them so they can give their input, but the final decision was on the player. I don't think that's an unreasonable request, particularly given the judgment shown by Kawhi's team so far. Also, there are some really odd products out there, looking for celebrity endorsers: KAT endorsing beef jerky, Brett Favre and his copper lined knee braces, Frank Thomas and "male vitality" supplements, etc. It may not be such a bad idea to get the team's input when making these decisions, particularly when your own management team is...full of .
    Fify

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I Love Pop and RC not caving in to these fools. We got his ass one more year MoFo’s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been watching the tape on Tobias Harris. He's 6-9, shoots the 3 at a higher percentage than KL and rebounds better. His defense does not compare, but whose does? A package with Harris who is 2 years younger than Kawhi, but has scored more points, (get Harris to sign an extension), sign and trade Harrell, and a couple number one draft picks seems like a better deal than most think for the win now approach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s funny that LA is cranky with LaVar for leaking the injury. What, exactly, do they think they’re buying into with Uncle Dennis?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s funny that LA is cranky with LaVar for leaking the injury. What, exactly, do they think they’re buying into with Uncle Dennis?
    Because they fed Uncle most of this in the first place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because they fed Uncle most of this in the first place.
    No. Uncle and the agency have their own agenda, which meshes somewhat with the Lakers, but their interests are not parallel. The first time Magic does something they don’t like...well, I’m reminded of the proverb of the scorpion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. Uncle and the agency have their own agenda, which meshes somewhat with the Lakers, but their interests are not parallel. The first time Magic does something they don’t like...well, I’m reminded of the proverb of the scorpion.
    They don't have to be parallel, but you don't think Kawhi's group all of a sudden thought up forcing a trade to LA all by themselves, do you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well now that it failed, what's next for the braintrust?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    David Aldridge knows a few people that knows a few people from Kawhis camp.

These arent just guessess.

The truth of the matter kawhis camp feels like this should have been a done deal days ago with the Clippers or Lakers but the spurs stuborness knows no bounds.

Now We have guys like Cowhered, and Carter pushing the "slave like" mentality in San Antonio and its only going to get worse as kawhis camp grows more desperate.

They believe the Spurs should have agreed on a deal two days ago. They thought it was done.
    Does he or does he not want to play with Lebron? Which team should it have been a done deal with? Clippers or Lakers.

I hope the Spurs send him to the Clippers rather than the Lakers. Would prefer Philadelphia over the Clippers too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By the way, KAWHI if his thinks the Spurs should just trade him for scraps so that he can get what he wants. The Spurs need a decent return, otherwise, the clown can just sit out the year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been watching the tape on Tobias Harris. He's 6-9, shoots the 3 at a higher percentage than KL and rebounds better. His defense does not compare, but whose does? A package with Harris who is 2 years younger than Kawhi, but has scored more points, (get Harris to sign an extension), sign and trade Harrell, and a couple number one draft picks seems like a better deal than most think for the win now approach.

No no no. Harris can't guard wings or bigs. He can't pass. Has low iq. Doesn't know to rotate correctly. Cannot screen. Is a career loser with one 1st round appearance. Stop looking at stats and highlights.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs can make a trade for an All-Star without giving up every little bit of their future, they owe it to LMA and the fans to do that. If Leonard doesn't want to be a part of that, trade him either for assets or the best replacement players at whatever positions of need are left. Maybe they can't win a le without Kawhi, even with Kemba or whomever. But get that guy, have him in the system and pay him what you need to to keep him in the fold.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs can make a trade for an All-Star without giving up every little bit of their future, they owe it to LMA and the fans to do that. If Leonard doesn't want to be a part of that, trade him either for assets or the best replacement players at whatever positions of need are left. Maybe they can't win a le without Kawhi, even with Kemba or whomever. But get that guy, have him in the system and pay him what you need to to keep him in the fold.
    Yes, do this. Spurs shouldn't only do this if Kawhi stays. If they can do it without giving up much, they should still try to do it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ap, you hearing anything interesting tonight?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, do this. Spurs shouldn't only do this if Kawhi stays. If they can do it without giving up much, they should still try to do it.
    Like if it's Kemba and he says he's definitely not reupping without Kawhi, then I see not doing something drastic. But if he's willing to stay on, then yeah, you trade Green and whatever for him. The only possible holdout would be Murray or Walker (not both), if Pop thinks one is going to really be a star. You don't get completely short-sighted. But you don't want to get caught halfway between rebuilding and competing.

Der Willis der Spurs wird siegen! FlAVaK's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And maybe they would like to include something out of a potential leonard trade into this fictional kemba trade, instead of one of their own asset, who knows...

So that might be the holdup there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kemba
    Harris
    Aldridge

Spurs new big 3 to challenge the warriors?

Thread Information