Page 51 of 141 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 3523
    Post Count
    That's not how it works, though. It doesn't matter if the bottom part of the ball is completely outside of the pitch, if any part of the cir ference of the ball is inside the pitch, the ball is in play. On that aerial shot, you can see that the ball didn't leave the field on its entirety.
    Yeah, it's the reverse of the break the plane for TD rule.

Don't think any other ball sport, where lines still are considered as fair, does it like that. Baseball, Tennis & Volleyball all would've considered it out.

Learned something new today.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Honestly, no one can convince that Spain didn't tank against Japan. On paper, a bracket of Marroco and Portugal certainly looks easier than Croatia and Brazil.

Sure, they were playing with fire since at one point, Costa Rica was winning 2-1 and Spain was out of the WC but in the end, Spain managed to pull it off.

Anyway, historically and specially in the last 2 decades, Spain has done well against Portugal. They actually beat and eliminated them just a few months ago, in the Nations League. So they obviously feel confident about that matchup.

On the other hand, i believe Portugal addressed some issues since that match. Specifically, playing Pepe and Felix over Jota and Danilo. Two players i considered to be Portugal's weakest links. So that matchup is wide open imo, assuming they beat their opponents in the round of 16.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Not to overlook Morroco. They're obviously capable, otherwise they wouldn't have finished 1st in their group.

Also, there's the component of centuries of off the pitch history between Morroco and Spain, which might give the players an extra edge going into this matchup.

My Team
    Colombia
    Post Count
    Goes to show you how much you know your football, tbh.

Germany had the core of arguably the best Bayern Munich team in history. It was kinda like what Spain had with Barcelona in 2010. Those that didn't have Germany as favourites knew very little, tbh.

I remember everybody saying Brazil just because they were locals, but I knew that Brazilian team was , specially after Neymar went down. I wanted that final vs Brazil so much. World Cup champions vs Brazil in Maracana.

We had to settle for the next best thing.
    You are wrong buddy. Germany was a far away favorite

Sbnation.com:

The updated odds to win the 2014 World Cup have Brazil sitting as the 3/1 favorites, followed by Argentina at 9/2, Germany at 11/2, and defending-champion Spain at 7/1.

The odds were hugely in favor of Arg, Bra

Im sorry

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count

Sbnation.com:

The updated odds to win the 2014 World Cup have Brazil sitting as the 3/1 favorites, followed by Argentina at 9/2, Germany at 11/2, and defending-champion Spain at 7/1.

Im sorry
    Tournament location is hugely overrated. Teams can use it to propel them to a deeper run but it's almost meaningless once you reach the SemiFinals and beyond.

DAF86 is right. Bayern's treble core + Klose/Podolski, Reus/Ozil/Shurrle and Kroos/Khederia/Mertesacker. No weakness.

Gave up 4 goals in the entire Tournament. Dropped 4 on Portugal, beat the 2018 Champs, then both South American giants.

Best team since 2002 Brazil IMO

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Germany needs to bring back this guy, tbh...

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    Only 18 months before they host Europe

One Bayern fan said England will bring football home on German soil

The Germans biggest nightmare

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Goes to show you how much you know your football, tbh.

Germany had the core of arguably the best Bayern Munich team in history. It was kinda like what Spain had with Barcelona in 2010. Those that didn't have Germany as favourites knew very little, tbh.

I remember everybody saying Brazil just because they were locals, but I knew that Brazilian team was , specially after Neymar went down. I wanted that final vs Brazil so much. World Cup champions vs Brazil in Maracana.

We had to settle for the next best thing.

How do you feel about a Argentina/Brazil semi final if it does happen this WC?

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    Difficult to judge the teams. I think we are in for many upsets R16.

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    No Germany
    No Russia
    No Scandavians

Polska still rocking

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    On a side note congrats Stephanie Frappart the first woman to ref a wc game. She did great tbh
    Round of 16. You know I'm gonna play the your team isn't European card

My ancestors fought for Napoleon. Your NT is a disgrace to Europe. Enjoy your trophies that only outsiders enjoy.

But I also respect how France is handling new immigration. Le Pen to glory. Polska has your support.

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    I supported Zidane n Co when I was in Deutschland 2006.

France now. You are ruining International compe ion. We might not beat you but when your team inevitably loses I'll celebrate. Chumps need outsider help.

All Native Europeans hate your guts. Once proud France turned . Unlike my ancestors, I'll line up and fight you traitors.
    Last edited by FrostKing; 12-02-2022 at 05:03 AM.

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count

H2H native polak is better than french

Jesteśmy lepsi od Francuzów
    Last edited by FrostKing; 12-02-2022 at 06:44 AM.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Same as the Copa America final: tight game that could go either way. Maybe even penalties.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count

Sbnation.com:

Im sorry
    That's exactly what I said

"I remember everybody saying Brazil just because they were locals, but I knew that Brazilian team was , specially after Neymar went down."

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Round of 16. You know I'm gonna play the your team isn't European card

My ancestors fought for Napoleon. Your NT is a disgrace to Europe. Enjoy your trophies that only outsiders enjoy.

But I also respect how France is handling new immigration. Le Pen to glory. Polska has your support.
    I supported Zidane n Co when I was in Deutschland 2006.

France now. You are ruining International compe ion. We might not beat you but when your team inevitably loses I'll celebrate. Chumps need outsider help.

All Native Europeans hate your guts. Once proud France turned . Unlike my ancestors, I'll line up and fight you traitors.

H2H native polak is better than french

Jesteśmy lepsi od Francuzów
    You mad bro ? scared to be roasted by a bunch of black dudes ?

Today's white supremacists

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Honestly, no one can convince that Spain didn't tank against Japan. On paper, a bracket of Marroco and Portugal certainly looks easier than Croatia and Brazil.

Sure, they were playing with fire since at one point, Costa Rica was winning 2-1 and Spain was out of the WC but in the end, Spain managed to pull it off.

Anyway, historically and specially in the last 2 decades, Spain has done well against Portugal. They actually beat and eliminated them just a few months ago, in the Nations League. So they obviously feel confident about that matchup.

On the other hand, i believe Portugal addressed some issues since that match. Specifically, playing Pepe and Felix over Jota and Danilo. Two players i considered to be Portugal's weakest links. So that matchup is wide open imo, assuming they beat their opponents in the round of 16.
    I saw the game and I did not see any tank, Spain attacked till the last minute. They rested 5 or 6 players which was a reasonable thing to do considering odds were slim for them to not classify but they played normally

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    You mad bro ? scared to be roasted by a bunch of black dudes ?

Today's white supremacists
    Today's European. Always & forever.

We kicked your butt before and we'll do it again. Round up your slaves.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count

Spain did look like they were attacking until the very end but obviously finishing second would be more beneficial to them.

Portugal have a pretty mediocre coach and have yet to be really tested by a decent opponent but I think a lot of teams have yet to be truly tested so far.

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    Spain did look like they were attacking until the very end but obviously finishing second would be more beneficial to them.

Portugal have a pretty mediocre coach and have yet to be really tested by a decent opponent but I think a lot of teams have yet to be truly tested so far.
    Barca boys got revenge on all these years of Muller clowning

Maybe indirectly. Spain isn't as good offensively. But that's how Germans will remember it.

My Team
    Colombia
    Post Count
    Regarding the German tears and VAR

As far as I know the FULL CIN FERENCE OF THE BALL has to cross the line. Not just the bottom that touches the ground. So even some pics that show some grass dont mean .

Gtfo with your tears panzers

My Team
    Colombia
    Post Count
    That's exactly what I said

"I remember everybody saying Brazil just because they were locals, but I knew that Brazilian team was , specially after Neymar went down."
    Anyone that knew football had Brazil and Arg above germany.

Sorry brah only methheads and germans had germany as top fav

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Anyone that knew football had Brazil and Arg above germany.

Sorry brah only methheads and germans had germany as top fav
    Well, it seems like hindsight proved that those that bet on Germany were actually the smart ones.

Thread Information